Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. How often does a club captain look for a trade a year after signing a long extension?

Wonder what brought this on?

I'm guessing some harsh words were spoken about that preseason injury water skiing. Koshy doesn't help either.

So do Port keep Wines now that this news is out?

If he stays how can he stay captain?

There was some talk on the board during the year about Wines seeking a move to Vic, possibly to do with a personal reason that wasn't public information.

You would think that there is some type of 3 way trade where Daniher ends up at Sydney, Wines at Essendon and draft picks at port that would work for everyone.

Would be a good fit for Essendon or Carlton. Maybe even Geelong could take him now that Kelly has gone.

If he wants to come home he should find somewhere easily. Good player. Probably unhappy about playing 2s.

Smart by Carlton to not spend a lot of time and resources into Wines this trade period. They don't need another slow big bodied midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart by Carlton to not spend a lot of time and resources into Wines this trade period. They don't need another slow big bodied midfielder.

We actually need at least one more to ease the load on Cripps. E Curnow’s getting older, we’re using Kennedy as a mid-sized forward and Setterfield isn’t a bull by any means.

I think it is a bit of feigned nonchalance in our part.

Think Carlton would be the best fit for Wines. Would be a great get for Carlton to add an inside midfielder in their prime to help Cripps out.

Can't see them having enough ammo this year if the Papley and Martin deals go through. I think it's far too late to pull out of those deals to try and focus on Wines. If they had have known earlier it'd be interesting to see what their priority would be out of Wines and Papley.

You'd think his value would be, at the very least, similar to what Shiel was traded for and Carlton won't have near enough.

Doesnt sound like they will.
Cause we want someone that can come in and be a high level contributor to our best 22 straight away.
Pick 5 and 9 are good for 2021-onwards (which I would still do, but I'm not Dodoro).

If Ollie Wines was within grasping and Port would take the picks, I imagine Dodoro couldn't say yes quickly enough.

Has been eyeing Wines for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back