Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Out of contract this year I think? and would surely be on a few Melbourne clubs radar.

Would really suit Carlton, North and Essendon. With all the money thrown at all the superstars in their team it could be possible that Port would struggle to get anywhere near the offer North or Carlton could throw at him.

Would be worth around $800k per year at least.

Does seem like the loyal type but money does talk

Out of contract this year I think? and would surely be on a few Melbourne clubs radar.

Would really suit Carlton, North and Essendon. With all the money thrown at all the superstars in their team it could be possible that Port would struggle to get anywhere near the offer North or Carlton could throw at him.

Very little chance
But would be dees

He does seem pretty loyal but if someone was to offer him 1 million a year for 5 years, that might pry him out if Port can only come up with $700k per year off the back of the big guns they have

Maybe... probably not the year for it though for North I'd imagine. I think we're committed to this draft. Free agent would be an entirely different story.

Maybe... probably not the year for it though for North I'd imagine. I think we're committed to this draft. Free agent would be an entirely different story.

Yeah good call on North going to the draft, some really good talent this year and you should have a top 6 pick

Yeah good call on North going to the draft, some really good talent this year and you should have a top 6 pick

I reckon we've got top three plus a shot at some F/S and Academy picks... can't see us moving too many on. We'll know by the end of trade week if we've got approval from Blakey and Scott depending on whether we offload for picks.

Carlton would be a good fit. Port will be aging next year and potentially on the slide, but probably more likely to be on slide in 2020 (not even finals). Wines should get out and go to a side that might be on the up. I think Carlton will be on the up 2020 onwards. Wines will be 25 by then and should try and align himself with an improving list. Give himself the best opportunity to play out his career in a team challenging for a flag.

Carlton would be a good fit. Port will be aging next year and potentially on the slide, but probably more likely to be on slide in 2020 (not even finals). Wines should get out and go to a side that might be on the up. I think Carlton will be on the up 2020 onwards. Wines will be 25 by then and should try and align himself with an improving list. Give himself the best opportunity to play out his career in a team challenging for a flag.
Port are going for a flag.

Carlton have Petrovski-Seton, Cripps, Dow and Curnow. They wouldn't splash cash on a midfielder they don't need. Wines is loyal, extremely likely to stay. Essendon and Saints would be most keen.

Matera is superior #3

two clubs have approahed him but he knocked them back an will sign on for 3 years at about 750 grand..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OLLIE Wines thought he would spend two years at Port Adelaide and then bolt back to Victoria.
“To look back on that now and see how far I’ve come, how much I’ve fallen in love with the club, not just me but also my family, and to make it to 100 games, four-and-a-half years in, already going to be contracted for six years, it’s something I never thought would happen.”
And now the powerful, bullocking midfielder sees himself staying a Power player for life.
“I have fallen in love with the club,’’ said Wines who was selected at pick seven at the 2012 national draft from Bendigo under-18s.
“I don’t really have any ambition to move away. I love Adelaide, I love the club, and I guess you’d have to have a really special reason to go anywhere else.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r/news-story/6921e7a17ab10c2f4761e4e506090c24

Ollie wont be leaving Port ... he is being groomed for next Port Captain.
He and his family love Port Adelaide ..:D

OLLIE Wines thought he would spend two years at Port Adelaide and then bolt back to Victoria.
“To look back on that now and see how far I’ve come, how much I’ve fallen in love with the club, not just me but also my family, and to make it to 100 games, four-and-a-half years in, already going to be contracted for six years, it’s something I never thought would happen.”
And now the powerful, bullocking midfielder sees himself staying a Power player for life.
“I have fallen in love with the club,’’ said Wines who was selected at pick seven at the 2012 national draft from Bendigo under-18s.
“I don’t really have any ambition to move away. I love Adelaide, I love the club, and I guess you’d have to have a really special reason to go anywhere else.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r/news-story/6921e7a17ab10c2f4761e4e506090c24

Stock standard response. Love the club - love the city - love the players.

Wash rinse repeat.

Well you must know... funny how his parents make the trip to Port Adelaide regularly, if they did not like Ollie playing for Port....:thumbsu:
Yeah it has nothing to do with supporting their son - they just love hanging out in Port Adelaide. :drunk:

Let us know when the parents sign a contract extension.

Would be a farewell speech if that was an Adelaide player.

Can't see him leaving Port. Hopefully Essendon chase hard

Yeah it has nothing to do with supporting their son - they just love hanging out in Port Adelaide. :drunk:

Let us know when the parents sign a contract extension.
Just go's to show you know nothing :drunk:... he is also going for a Recreational Pilot licence :D maybe he can fly back to the Riverland ...:p

Just go's to show you know nothing :drunk:... he is also going for a Recreational Pilot licence :D maybe he can fly back to the Riverland ...:p
You put 1 and 1 together and come up with 3.
His mum and Dad watch him play footy + he is getting a pilots licence = port player for life.

Chances are he stays but your reasoning for it is bizarre. You seem like the type of supporter that would send in your $10 pocket money hoping the player might stay after reading your heart felt plea for them to stay.

He is quoted as saying it would take something special for him to leave. A million dollars is pretty special.

His mum and Dad watch him play footy + he is getting a pilots licence = port player for life.

Chances are he stays but your reasoning for it is bizarre. You seem like the type of supporter that would send in your $10 pocket money hoping the player might stay after reading your heart felt plea for them to stay.

He is quoted as saying it would take something special for him to leave. A million dollars is pretty special.
You remind me of someone ... always has to have the last say...

if a club offers silly money to him, he would be crazy not to leave as it really could set him and his family up for life. It would then be how does a club satisfy port..now with a supposed super draft coming up, as much as they would not want to lose wines, they have just recruited rockliff who can play a similar role and if port could get their hands on say J lukoscius at the end of the year.....

He isn't worth a million though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back