Rumour Ollie Wines moving back to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying it'll be a straight swap, but both are contracted and both haven't been in great form. If Fantasia wants to go to Port and Wines wants to come to us, then it can easily be done.
Yep. Wouldn't be surprised if it gone done for not much more than that. Port could free up a fair chunk of cap space and get a great young small forward to pair with Rozee.

Not saying it'll be a straight swap, but both are contracted and both haven't been in great form. If Fantasia wants to go to Port and Wines wants to come to us, then it can easily be done.
Essendon would need to Trade Francis i would think for Essendon to get Wines that way you'd have 2 first round picks to play with, 1 that you'd get for Francis an 1 you have in next years Draft to give away

Essendon would need to Trade Francis i would think for Essendon to get Wines that way you'd have 2 first round picks to play with, 1 that you'd get for Francis an 1 you have in next years Draft to give away
Yeah I hope we don't spend 2 first rounders on Wines. Not worth that considering he isn't an automatic selection at Port lately.

Don't Port have Bassett? I believe that's why.
From memory, he's the reason why we got Fantasia in the first place.
Bassett went back to Port Years ago, so maybe Fantasia will go to Port? you'd probably get a 2nd rounder for Fantasia, he aint worth a 1st rounder IMO

If this has any truth to it wonder if the skiing accident and injury fallout has anything to do with his change of mindset.

That and Port being up and down and having a president who wont keep his trap shut.

Fantasia and Wines are both at the same level right now, their lowest.

Yeah they are but I'd still say Wines has more currency. 5 top 10 B&F finishes, with two 2nds compared to 2 top 10 B&F finishes, best of 6th.
Durability huge favour of Wines, 5/7 complete seasons v 2/6.
Tackling beast contested inside mid who can take a mark (top 5-10 for mids with contested marks in 2017-18), club captain. His value is at its lowest but it's still high. He'd compliment the run of other Essendon mids perfectly. And yes I say this having seen the best of Fantasia tear us up multiple times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantasia hasnt really Hit peak Form since his last terrific Year which i think he kicked around 36 Goals that season, something like that. at best a late 2nd rounder for Fantasia.
Yeah but Wines is in terrible form. Both are contracted with injury concerns. Which is why I said Fantasia can form as part of the deal. Anyway, this is the Wines thread.

Wines has more currency but not by much. His salary is a negative to his value. You can't just easily fit in an 800k player into your team.

I would say if a deal like this gets gets done, it's for Fantasia and a second rounder. Wouldn't want to pay more.

Fantasia is easily a top 10 small forward in the competition if his health is better managed. Judging from our sacking of Crow, it's clear that we couldn't provide that for him.

Do Essendon even have two first rounders to spend? I thought the Shiel trade ate last years and this years. Did you get another one somehow?
nope they dont, only the 1 , however they do have 2 2nd rounds, as i said, they'd need to Trade out a first round player an thats probably Francis atm but there's a good chance he'll stay

nope they dont, only the 1 , however they do have 2 2nd rounds, as i said, they'd need to Trade out a first round player an thats probably Francis atm but there's a good chance he'll stay

They also havent had a first round draft pick since 2016 so its unlikely the AFL will let them use their 2020 pick. Wines is exactly the type they need too, not sure Dodoro is creative enough to get it done though. He'll want to keep Francis and Fantasia, so unless they request a trade I cant see the club approaching them.

Wines has more currency but not by much. His salary is a negative to his value. You can't just easily fit in an 800k player into your team.

I would say if a deal like this gets gets done, it's for Fantasia and a second rounder. Wouldn't want to pay more.

Fantasia is easily a top 10 small forward in the competition if his health is better managed. Judging from our sacking of Crow, it's clear that we couldn't provide that for him.

IMO Wines has a lot more currency in general, given their respective careers to date.

But at the end of the day it's circumstantial. For example Hawthorn would need a small forward much more than it would need a big bodied midfielder, and so I'd be happier for us to trade something for a player of Fanta's calibre than for Wines.

Right now Essendon need that big bodied midfielder, and Port could need that small forward if they want to move Rozee and Gray back into their midfield. Adelaide however need a small much more with Eddie being cooked.

IMO Wines has a lot more currency in general, given their respective careers to date.

But at the end of the day it's circumstantial. For example Hawthorn would need a small forward much more than it would need a big bodied midfielder, and so I'd be happier for us to trade something for a player of Fanta's calibre than for Wines.

Right now Essendon need that big bodied midfielder, and Port could need that small forward if they want to move Rozee and Gray back into their midfield. Adelaide however need a small much more with Eddie being cooked.
We do need a big bodied mid but there are a few options out there. Greenwood and Sier (if he doesn't re-contract) come to mind. That is, if we don't go to the draft.

Port do need a replacement small for Robbie Gray as he's nearing the end, and Sam Gray is inconsistent (and possibly heading to Carlton).

I think a deal like this could help both parties. Port aren't exactly hard-up for inside mids.

Yay 2 steak knives we don't need :)

....Steak knives? Beyond help.

Uh no it's not.

Any club would have paid the salary he's on.
That's a big salary. Not a lot of clubs can just take that on with the simplicity you're implying. I'm not saying he isn't worth it (well, sort of) but he'd almost certainly take a pay cut to come home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back