Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cause we want someone that can come in and be a high level contributor to our best 22 straight away.
Pick 5 and 9 are good for 2021-onwards (which I would still do, but I'm not Dodoro).

If Ollie Wines was within grasping and Port would take the picks, I imagine Dodoro couldn't say yes quickly enough.

Has been eyeing Wines for years.

I dont think Sydney will offer 5 and 9 and i dont think Port will take 5 and 25 for Wines.

I dont think Sydney will offer 5 and 9 and i dont think Port will take 5 and 25 for Wines.
Sydney Give: pick 5, pick 9
Sydney Get: pick 29, Daniher

Port give: Wines, pick 29
Port Get: Pick 5, Pick 9

Essendon give: Daniher
Essenon get: Wines

Some other minor pick swaps required perhaps, but the crux of it being that.

In fairness though I doubt Wines goes anywhere.

Surely you'd shop him to North, one would think. Even if it was just to raise the price.

Wines needs a new manager!
Surely. I think that this is at the very least misreported in some way, at the most completely made up. Wines seems very invested in Port Power.

From ports end getting 2 top ten picks and giving back pick 29 would be acceptable. Disappointing considering what wines could have done at port over his career but if his hearts not here then we can take those picks and try to make something from this draft.

If Ollie wants out there’ll be a stack of suitors in Victoria.
"HE REMAINS A REQUIRED PLAYER"
Port Adelaide has released a statement in response to reports that co-captain Ollie Wines' camp approached Carlton regarding a potential trade, stating that: "At no stage has Ollie requested a trade from our club. Equally, at no stage has Port Adelaide contemplated trading Ollie to any other club and he remains a required player."

Port Adelaide has released a statement in response to reports that co-captain Ollie Wines' camp approached Carlton regarding a potential trade, stating that: "At no stage has Ollie requested a trade from our club. Equally, at no stage has Port Adelaide contemplated trading Ollie to any other club and he remains a required player."

Lol, typical footy club statement. Sounds like us on Daniher.

Why do Sydney this favour?

Sydney Get: Daniher

Port give: Wines

Done.

Lol, typical footy club statement. Sounds like us on Daniher.
Player Managers are causing problems, when there were none in the first place.
How else are they going to get a pay rise for themselves, if they don't shop their players around, and make up crap doing it...geez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No the aren't. Ollie is fit, and hasn't publicly wanted out.

...nor is he a free agent next year.

In fact, contracted until the end of 2022.*

*Just realised this was already stated in the tread title...:drunk:

Doesn't mean his manager hasn't been talking to Carlton

Carlton have finally got their s**t together and player managers see us as a potential destination club. Not to the level of your Hawthorns and Geelongs, but slowly making inroads. Would love him on our list.
I would put it more down to Ollie's granddad having played for Carlton and Ollie being a supporter before he came to us.

2 days left cant see a trade happening if he wants out.

If (for whatever reason) Papley deal looks shaky over next 24 hrs - I would imagine that Carlton might be more able to satisfy Port - starting with this year's pick#9. Stranger things have happened.

I'm surprised Essendon isn't all over this Dodoro has been long time fan of him.

I reckon he would be a great fit for either Club - something strange has happened for this 'fake news' to break. May be as simple as his management seeing Carlton miss out on Coniglio and looking to see if Wines is an option - it may well be that his interest in moving was declared after Carlton had already committed to Papley and Martin - both Sydney and Suns are publicly posing 'tough' on the trades though - so will be interesting to see what happens.

Even though i doubt it happens because i don't think we can satisfy what Port are/would be asking i would be cancelling ALL Papley talk if we are a serious chance of getting Ollie.

I would happily give #9 and next years future first for him which could be anything from 3 -13 or about that range. There was rumors months ago Kochie got him offside after the water skiing incident and than he was made to wait in the 2nds when fully fit for weeks.

Usually where there is smoke there is fire and this breaking news did not surprise me when i heard it today at work. Even though most are doubting the speculation when asked about it publicly from both camps regarding Port and Ollies management i have no doubt it is being spoken about behind closed doors.

Would be a massive get for us IF it happens but i doubt it does as Ports asking price will be way to high and overly inflated but at the end of the day do you really want a player at your club that wants out and has reportedly had issues with Kochie who is running the club at just about every level.

Last edited:
Even though i doubt it happens because i don't think we can satisfy what Port are/would be asking i would be cancelling ALL Papley talk if we are a serious chance of getting Ollie.

I would happily give #9 and next years future first for him which could be anything from 3 -13 or about that range. There was rumors months ago Kochie got him offside after the water skiing incident and than he was made to wait in the 2nds when fully fit for weeks.

Usually where there is smoke there is fire and this breaking news did not surprise me when i heard it today at work. Even though most are doubting the speculation when asked about it publicly from both camps regarding Port and Ollies management i have no doubt it is being spoken about behind closed doors.

Would be a massive get for us IF it happens but i doubt it does as Ports asking price will be way to high and overly inflated but at the end of the day do you really want a player at your club that wants out and has reportedly had issues with Kochie who is running the club at just about every level.

Want him. But 2 firsts? No way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back