Official Club Stuff Ollie Wines extends contract for another four years

Remove this Banner Ad

I never thought he'd leave, and I still think it is pointless celebrating players committing to us, we should expect it and the club should be doing the work to make sure it happens by breeding the right culture and inclusivity. However I am happy to hear it given all the rumours, and Ollie's importance to our late 2020 season form.

However I don't like the 2026 term one bit. Just don't understand why it needed to go that long. Even 2025 is long but more than enough. I have no idea why we'd go so long. We've rolled the dice on this one, lets hope it pays off. Hopefully he is a person that really just wants to flourish without that contract talk sitting over his head.

The 2026 does seem long, but by the sound of it we have pushed some of his end of 2022 deal into the next 4 years. I guess that's the trade off, he takes less money in his initial deal for more years at the end.

Graham Cornes started the rumour last night on 5AA.

No joke
Graham Cornes says he doubts Port Adelaide and Ollie Wines will see out their six-year deal saying “that’s the way of football these days”.

“I’m puzzled with that,” Cornesy told Rowey & Bicks on the FIVEaa sports show. “A six-year contract, for heaven’s sake.”
“I’ll bet you right here and now he doesn’t see out the six years. That’s the way of football these days. This is no detraction on Ollie. I bet they don’t see the six years out with Port Adelaide.”
ROWEY: “You reckon he’ll leave?”
CORNESY: “He’s going to be subjected to all sorts of pressure. What are they thinking.”
Crap on Cornes LOL

whats behind the paywall at the advertiser this morning?
something about ollie making sacrifices to not see a collingwood situation at port??
This was the gist of it ....

'And unlike other highly scrutinised long-term contracts around the league, Wines’ deal won’t be on huge money like Brodie Grundy and Stephen Coniglio. In fact, Davies all but confirmed to get the long-term deal, Wines would have given up some salary, saying, “to get a deal like this you have to give something up, and to give a deal like this you have to give something up”.'

So seems we gave him the extra years, in exchange for him accepting less money.

Who even cares if he doesn't see out the contract? He just gave up rights to FA to sign with us, so whatever we get will be pretty much on our terms.

Enjoy your shitty pick for Crouch :thumbsu:

He'Ll Be SuBjEcTeD tO aLl SoRtS oF pReSsUrE

They're just in a hole about loyalty in football because they can't retain anyone worth their salt, so they just think it's the same everywhere without realizing they have an isolated problem commonly seen by the expansion clubs.

s**t Club No History etc.

Last edited:
The thing is they won't change because it works.

Just read the Adelaide board to hear how they fall for it hook line and sinker.

We sign up a quality young mid for 6 years and they are now predicting we will fall apart like they did.

There's actually a nice comment chain about someone saying that Wines is a worse Sloane and then another one of their poster compared their numbers and Wines pretty much beats him in all the important stats for an inside mid and gets paid less than Sloane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately his dad is still alive lol how he still gets air time fu**en boggles the mind.
No,Cornes's Dad died about a year or so ago,lived to be over 100 I think,so a fair innings.

There's actually a nice comment chain about someone saying that Wines is a worse Sloane and then another one of their poster compared their numbers and Wines pretty much beats him in all the important stats for an inside mid and gets paid less than Sloane.
They also have a whole thread titled Chayce Jones 2020 highlights

I cant imagine it is very long. He only had 122 disposal for the entire season.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They also have a whole thread titled Chayce Jones 2020 highlights

I cant imagine it is very long. He only had 122 disposal for the entire season.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All those sub double digit games.

in b4 David Penberthy is sick of doing breakfast radio and will join Rowie

I wouldn't think so, he's never played a sport in his life. Usually that's the minimum requirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back