Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

There have been rumours for the last 3 years that Carlton were into Wines. We apparently have other targets now, but I'd still have a long look at Wines if he did want out.
Are inside mids what you really need though? Would've thought you guys would benefit more from some outside run & speed. Jack Martin or Brad Hill would fill more of a need for you guys I reckon.

Are inside mids what you really need though? Would've thought you guys would benefit more from some outside run & speed. Jack Martin or Brad Hill would fill more of a need for you guys I reckon.

No doubt. There are rumours about Brad Crouch as well and I'd rather Wines in that situation.

Our inside mids are Cripps, Kennedy, Silvagni, Curnow, Dow and SPS to an extent. Walsh has also been in there.

I prefer Kennedy up forward, SPS in defence and Walsh inside out. Silvagni is a utility. Fisher, Murphy, Walsh, O'Brien as outside run.

I would be fine with Cripps and Wines inside and the likes of Curnow tagging and gradually being faded out.

No doubt. There are rumours about Brad Crouch as well and I'd rather Wines in that situation.

Our inside mids are Cripps, Kennedy, Silvagni, Curnow, Dow and SPS to an extent. Walsh has also been in there.

I prefer Kennedy up forward, SPS in defence and Walsh inside out. Silvagni is a utility. Fisher, Murphy, Walsh, O'Brien as outside run.

I would be fine with Cripps and Wines inside and the likes of Curnow tagging and gradually being faded out.

I think in time Stocker will be Cripps partner in crime in the guts ...

2 or 3 years ago i would have been gutted to hear this...
But im fine with it.
Turning 25 so coming into his prime, contracted on good coin for 3 more years.
Port would want a decent return on him.
Id rather keep SPP on MUCH less $$
Ryder all but gone and if wines goes saves a chunk of cash also.
Luko in GC hasnt signed back up............. could throw money his way.
If in some 3 way deal lands us Luko for wines id take it in a heart beat

On his own and just for picks I'd say we would be want to 2 x firsts I guess.

Don't really want to see him go as he is also a ripping bloke as well.

If we finished with a pick 8 then easily trade that pick out plus mcmillan for wines, easy decision but he is contracted hmmmmm for a further 2 years. Does fit our club's need.......i.e. inside mid with good pace.

On his own and just for picks I'd say we would be want to 2 x firsts I guess.

Don't really want to see him go as he is also a ripping bloke as well.
Jack Martin + Brisbane first round?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gut feel is Wines and Port may have fallen out of love and be happy to separate.
Trouble is the contract, can’t see another club paying what Port might feel they’d have to ask.
Nobody is paying 2 x 1st rounders.
Port showed shrewd list management re the Chad so the potential to do so again is there but Wines being captain with a long term contract is difficult ... probably too difficult.
Wines stays i reckon.

Rumour he wanted to come to port last year
Really? Because he was almost traded to Essendon last year. The offer was made, Martin agreed to the trade and Gold Coast balked. I'm guessing that too many senior players had left already.

Probably a good thing for Essendon. They needed that first rounder for Shiel.

Really? Because he was almost traded to Essendon last year. The offer was made, Martin agreed to the trade and Gold Coast balked. I'm guessing that too many senior players had left already.

Probably a good thing for Essendon. They needed that first rounder for Shiel.
Yea, no idea what if any talks came from it.

Gut feel is Wines and Port may have fallen out of love and be happy to separate.
Trouble is the contract, can’t see another club paying what Port might feel they’d have to ask.
Nobody is paying 2 x 1st rounders.
Port showed shrewd list management re the Chad so the potential to do so again is there but Wines being captain with a long term contract is difficult ... probably too difficult.
Wines stays i reckon.
Absolute rubbish.

He's not on a contract anyone else wouldn't have offered.

If Carlton gets 2 first in better drafts for Gibbs Wines is easily worth 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back