Rumour Ollie Wines moving back to Victoria

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I mean two first rounders or it’s equivalent. Someone suggested for us to trade into this year’s first round.

I get the impression that Wines may very well peaked as a player. I would be very wary of paying overs for him, especially Essendon. You guys should wait another year and go in hard for Lachie Whitfield who is a Restricted Free Agent in 2020. He would be perfect for the Dons (or any team for that matter, he is a jet)

would be the perfect players for Essendon imo
He would be handy at any club but we would happily have him. Doubt we could afford him.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I get the impression that Wines may very well peaked as a player. I would be very wary of paying overs for him, especially Essendon. You guys should wait another year and go in hard for Lachie Whitfield who is a Restricted Free Agent in 2020. He would be perfect for the Dons (or any team for that matter, he is a jet)
Yeah he'd definitely make us better, and any team for that matter. But I think our most pressing issue is the lack of size we have on the inside. We're having to play forwards in inside roles and they're just getting torched. Unfortunately, there aren't a huge amount of options on the cards.

He would be handy at any club but we would happily have him. Doubt we could afford him.
possibly, but he is the exact type of player that you are missing

dcutter

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't reckon he's that good. Probably hasn't had a great crack at it this year but honestly, I don't think he's become anywhere near the player we thought he would when he first burst onto the scene.

Certainly wouldn't be offering up big trade currency to get him.

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
He is too big and way too slow

Don’t want unless it’s a late 2nd rounder

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Good mates with Viney. Wants to go to Melbourne

Good lawd, how samey could their midfield get?!

Obviously it would be disruptive to lose your captain (as disruptive as keeping him around if he's unhappy?), but I feel he has plateaud as a player, and is a very iffy ball user, who kind of epitomises the issues the Power have as a team. Might be worth trading him if there is some polish or premium draft picks coming back the other way.

Back