Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniher to Swans for pick 4

Pick 4 for Wines?

That will be pick 5 after the inevitable gcs compo pick.

I’m not keen on swapping wines for basically the same pick we drafted him for after developing him and he’s contracted.

If you got more for Daniher then maybe something could work

That will be pick 5 after the inevitable gcs compo pick.

I’m not keen on swapping wines for basically the same pick we drafted him for after developing him and he’s contracted.

If you got more for Daniher then maybe something could work

Pick 4+Sydneys 2020 first (if the Swans do that) then on trade both picks for Wines.

Funny how everyone now thinks that these B rate A graders or A minuses if you will, are now worth 2 top picks at every trade. People comparing deals to ones like Weller & Gibbs ect even now after we see how many players just are not worth these kinds of picks.

If Milton goes to Sydney you will have currency.
The guts of a trade could be :
Carlton pick 7~8(Adelaide) to Sydney for Papley.
Pick 7~8 to Essendon for Milton.
Pick 7~8 to Port for Wines.
There would obviously need to be add on’s, but there is a starting point to work from.

Who is the Milton you keep referring to? Is it J Danniher? Because yeah he would definitely bring trade currency to Bombers if Dodoro is involved in trading him to Swans. Would probably net 2 first rounders despite recent injury issues.
Then Bombers could easily chase Wines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton pick 8 & 2020 2nd rounder for Wines? And take on all his salary.
Of course you'd be taking on his salary. You don't think port will give up their captain for cheap and still pay a portion of his salary ?

Doubt Port do that deal, trading out Wines for pick 8 and a future second hardly makes port a better side. If you want port to give him up it needs to be a deal far to good to refuse.

Laverde is worth nothing

He's contracted and is worth something.

Prolly around a 4-6 rounder if someone wants to give him a chance.

He's not getting delisted so if someone wants him, they will have to pay something.

Funny how everyone now thinks that these B rate A graders or A minuses if you will, are now worth 2 top picks at every trade. People comparing deals to ones like Weller & Gibbs ect even now after we see how many players just are not worth these kinds of picks.

Ah the old B grade A grader, slightly better than the C grade A grader, and noticeably better than the A grade B grader. Quality drops off when we talk about the B grade B grader.

I would think all Carlton can afford to give is either 8 and 2020 second or 2020 first and a second this year (I think it's 33 for us this year).
Papley and Martin have to be the priority.
If that doesn't come off we still need a small forward or 2, and a maybe a small defender and will need a couple of picks for them.
I think a first and a second would be just as acceptable as 2 firsts with a second coming back.
Not sure why everyone thinks they deserve a first rounder for pretty much every player ,- Wines has been a very good player but is coming off 2 crappy years so not sure why the price is so high.
I understand contract status and potentialneed considering, but form and a club's happiness to trade are bigger factors in my book and sounds like PA is happy to trade and his form doesn't warrant a premium.
Something needs to swing back Carlton's way if they pay all the $$ and take all the risk on an injured and out of form player.
Any who just gonna have to wait and see.
Gonna be a slow burn this potential trade.

Ah the old B grade A grader, slightly better than the C grade A grader, and noticeably better than the A grade B grader. Quality drops off when we talk about the B grade B grader.
Don't forget for each grade there is also a 'spin', which is to say whether the player's spontaneous gradation change factor is waxing or waning.

For example a young A grade B grader such as Brad Crouch has positive spin, whereas Hugh Greenwood has negative. It's all there in black and white and no part of this is subjective bs that's irrelevant to winning flags.

Not sure why everyone thinks they deserve a first rounder for pretty much every player ,- Wines has been a very good player but is coming off 2 crappy years so not sure why the price is so high.

Why teams think they deserve a first rounder for good players you ask?

Well here are all your first round picks drafted in past 10ish years on or after the pick you will have this year (9 I think you have?)

Stocker - 19
O’Brien - 10
Cunningham - 23
Boekhorst - 19
McKay - 10
curnow - 12
Cripps - 13
Menzel - 11
Bootmas - 22
Watson - 18
Kane Lucas- 11

Sam Rowe, Tom temay, viojo-rainbow, Zac fisher and Tom dekoning as second rounders in that time that you seem to think should help satisfy port.

Very very few of your draft picks rate well against what Wines has produced. None of those second rounders comes close.

If that doesn’t explain to you why very good players cost multiple picks then you cannot be reasoned with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back