Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

what a ******* boring troll you are.

wines is very likely to ask for a trade end of season while still being contracted.

zak butters just extended his rookie contract with port. Saying dogs are interested in Zak is like saying a 16yr old boy is interested in Scarlett johannsen. Not surprising and doesn’t mean s**t.

leaking players everywhere? They pushed wingard out because they didn’t like his approach to training standards.

They didn’t rate Dougal (which I disagree with)

we let Polec go because a desperate to actually land someone north threw millions at him.

leaking players Lol. I would tell you to take it to the bay but they would laugh at how weak your troll game is, which is how I guess you ended up here.

at least at the end of the year you north fans can add wines to the long list of 100% certain to join north but then didn’t because “insert conspiracy theory”.

Chad Wingard
Jared Polec
Jasper Pittard
Jackson Trengove
Brendon Ah Chee
Dougal Howard
Paddy Ryder
Jarman Impey
Aaron Young
Logan Austin
Jack Hombsch
Billy Frampton

All in the last three trade periods.

Keep your head in the sand though mate.

At the end of the this year North will add another 15 goal win over Port, as i'm expecting most teams will in season 2020.

Basically the lowest finishing Vic team. Probably really want Essendon to do a Melbourne, because they’d cough up an early first in a second for a quality, big bodied, inside mid.
If he does end up leaving then yeah that would be ideal for the bombers to stunk it up this year for that reason.

Hopefully this is not the case, but I guess we all get the entire year to speculate before the trade period.

Chad Wingard
Jared Polec
Jasper Pittard
Jackson Trengove
Brendon Ah Chee
Dougal Howard
Paddy Ryder
Jarman Impey
Aaron Young
Logan Austin
Jack Hombsch
Billy Frampton

At the end of the this year North will add another 15 goal win over Port, as i'm expecting most teams will in season 2020.

how will we ever live with ourselves knowing we let Frampton Austin young ah Chee a 31yr old Ryder and Trengove go?

that’s not exactly a who’s who of players that have switched clubs recently is it?

and you do realise that the club shipped those players out because they didn’t want them yeah?

as I said your troll game is weak and I’m laughing at you.

how will we ever live with ourselves knowing we let Frampton Austin young ah Chee a 31yr old Ryder and Trengove go?

that’s not exactly a who’s who of players that have switched clubs recently is it?

and you do realise that the club shipped those players out because they didn’t want them yeah?

as I said your troll game is weak and I’m laughing at you.

Get your laughs in now because there will be plenty coming your way when the round 1 teams are released in March.

Majority of the players i mentioned walk into your best 22 for 2020.

Chad Wingard
Jared Polec
Jasper Pittard
Jackson Trengove
Brendon Ah Chee
Dougal Howard
Paddy Ryder
Jarman Impey
Aaron Young
Logan Austin
Jack Hombsch
Billy Frampton

You sound like a salty kid. Lets talk about the big names your clubs landed in the last 10 years:

Quicker than i thought. If you like banter take it to the SFA mate. Actually consider this war im on my way to the NoRf page now...

Well im back turns out noone supports NoRf these days. Is that why you are here? Need a real team to support?

Wingard
Polec
Pittard
Impey
Howard
Ryder
Trengove

except that pittard Ryder Trengove and Howard were not first 22 players when they left (Although I and many think Howard should have been)

impey was around the mark of our first 22 and maybe could be considered although calling his 16d a game a ‘walk up start’ is a bit of a stretch.

so you’ve got wingard and Polec. Impey if being generous.

Fail.

Chad Wingard
Jared Polec
Jasper Pittard
Jackson Trengove
Brendon Ah Chee
Dougal Howard
Paddy Ryder
Jarman Impey
Aaron Young
Logan Austin
Jack Hombsch
Billy Frampton

You're really grasping at straws here.

Chad Wingard
Jared Polec
Jasper Pittard
Jackson Trengove
Brendon Ah Chee
Dougal Howard
Paddy Ryder
Jarman Impey
Aaron Young
Logan Austin
Jack Hombsch
Billy Frampton

If you know much about Port, you'll know that most of those players were not important to the team anymore. Not a convincing list.

Wingard - Unwanted due to attitude
Polec - Got a decent trade and he was hardly going to say no to the W A R C H E S T
Pittard - They tried to get rid of him previously as far as I remember
Trengove - Fringe
Ah Chee - Fringe
Howard - Yep, this is a bad loss. No denying that.
Ryder - Old, and Lycett took over as the #1 ruck, with Ladhams, Hayes, and others capable of playing ruck still on the list
Impey - Another bad loss that can't be denied.
Young - Fringe. Traded to Gold Coast.
Austin - Fringe. Has he even debuted for StK yet?
Hombsch - Fringe. Traded to Gold Coast.
Frampton - Not sure why they got rid of him other than perhaps their abundance of tall players.

Wingard
Polec
Pittard
Impey
Howard
Ryder
Trengove

the only walk up starts would be Wingard (but he was replaced by Rozee) & Howard …

Ryder was replaced by Ladhams a younger player
Polec was replaced by Duursma a better player
Impey was replaced by Garner (or Huston) take your pick
Pittard was replaced by Burton a much better player
Trengove was replaced by Clurey a younger player

Another reason for the trading of players is because of the large number of father sons & academy players coming into the side over the next 7 years (2020 - 2027) adding to Mead & Trent Burgoyne...
for the record we could have more Burgoyne's coming in definitely 2 maybe 4,
a couple of Francou's (x2)
a Schofield,
a couple of Wilsons (x2),
a Tredrea,
a Rodan
a Wanganeen
a Monty
just to name a few

as for academy players coming we are starting with Jones

the only walk up starts would be Wingard (but he was replaced by Rozee) & Howard …

Ryder was replaced by Ladhams a younger player
Polec was replaced by Duursma a better player
Impey was replaced by Garner (or Huston) take your pick
Pittard was replaced by Burton a much better player
Trengove was replaced by Clurey a younger player

Another reason for the trading of players is because of the large number of father sons & academy players coming into the side over the next 7 years (2020 - 2027) adding to Mead & Trent Burgoyne...
for the record we could have more Burgoyne's coming in definitely 2 maybe 4,
a couple of Francou's (x2)
a Schofield,
a couple of Wilsons (x2),
a Tredrea,
a Rodan
a Wanganeen
a Monty
just to name a few

as for academy players coming we are starting with Jones

Sorry, your saying Duursma is a better player than Polec?

Wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would take Duursma on his rookie deal and potential over Polec and his WARCHEST deal, but can see why the Roos did it. When Polec decides to play he is very good.

Would take Duursma on his rookie deal and potential over Polec and his WARCHEST deal, but can see why the Roos did it. When Polec decides to play he is very good.
If Port hadn't overpaid for the likes of Motlop, Dixon, Watts and Rockliff, they could have paid Polec what he was worth and had both players... Duursma has looked okay but he ain't in Polec's class.

If Port hadn't overpaid for the likes of Motlop, Dixon, Watts and Rockliff, they could have paid Polec what he was worth and had both players... Duursma has looked okay but he ain't in Polec's class.

Okay here comes the ex-crow now gws supporter who shits over every port thread.

we didn’t overpay watts Motlop etc. they didn’t remotely get overpaid compared to the market for them.

There could be valid arguments that they haven’t been worth recruiting but they aren’t on substantial contracts, ports salary cap isn’t close to full, and we could have easily signed Polecs contract if we wanted to match the insane price north paid for him.

Duursma has also been more than “okay”

But of course this is all assuming you’re here to make rational arguments and can see logic, and we’ve seen in the past that you are not.

I mean why have you even brought half this s**t up in this thread? Motlop etc isn’t remotely relevant to the already off topic discussion that spewed from hbflankers ridiculous assertion that guys like Trengove young ah chee austin etc are all 1st 22 players we’ve lost in the last 3 years (which is wrong on so many levels)

Last edited:
Duursma (1 season) vs Polec (9 seasons).

Anyone taking Polec has rocks in their head, or is a North supporter clinging to the only talent their club is able to attract.

We can’t prove that yet, but I reckon Duursma will be a better, albeit different, player.
I would agree with you but as you said very hard to prove that and compare.

For North he was a good fit, I didn't want to see him go and would rather he stayed as he is a good player when he's on.

But that's how things are sometimes, the club needed to trade out some senior talent to get the pucks for that draft.

Let's see how things go in a few years I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back