Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't mean his manager hasn't been talking to Carlton

You have to laugh at these statements. They always deny everything except the actual story that’s being reported, and in doing so simply confirm to anybody with half a brain that it’s true.

All clubs do it, incl mine, as do companies in all walks. It’s PR 101 by brainless “communications” hacks (failed journalists) that businesses have now.

Think Carlton would be the best fit for Wines. Would be a great get for Carlton to add an inside midfielder in their prime to help Cripps out.

Can't see them having enough ammo this year if the Papley and Martin deals go through. I think it's far too late to pull out of those deals to try and focus on Wines. If they had have known earlier it'd be interesting to see what their priority would be out of Wines and Papley.

You'd think his value would be, at the very least, similar to what Shiel was traded for and Carlton won't have near enough.
We knew last week(Tuesday).

Sydney Give: pick 5, pick 9
Sydney Get: pick 29, Daniher

Port give: Wines, pick 29
Port Get: Pick 5, Pick 9

Essendon give: Daniher
Essenon get: Wines

Some other minor pick swaps required perhaps, but the crux of it being that.

In fairness though I doubt Wines goes anywhere.

I dont think Sydney would give 2 top 10s and Port wont trade Wines anyway imo.

Carlton have finally got their s**t together and player managers see us as a potential destination club.
Player managers see you as a potential payday for themselves (and by extension their clients) because Carlton is willing to splash the cash to get players in for quick improvement. So the managers approach the clubs seeking offers to present to players.

The same applies with St Kilda as well at the moment.

Not to the level of your Hawthorns and Geelongs, but slowly making inroads.
Those clubs attract players through success, not money. So players ask for their managers to get them there, even if for less money.

Player managers see you as a potential payday for themselves (and by extension their clients) because Carlton is willing to splash the cash to get players in for quick improvement. So the managers approach the clubs seeking offers to present to players.

The same applies with St Kilda as well at the moment.

Those clubs attract players through success, not money. So players ask for their managers to get them there, even if for less money.
Whatever the reason may be Wines has nominated Carlton, the question you should really be addressing is why does he want to exit his club!

Whatever the reason may be Wines has nominated Carlton, the question you should really be addressing is why does he want to exit his club!

Because he's a crybaby who's upset that supporters haven't embraced the club breaking 149 years of tradition by making him a co-captain a month after he injured himself in a water skiing accident during preseason, and then came back and played like s**t all year as a result. Was happy to sign a 4 year contract extension on huge money last year but now wants out after it all got a bit too hard for him.

I genuinely want this trade to happen. Piss off Ollie.

Because he's a crybaby who's upset that supporters haven't embraced the club breaking 149 years of tradition by making him a co-captain a month after he injured himself in a water skiing accident during preseason, and then came back and played like s**t all year as a result. Was happy to sign a 4 year contract extension on huge money last year but now wants out after it all got a bit too hard for him.

Further to this, he has publicly stated the only time he though about leaving was when there was talk about Hinkley going.

He probably sees the righting on the wall and knows Hinkley is gone end of next year.

I second that. Would even chuck Carlton a first rounder just to get the flog off our list

Slight problem with that, he's approached Carlton, not Essendon.
You don't need another player that doesn't want to be there.

Going bu the HS article Carlton and Essendon were approached by Ollies management. Dodoro was asked about it this morning on sen and he basically danced around the question by saying I'll have to check my notes haha

edit - If Wines was realistic chance of leaving I would have offered Fantasia+2020 1st

Going bu the HS article Carlton and Essendon were approached by Ollies management. Dodoro was asked about it this morning on sen and he basically danced around the question by saying I'll have to check my notes haha

edit - If Wines was realistic chance of leaving I would have offered Fantasia+2020 1st
Wines indeed went and shopped himself around behind Ports back, rumour is he cant handle the heat and wanted to bail good luck to who ever gets him. IMO most Port fans want him out and will be absolutely gutted if he remains co-captain in 2020

Can pick him up next draft Fantasia and 2020 first round for Wines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday, instead of posturing and saying give us your best player Sydney ( which he knew they would never give him), Adrian should've run into the Port room and done just that.

Imagine how much better Essendon would be with Wines. And you still would've had pick 9 and maybe squeezed another 2nd or 3rd out of Sydney as well.

Yesterday, instead of posturing and saying give us your best player Sydney ( which he knew they would never give him), Adrian should've run into the Port room and done just that.

Imagine how much better Essendon would be with Wines. And you still would've had pick 9 and maybe squeezed another 2nd or 3rd out of Sydney as well.
You have seen wines kick before? Next trade period we will give you wines, 2020 first round and a future 1st for Dusty?

Well it depends was Wines gettable when Fantasia was requesting a trade? because if he was Dodoro would have been all over it.

Considering that Wines now seems gettable I have no doubt that Dodoro will be gunning for him especially if Fantasia asks for a trade again. Dodoro been a long time fan and was trying to get him as a part of the Ryder trade

Last edited:
Dons need an inside bull, Tigers dont but sure someone like Wines walks into most teams, would be a decent replacement for Cotchin tho. And correct contracts mean s**t these days player managers have 98% of the pull.

I reckon he'll nominate Carlton officially next year.

Ollie and his management approaching Carlton without Port knowing was very unusual.
He spoke to Dons and Pies dont be so sure who ever gives big juicey deals and lives in Vic has a chance at getting him. My number 1 destination would be Dees hes best mates with Viney they were like twin brothers growing up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back