Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

In his latest interview on radio Ollie said he wont be leaving Port as he loves Port and the Players. So that's that.
Who would go to Victoria with their Corona Virus problems ... Geez
Can't remember the last player who came out mid-season and said he didn't like the club and players, and wants to leave.

Will depend if he wants to return to Victoria, if he is happy to stay, then port are keeping him
ironically, if port win a flag, will probably make his and port decision easier
port wont let him go for a bag of chips though
He will look to a club on the rise as he is 26 and would not leave finals at port for a club starting their rebuild,
A rising club will also have salary cap room for him and the picks to satisfy port
carlton, st kilda and western bulldogs are the three that spring to mind
Collingwood and geelong, richmond mature lists, no cap room or picks
Melbourne looks to be dysfunctional atm
essendons list needs rebuild in the near future, ageing key back stocks and no forward line
North and hawks lists in need of serious rebuild

Will depend if he wants to return to Victoria, if he is happy to stay, then port are keeping him
ironically, if port win a flag, will probably make his and port decision easier
port wont let him go for a bag of chips though
He will look to a club on the rise as he is 26 and would not leave finals at port for a club starting their rebuild,
A rising club will also have salary cap room for him and the picks to satisfy port
carlton, st kilda and western bulldogs are the three that spring to mind
Collingwood and geelong, richmond mature lists, no cap room or picks
Melbourne looks to be dysfunctional atm
essendons list needs rebuild in the near future, ageing key back stocks and no forward line
North and hawks lists in need of serious rebuild

Could go the other way if Port win the flag though. Maybe in that scenario he wants to see out his contract and try for a dynasty while maybe nabbing a Norm Smith or two along the way. Why leave a good thing?

Don't see why he would want to leave. On good coin, playing in a good team and getting back into his best form. Plus will be captain after Jonas, you'd think.

I don't see the attraction of going to Melbourne for Ollie. If the Echuca Murray Bombers suddenly get a promotion to the big league, or St Kilda relocate to Echuca for the next three seasons for Covid reasons, then perhaps I could see him leaving, but otherwise, Port have a brilliant player and character at their club who isn't going anywhere.

Pretty happy Ollie didn't take the easy way out and just dummy spit all season.... he's back to some of his best in recent weeks. Good character, next Captain for me.

Yep. Obviously something clicked at some point this year and he's gotten back to having the attitude he needed. The ability has always been there.

Yep. Obviously something clicked at some point this year and he's gotten back to having the attitude he needed. The ability has always been there.
Keeping him regardless of the depth in that position (not in that age group though obviously) was ALWAYS going to be better than what we'd pick him when he's outta form and injured for 2 years.

So yeah stoked. Personally I expected him to knuckle down. Seemed to good of a guy to screw the club.

If he were to pursue a trade and Essendon finish bottom 4. How far off is Essendon’s 1st and 2nd for Wines and Ports 1st

that’s a horrible horrible trade for port.

Signs look positive that he may stay at port, even if he does ask for a trade he doesn’t look unhappy that our hand would be forced.

port doesn’t have a 2020 1st so you’re suggesting our 2021 1st?

a first round swap and a mid second Round pick would be beyond horrible. At this stage 2021 picks would likely be fairly hot commodity too with that draft looking pretty good.

I wouldn’t swap our 2021 1st for your 2020 1st and a second as it is much less throw in wines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're confusing two seperate issues and trying to make a point out of it lol.

they’re not. You reckon there’s way better options out there to replace wines.

I’m asking if that is supposedly true why essendon hasn’t signed one?

the answer is because these “better options” are so few and far between that you can’t.

they’re not. You reckon there’s way better options out there to replace wines.

I’m asking if that is supposedly true why essendon hasn’t signed one?

the answer is because these “better options” are so few and far between that you can’t.
I've made it clear there are better contracted inside mids, and far better value for money inside mids that would be gettable.

You'd have to ask Dodo why we haven't signed one up. I mean, we haven't really had one since Jobe left. Are you really trying to tell me no inside mids have been gettable in the last 3 years? Find that hard to believe.

that’s a horrible horrible trade for port.

Signs look positive that he may stay at port, even if he does ask for a trade he doesn’t look unhappy that our hand would be forced.

port doesn’t have a 2020 1st so you’re suggesting our 2021 1st?

a first round swap and a mid second Round pick would be beyond horrible. At this stage 2021 picks would likely be fairly hot commodity too with that draft looking pretty good.

I wouldn’t swap our 2021 1st for your 2020 1st and a second as it is much less throw in wines.

Didn’t realise that you were without a first rounder this year. Agree you guys wouldn’t risk 2021.

why would a 26 year old, well paid mid, with 4 years of top line football leave a club finishing top 4, contending for a flag
leave for a club, that will finish bottom 6 ,and unlikely to be seriously contending for a flag in the 4 years of top line footy he has left

why would a 26 year old, well paid mid, with 4 years of top line football leave a club finishing top 4, contending for a flag
leave for a club, that will finish bottom 6 ,and unlikely to be seriously contending for a flag in the 4 years of top line footy he has left
At last you have hit the nail on the head.
Your post makes a mockery of some of the stupid posts in this thread ... well done. :thumbsu:

I know its slightly different but
Chris Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back