Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to add (IMO) or wishful thinking, or are you subtly taking the piss? You have some outlandish views on possible trades. For instance, you'd like Richmond to make a play for JDG and you've acknowledged that his salary would be about $1m to do so, (or was that just so we couldn't get the cap space to fit Lynch in). Then to get it done it'd take your first and a fringe player? WTF! It's all wishful thinking in your hypothetical scenarios, at least say that rather then claiming how it WILL pan out when you actually are clueless in this instance the cluelessness is in regards to your inability to acknowledge your own bias.

Carlton could very well gain Wines and keep the number one pick if Wines choses to play for Carlton.

You clearly have no idea, Do you really believe a player like Ollie Wines would screw his club ?

And yes on your 1st point, You clearly didnt get it

Hope we are into him big time but I reckon this is Hawthorns real target.
He's not a good enough kick of the ball for us to invest so much into a player (I have no doubt he'd cost a premium).

You clearly have no idea, Do you really believe a player like Ollie Wines would screw his club ?
Do you expect a player to help out the club he's leaving at the expense of the club he's joining by refusing to leave unless x deal is offered? If a deal between PAFC and a suitor falls though and Ollie still has another way to get to the club he wants to play with, guarantee he's going to take it.

Do you expect a player to help out the club he's leaving at the expense of the club he's joining by refusing to leave unless x deal is offered? If a deal between PAFC and a suitor falls though and Ollie still has another way to get to the club he wants to play with, guarantee he's going to take it.

Yes , The player in question will want his current club to be fairly compensated - This is actually normal

Yes , The player in question will want his current club to be fairly compensated - This is actually normal
If it's so common, name one instance where a player has intervened in the negotiation process between two clubs and refused to leave unless the club they nominated offers a deal which they deem fair.

If it's so common, name one instance where a player has intervened in the negotiation process between two clubs and refused to leave unless the club they nominated offers a deal which they deem fair.
lol are you for real ??
you really believe a player is going to come out and give his club an ultimatum in the media ?

lol are you for real ??
you really believe a player is going to come out and give his club an ultimatum in the media ?
Yeah bro, I'm for real. Why don't you give a little evidence as to why this is somehow a common practice instead of making s**t up on the internet.

Yeah bro, I'm for real. Why don't you give a little evidence as to why this is somehow a common practice instead of making s**t up on the internet.
OK lets have a look at Jaeger O'Meara - Why didnt he just go to hawks but made them give up #7 , #21, #37 and spend another 2 picks trying to get the lower pick.

Jake Lever - Why did he allow Melbourne to give up 2 1st rounders when out of contract ?
Chris Judd wanted west Coast to be fairly compensated which cost Kennedy, #3 + #20

The list just goes on and on but clearly your not aware of these

But only when it suits you in your hypotheticals. If Wines was leaving a rival and going to Port you'd tell them to suck it up and that that is how it works.

Last edited:
OK lets have a look at Jaeger O'Meara - Why didnt he just go to hawks but made them give up #7 , #21, #37 and spend another 2 picks trying to get the lower pick.
Because Gold Coast didn't agree to the trade.
Jake Lever - Why did he allow Melbourne to give up 2 1st rounders when out of contract ?
Because Jake Lever wasn't involved in the negotiations as he's a player.
Chris Judd wanted west Coast to be fairly compensated which cost Kennedy, #3 + #20
West Coast wanted pick #1, but old pal Juddy didn't refuse to play for Carlton when they wouldn't hand it over.

Man, it's almost like the clubs do the negotiating during the trade period and not the players :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast wanted pick #1, but old pal Juddy didn't refuse to play for Carlton when they wouldn't hand it over.

Man, it's almost like the clubs do the negotiating during the trade period and not the players :rolleyes:
And why didnt they just leave via PSD ?

Because they didnt want to screw their current club and made the new club trade , Was this not my point in the 1st place

Because football clubs don't like to negotiate in bad faith? :think::think::think:

Because they didnt want to screw their current club and made the new club trade , Was this not my point in the 1st place
Yeah, but your point is demonstrably wrong and you should feel bad for posting it on the internet.

But only when it suits you in your hypotheticals. If Wines was leaving a rival and going to Port you'd tell them to suck it up...
Why would i do that ??? Im not a Port supporter

I felt the same way when Beams was leaving Collingwood to go to Brisbane, Even though his father was sick and the Brisbane supporters were screaming to let Beams go cheaply on compassionate grounds i was suggesting sure let him go but fair and equitable trade which was more than just #5 i think from memory

Because football clubs don't like to negotiate in bad faith? :think::think::think:

Yeah, but your point is demonstrably wrong and you should feel bad for posting it on the internet.

Which point was demonstrably wrong ?

I said Players wont screw their old clubs and you replied by saying why should they care about their old club and make their new club pay overs ?
What are you trying to say now ?

And yes on your 1st point, You clearly didnt get it

The list just goes on and on but clearly your not aware of these

I Give Up :huh:

Nothing has suggested he will leave.

We aren't Adelaide bruh :)

Eh, believe it when he actually signs.. like I said the more weeks that go by and towards the backend of the season if a guy hasn't re-signed yet it's a good indicator he's gone.

Eh, believe it when he actually signs.. like I said the more weeks that go by and towards the backend of the season if a guy hasn't re-signed yet it's a good indicator he's gone.
Like Dusty???

Still no signature. If he hasn’t signed in the next week or so like he said he wanted to (for the second time) then you’d have to start getting really nervous as a Port fan.
No, no we don't.

Bigfooty draft and trading board is painful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back