Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's obvious you know nothing about Jane Wines.
She is very happy with Port Adelaide and has said same several times and even comes into the rooms after a game at Adelaide Oval .. LOL

Watch how happy she’ll be in Carlton’s rooms next year when Ollie leaves. She’ll be crying tears of joy compared to the tears of disappointment the night Ollie got drafted.

Watch how happy she’ll be in Carlton’s rooms next year when Ollie leaves. She’ll be crying tears of joy compared to the tears of disappointment the night Ollie got drafted.
Oh you do crap on. Looks like you never listened to her interview on 3AW.
By the way ... this is not Bay13

Oh you do crap on. Looks like you never listened to her interview on 3AW.
By the way ... this is not Bay13
You’re both crapping on. No one on bigfooty has any clue of what wines mums wants for her kid. Unless you can read her mind.

If she did want her kid home there is no chance she’s says it in a radio interview. Like the players they all give the same response - love the club - very happy. Wash rinse repeat.

You’re both crapping on. No one on bigfooty has any clue of what wines mums wants for her kid. Unless you can read her mind.

If she did want her kid home there is no chance she’s says it in a radio interview. Like the players they all give the same response - love the club - very happy. Wash rinse repeat.
What I have seen over the years is mummy wants there little boy home, then he would have been gone years ago.

Mummys rule world people, don't forget that ;)

its fairly moronic to be in here telling us how happy wines mum will be if he moves to a Melbourne club, but to be needlessly spouting that when you’re a crows supporter who has watched player after player walk out and s**t on the club on the way out is a special kind of stupid
Special bunch

I really find it difficult to find the credibility in this thread ........ if You can believe the actual Parties involved.......
1/ Wines was on holidays in the US with other Port players during the trade period and knew nothing of any action.
2/ Wines Management stated categorically that they hadn’t spoken to any other club regarding Wines
3/ Port Adelaide have officially stated he was under contract and a required player and had not been offered to any club.
4/ Carlton stated when asked about Ollie Wines ....” He was never on the Table, we don’t know where that came from “
......... but when the Melbourne media are short of a story.......... make one up !!!

I really find it difficult to find the credibility in this thread ........ if You can believe the actual Parties involved.......
1/ Wines was on holidays in the US with other Port players during the trade period and knew nothing of any action.
2/ Wines Management stated categorically that they hadn’t spoken to any other club regarding Wines
3/ Port Adelaide have officially stated he was under contract and a required player and had not been offered to any club.
4/ Carlton stated when asked about Ollie Wines ....” He was never on the Table, we don’t know where that came from “
......... but when the Melbourne media are short of a story.......... make one up !!!
That sums it up perfectly

What do you want all parties to say?

In an honest world:
-Port: Our captain would like to leave but no-one wanted to overpay us with two first rounders which we believe he is worth. Therefore he is staying.

-Carlton: We want Wines but he isn't worth two first round picks. Also our trading priorities are Papley and Martin at this stage (we committed to them from a long way out). We have no currency left to satisfy Port.

-Wines camp: I want to leave Port and go to Carlton but the clubs couldn't come to an agreement. Captaining Port next year will be fun with all fans and teammates hating on me. (Coincidentally "stepped down" from captaincy one month later).

All 3 parties look like fools and negative consequences for all three over the next few years.

The Wines camp obviously leaked to the media on the second last day of trade period as there was a stalemate in talks/negotiations behind the scenes and hoped that the leak would force Port's hand to lower their demands. Didn't work.

Similar to Essendon supporters insisting that for months that Joe wants to stay and the Harley meeting was just a media beat-up. Or the Gibbs trade request that was "stage-managed" by Carlton before Adelaide decided to let the whole football world know on day one of trade period a few years back. Since the Gibbs debacle, clubs don't like to make trade requests public unless they are confident on getting a deal done.

What do you want all parties to say?

In an honest world:
-Port: Our captain would like to leave but no-one wanted to overpay us with two first rounders which we believe he is worth. Therefore he is staying.

-Carlton: We want Wines but he isn't worth two first round picks. Also our trading priorities are Papley and Martin at this stage (we committed to them from a long way out). We have no currency left to satisfy Port.

-Wines camp: I want to leave Port and go to Carlton but the clubs couldn't come to an agreement. Captaining Port next year will be fun with all fans and teammates hating on me. (Coincidentally "stepped down" from captaincy one month later).

All 3 parties look like fools and negative consequences for all three over the next few years.

The Wines camp obviously leaked to the media on the second last day of trade period as there was a stalemate in talks/negotiations behind the scenes and hoped that the leak would force Port's hand to lower their demands. Didn't work.

Similar to Essendon supporters insisting that for months that Joe wants to stay and the Harley meeting was just a media beat-up. Or the Gibbs trade request that was "stage-managed" by Carlton before Adelaide decided to let the whole football world know on day one of trade period a few years back. Since the Gibbs debacle, clubs don't like to make trade requests public unless they are confident on getting a deal done.
Obviously leaked to media? How would you know the other 2 examples you gave were proven to be right were the wines rumour proven to be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously leaked to media? How would you know the other 2 examples you gave were proven to be right were the wines rumour proven to be wrong.

How was the Wines rumour proven to be wrong? He was ousted from Captaincy (and leadership group I think?) after this played out. He will most likely leave Port either next year or when his contract runs out. Of course things can change before then.

There is a LOT that plays out behind closed doors in AFL circles. Most of these situations lead to nothing but trade opportunities are often explored by both clubs and players, just because no trade eventuates and the parties deny doesn't mean it never happened.

AFL media have their faults but do not make up stories out of thin air before going public. Someone would have leaked the info for this to be reported. Reading between the lines, it would have been Wines and/or Carlton in order to try and force Port's hand at the trade table. The second last day of trade period is not a quiet time when AFL media are fishing for stories because there is already so much going on.

How was the Wines rumour proven to be wrong? He was ousted from Captaincy (and leadership group I think?) after this played out. He will most likely leave Port either next year or when his contract runs out. Of course things can change before then.

There is a LOT that plays out behind closed doors in AFL circles. Most of these situations lead to nothing but trade opportunities are often explored by both clubs and players, just because no trade eventuates and the parties deny doesn't mean it never happened.

AFL media have their faults but do not make up stories out of thin air before going public. Someone would have leaked the info for this to be reported. Reading between the lines, it would have been Wines and/or Carlton in order to try and force Port's hand at the trade table. The second last day of trade period is not a quiet time when AFL media are fishing for stories because there is already so much going on.
Might leave in 3 yrs ok then lol must of been desperate to leave waited until last 2 days to say so? Nah .

And as for the leadership we went back to 1 captain after overwhelming backlash from members and Ollie is still vice captain.

Might leave in 3 yrs ok then lol must of been desperate to leave waited until last 2 days to say so? Nah .

This wouldn't have transpired overnight. Things played out throughout the year including Ollie playing SANFL footy and the handling of his preseason injury. There would have been conversations happening behind closed doors towards the end of the year and then trade period. Reading between the lines, like I said any potential deal was at a stalemate, then as a final act of desperation the media leak was a PR move done to try and force Port's hand on the last few days of trade period. This did not work and Ollie stayed for now.

If you choose to believe the narratives spun by the clubs and player agents to save face after the fact then good on you. If we all believe the clubs and the AFL then Melbourne was fined for "not-tanking" and Essendon was kicked out of finals for "governance failures".

There has been plenty of star players in the past who wanted out but were eventually persuaded to stay IR Wayne Campbell, Ryan O'Keefe.

Reckon if Kinkley goes, Ollie stays, re-commits long-term,it seems to me that he loves Port but had a falling out with Cuddly Ken.

Wines is 100% leaving at years end.

Has told family and friends in Echuca that he will be playing in Melbourne in 2021.

Sad that its come to this for Port. Leaking players everywhere.

Zak Butters getting genuine interest from the bulldogs too.

Bottom 4 for the power

Has told family and friends in Echuca that he will be playing in Melbourne in 2021.

Bottom 4 for the power

what a ******* boring troll you are.

wines is very likely to ask for a trade end of season while still being contracted.

zak butters just extended his rookie contract with port. Saying dogs are interested in Zak is like saying a 16yr old boy is interested in Scarlett johannsen. Not surprising and doesn’t mean s**t.

leaking players everywhere? They pushed wingard out because they didn’t like his approach to training standards.

They didn’t rate Dougal (which I disagree with)

we let Polec go because a desperate to actually land someone north threw millions at him.

leaking players Lol. I would tell you to take it to the bay but they would laugh at how weak your troll game is, which is how I guess you ended up here.

at least at the end of the year you north fans can add wines to the long list of 100% certain to join north but then didn’t because “insert conspiracy theory”.

Bottom 4 for the power
I’m sure Butters would be getting interest, heaps of it. but he is contracted (just re signed)

Duursma and Rozee would be getting heaps of interest also.

Clearly something going on with Wines after trying to walk out last year.

Never thought I would say this but warming to Ollie moving on if it can get us a pick to land thilthorpe.
Basically the lowest finishing Vic team. Probably really want Essendon to do a Melbourne, because they’d cough up an early first in a second for a quality, big bodied, inside mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back