Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
What it probably does is kill off any speculation port will be able to garner a top 3 pick this year to go after Lukosius as there is no one else that they would even consider trading out that would get that sort of currency - ie Rozee and whoever else they would trade probably won't be worth that sort of a pick. But in saying that, I was baffled that there was internal speculation about wines anyway - he is not the age profile to want to trade out and he is current captain

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
What it probably does is kill off any speculation port will be able to garner a top 3 pick this year to go after Lukosius as there is no one else that they would even consider trading out that would get that sort of currency - ie Rozee and whoever else they would trade probably won't be worth that sort of a pick. But in saying that, I was baffled that there was internal speculation about wines anyway - he is not the age profile to want to trade out and he is current captain

Don’t think GC will trade Luko for pick 3 unless he requests a trade. If not, next year is the year teams will be after him.

Port will be getting the currency next year to acquire him, with his best mate being Rozee.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Read my post above about polec and his best mate brodie smith..howd that turn out
They where mates, I’m sure they where best mates where they ? Luko and Rozee I believe are actually best mates.

The way your club (list) is going Luko would surely have Port ahead, Rozee being his best mates is a big bonus for port. Being a professional footballer his decision would be based on what’s best for his future.

Port may have a s**t coach, but he won’t be here much longer. What we do have is a great young list.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Makes sense that it's been shut down. Apart from being captain and contracted - surely you get rid of Rockliff ahead of Wines, and Boak is in his early 30s. They have depth in the position right now but give it 2 years and ???

Makes sense that it's been shut down. Apart from being captain and contracted - surely you get rid of Rockliff ahead of Wines, and Boak is in his early 30s. They have depth in the position right now but give it 2 years and ???
Rockliff has just had/about to have a shoulder reco. Don’t see him going anywhere.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

Carlton was approached to consider a shock trade for Ollie Wines.

In a surprising development, the Herald Sun has confirmed the Blues were asked to weigh up making a play for the Port Adelaide co-captain.

But despite how appealing a Patrick Cripps-Ollie Wines engine room might look, Carlton is not considering it as an option in this trade period.

The Blues are conscious of their need for speed and instead remain committed to trade targets Tom Papley, Jack Martin and Eddie Betts.

Sources familiar with the left-field approach — which came around two weeks ago — said it came from the Wines camp, rather than the Power.

If Ollie wants out there’ll be a stack of suitors in Victoria.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I’d do a future first and whatever else it takes for Ollie. Papley for 9.

Not fussed on Martin but if it did come down to him vs Wines and we picked Martin I’d be annoyed.

Don’t think we’d be the only club out for Ollie and others could probably offer more but it helps he wants to come or would favour us in a move.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow. How often does a club captain look for a trade a year after signing a long extension?

Wonder what brought this on?

I'm guessing some harsh words were spoken about that preseason injury water skiing. Koshy doesn't help either.

So do Port keep Wines now that this news is out?

If he stays how can he stay captain?

Faucon Bleu

Debutant
Sep 5, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks like we are becoming a destination club again, good players approaching us and wanting to play for the Blues.

Back