Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah so basically 1 first ? it's not happening Ollie has said multiple times recently he is happy were he is and it shows. But for arguments sake if it did 2 first nothing going back would be the price.

Your first round pick probably blows out into the 20s after FA compo and academy. I can’t see us having a pick any higher than 12-14 next season.

You wouldn’t get two firsts on their own if he wanted out, which would be the only reason why he’d get traded.

Your first round pick probably blows out into the 20s after FA compo and academy. I can’t see us having a pick any higher than 12-14 next season.

You wouldn’t get two firsts on their own if he wanted out, which would be the only reason why he’d get traded.
Ports first pick this year will be a 2nd rounder we get from Fremantle.

Last edited:
That’s laughable

Right o, well similar trades would disagree. I see a potential Wines trade to be somewhat similar to Dion Prestia to Richmond. He was pick 6 and a swap of second rounders.

Or if you look at Lachie Neale, who is a better player than Wines, he (when you calculate all of the later pick swapping) went for the equivalent of pick 3. So pick 7 with a late pick coming back to us, I don't think it's that crazy.

Right o, well similar trades would disagree. I see a potential Wines trade to be somewhat similar to Dion Prestia to Richmond. He was pick 6 and a swap of second rounders.

Or if you look at Lachie Neale, who is a better player than Wines, he (when you calculate all of the later pick swapping) went for the equivalent of pick 3. So pick 7 with a late pick coming back to us, I don't think it's that crazy.

Yeah but with the NGA picks and likely compensation picks handed out for Crouch and Daniher, your pick 7 will likely end up pick 10 or higher

Wonder IF Wines asked to go what he would be worth trade wise? Hes playing some brilliant football after having a injury free run at it.
Would be at the top of his value right now

A top 3 pick and nothing less. He was a shell of himself the last couple of years, but he's back to being a top 10 player in the game and incredibly underrated. In terms of players, I'd give up anybody on our list for him, outside of Taranto or Greene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically, no matter what they say you’re gonna hear what you wanna hear. Fair enough.

Leon Cameron on Zac Williams 3 weeks ago:

“I think our club is in a good position, I mean we’re having some really good dialogue with Zac,” Cameron told SEN’s Whateley.

“We have loved every minute since he has arrived and he’s a much valued player and we are confident he is going to be a Giant for life.

“We understand there is going to be some speculation until that is done, but it’s nothing new that we sort of deal with every year.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08...cameron-comments-on-zac-williams-free-agency/

Eerily similar right?

Until you see the player themselves come out and say it (like with Papley) then you can take comments like the above as almost a guarantee the player has one foot out the door.

Leon Cameron on Zac Williams 3 weeks ago:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08...cameron-comments-on-zac-williams-free-agency/

Eerily similar right?

Until you see the player themselves come out and say it (like with Papley) then you can take comments like the above as almost a guarantee the player has one foot out the door.
Ollie literally said the same thing as CD the other day. I think the only way he leaves is if a club throws a monster contract (Like $1mill a year) at him which is unlikely at this stage.

Ollie came out and said it last week, which you'd know if you'd bothered to actually read the thread before commenting on it.

That is a huge contract length. Will be tied to the club 'til he's 32. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here for him

it's a 4 year extension on top of his remaining 2 years. because we no longer have to structure his deal to make sure he's in the top % to meet RFA in his final year they're free to structure it however they want. Port has been paying the min and has cap to spare. We could pay him through the roof right now and pay him well under when we need to pay others. the biggest danger is if someone asks to go home after you've already paid the bulk of their contract, and I think that's a low risk and one worth taking.

6 more years for a bloke with bad shoulders. Did Ned Guy get a gig at Port?

He's got 158 games to his name at the age of 26 after having a shoulder injury because he injured it wake boarding. He's pretty durable.

going into 2021 there will be 3 players who have noticed up more games played at Essendon.

hooker - 201, Heppell - 172 and Hurley - 193, zaharakis - 217 and those blokes are 32, 30,28 and 30.

you've been banging on about Ollies shoulder for ages for * knows what reason. The bloke was excellent this year and there's no more reason to be concerned about his body than any other player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back