Rumour Ollie Wines - will he go or will he stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Ollie didn’t give much reassurance that he will be Port for life. When asked
If he would like to return/ play in Echuca his reply was ‘as long as I want to play AFL I will have to playin a capital city. He will be gone for sure.

Well, Brisbane received a 1st and a future 1st for a 29yo injury-prone, baggage-laden, Dayne Beams.

So... Wines & our 2nd for Carlton’s 2nd?

Young Ollie didn’t give much reassurance that he will be Port for life. When asked
If he would like to return/ play in Echuca his reply was ‘as long as I want to play AFL I will have to playin a capital city. He will be gone for sure.

Say what you want a about wines , the boy knows his geography

Wines to the Canberra Crocodiles confirmed

Yep listening to him tonight I'd be shocked if he was here in 2021. The only thing that might keep him here is no-one elde fancies him on that contract as well as handing over a first rounder.

A couple of 2021 draft picks? 1st round and likely inside 25 as a minimum. I’m not keen on holding him here if that response was as it reads. I’m sure he’ll play to the best of his ability this year but that’s just not the response of a mature responsible member of the club’s leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol we will come out and demand a top 10 pick for wines then end up trading him and a third rounder for pick 12.
After his last couple of years effort and injuries that's all he's worth. Good work again Port of waiting until all value is sucked out of a player before trading. Otherwise known as been Lobbeing them.

After his last couple of years effort and injuries that's all he's worth. Good work again Port of waiting until all value is sucked out of a player before trading. Otherwise known as been Lobbeing them.

You are so young that is not how we roll.

What we would do is we would swap our round 1 Pick 6 For Pick 9 and to "upgrade" pick 28 and 29 to picks 23 and 32 in 2 seasons time.

Bookmark it

Ollie Wines can g&gf

Edit: those picks are with wines thrown in. And we pay 1/4 of his salary

Like the Wingard trade a player may be involved. Looking at the footage of ollie returning to adelaide a couple of days ago at the airport. He wasn't wearing any port clothing no cap no top. He would have known he would have been stopped for an interview maybe I'm nitpicking but wouldn't surprise if Chris Davies is working on deal already.

Ollie will leave to sort out his personal life. I doubt there is animosity toward the club, but he probably feels he needs to be closer to his family. I’m fine with that as long as we get Hateley plus change in return.
A strong on-field year from Ollie when he returns from injury is important to us for more than one reason.

I hope in time people stop viewing Ollie as a bad guy in all of this.

Well we can rule out Geelong and the Gold Coast at least?

Well, Brisbane received a 1st and a future 1st for a 29yo injury-prone, baggage-laden, Dayne Beams.

So... Wines & our 2nd for Carlton’s 2nd?

Bold of you to assume our second will be below Carlton's 2nd

Ollie will leave to sort out his personal life. I doubt there is animosity toward the club, but he probably feels he needs to be closer to his family. I’m fine with that as long as we get Hateley plus change in return.
A strong on-field year from Ollie when he returns from injury is important to us for more than one reason.

I hope in time people stop viewing Ollie as a bad guy in all of this.
He has brought it upon himself when he met with Teague before last year's trade period.

He has brought it upon himself when he met with Teague before last year's trade period.
If that’s true I wouldn’t play him again. We won’t lose anything bY not playing him. Cant recall a player going backwards as quickly as this bloke.

Looked like a superstar and has regressed to a list clogger

Like the Wingard trade a player may be involved. Looking at the footage of ollie returning to adelaide a couple of days ago at the airport. He wasn't wearing any port clothing no cap no top. He would have known he would have been stopped for an interview maybe I'm nitpicking but wouldn't surprise if Chris Davies is working on deal already.
Thought the same how has it gone so wrong? His first yr was as good as any I've seen can't work it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back