Rumour Ollie Wines - will he go or will he stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbie Gray was the best player in the league in 2014 and got 14 brownlow votes, you can't hang your hat on them being good measures for quality performances.
No, i just threw that in there to help the argument but my own personal opinion is that Ollie played his best footy in 2017 and most of 2018 before regressing.

Tredders says he will carry it all
Year sigh

deleted eh, did he give the public too much information straight barrel? too transparent for the club?

Great. Post a clip with audio of you saying that to Ollie in the carpark or somewhere else unsupervised. Emphasize he is a sook. Look forward to it.

I'd bet well over $100 that Ollie's reaction would be something along the lines of "you're entitled to your opinion", and probably just walking away.

Just because he's big doesn't make him some violent thug, he comes across as a very good bloke.

I'd bet well over $100 that Ollie's reaction would be something along the lines of "you're entitled to your opinion", and probably just walking away.

Just because he's big doesn't make him some violent thug, he comes across as a very good bloke.

Who is a sook.

Career highlights
Round 1, 2013 - Melbourne v Port Adelaide
Round 13 2013 - Port Adelaide v Colingwood
Elimination Final 2013 - Collingwood v Port Adelaide
Round 1, 2014 - Carlton v Port Adelaide
Semi Final 2014 - Fremantle v Port Adelaide

We played Sydney in Round 13, 2013, and in the elimination final Ollie had 18 disposals, 4 marks and 3 tackles.

Forgive me if I am not convinced.

Wow 9 games in 4 years , Gary ablett Jr look out , you're crown is in deputy

EVERY player only gets 10 career highlights, and I omitted the 2013 one. I do love an attempt at sarcasm though.

But it just shouldn't be a shock to anybody that doing this sort of activity, less than a month before training as an elite athlete, can cause the following: "dislocated his shoulder in a fairly routine contest"

So you weren't trying to imply that there was any causation between the waterskiing and the dislocation? Now, remember you actually used the word cause...

You are probably right about the weight training. All ballet classes are out though.

I didn't say that. I just think far fewer AFL players are insecure tough guys than you might imagine.

A grown mature adult turning to violence over someone else's opinion is a very rare thing.

Completely agree. I just wanted to see footage of what it looks like for someone to walk up to Ollie and call him a sook. Not so much for Ollie's reaction which I suspect would be more amused than violent. Fully acknowledge it wasn't you who called him that.

So you weren't trying to imply that there was any causation between the waterskiing and the dislocation? Now, remember you actually used the word cause...

I used cause in the context of "can cause".

Look, there is certainly a chance that it's unrelated. There is also a chance the whole thing is a massive cover up and he did the shoulder on the water entirely.

The reality is it's somewhere in the middle, but doing that sort of activity so close to training contributes to the likelihood of injury. Some people are saying he was on the water Australia Day and training 2 days later? If that's true it's nuts. And it's made worse by Ollie specifically saying after the injury last time that he wouldn't get out on the water so close to pre-season.

Completely agree. I just wanted to see footage of what it looks like for someone to walk up to Ollie and call him a sook. Not so much for Ollie's reaction which I suspect would be more amused than violent. Fully acknowledge it wasn't you who called him that.

Fair enough, then I misinterpreted your post. Agree that Ollie would be pretty amused.

We played Sydney in Round 13, 2013, and in the elimination final Ollie had 18 disposals, 4 marks and 3 tackles.

Forgive me if I am not convinced.

EVERY player only gets 10 career highlights, and I omitted the 2013 one. I do love an attempt at sarcasm though.

You are probably right about the weight training. All ballet classes are out though.

My appologies, i was talking about the round 14 game he came on as sub and got 26 touches, 15 contested and a goal.

Robbie Gray was the best player in the league in 2014 and got 14 brownlow votes, you can't hang your hat on them being good measures for quality performances.

No but they are some indication at least.

Ollie has been a good player for us every year except for last year when he was mediocre at best. The biggest issue with Ollie is that he has only improved incrementally since 2013.

No but they are some indication at least.

Ollie has been a good player for us every year except for last year when he was mediocre at best. The biggest issue with Ollie is that he has only improved incrementally since 2013.

Ollie biggest issue is that comp moved passed him and of course his awful skills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the way some people are jumping to defend his honour like a damsel in distress. Ollie is 100% certain to be a much better bloke all round than a out of shape old grumpy b'stard like me.
But doesn't stop him from being the worst captain in the history of a 150yr old club.

I love the way some people are jumping to defend his honour like a damsel in distress. Ollie is 100% certain to be a much better bloke all round than a out of shape old grumpy b'stard like me.
But doesn't stop him from being the worst captain in the history of a 150yr old club.
Lame comment.
One year as captain, injured throughout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back