Rumour Ollie Wines - will he go or will he stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie will leave to sort out his personal life. I doubt there is animosity toward the club, but he probably feels he needs to be closer to his family. I’m fine with that as long as we get Hateley plus change in return.
A strong on-field year from Ollie when he returns from injury is important to us for more than one reason.

I hope in time people stop viewing Ollie as a bad guy in all of this.

Yeah, you definitely get the feeling there is a lot more going on than just footy.

I think the heat is copping is way over the top. The horse hasn’t even bolted yet either.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ollie will leave to sort out his personal life. I doubt there is animosity toward the club, but he probably feels he needs to be closer to his family. I’m fine with that as long as we get Hateley plus change in return.
A strong on-field year from Ollie when he returns from injury is important to us for more than one reason.

I hope in time people stop viewing Ollie as a bad guy in all of this.

No one ever said Ollie is the bad guy.

But to sign a new contract, get made captain, mess up your shoulder wake-boarding, have a piss poor 2019 season, and then get your manager to underhandedly suss out being traded to VIC while still being captain is not good enough.

Port fans are right to be a bit edgy over what's happened with Ollie.

But to sign a new contract, get made captain, mess up your shoulder wake-boarding, have a piss poor 2019 season, and then get your manager to underhandedly suss out being traded to VIC while still being captain is not good enough.

Yep, while I acknowledge that there are probably further issues at play here. I just can't get past the fact that he basically played his best 4/5 games before he signed the contract and that form hasn't been seen since.

That's an effort/committment/attitude situation.

I do genuinely hope he is going OK on the personal side, but as a supporter it's just hard to look past the performance evidence.

I like him and hope he gets the best out of himself here for himself and the club.

If not, is there a chance he gets to Melbourne?

& then to go wakeboarding again right before 2020 pre-season, and then get injured again in that pre-season in an "unrelated" incident"...

You are right. None of that is good enough, but in particular, signing a new contract and being made co-captain. Both outcomes are soooo substandard and I think on those two acts alone he should have been traded.

Even conceding he had a 'piss poor' 2019. To say that is not good enough. Please point me to some players who have had major shoulder surgery and a broken ankle who have not had below-average seasons. You know someone who could have shown him how to do it right...

& then to go wakeboarding again right before 2020 pre-season, and then get injured again in that pre-season in an "unrelated" incident"...

So what are you suggesting really happened? Everyone at that training session has been bribed to say Wines was injured in a training drill in a massive coverup? Or that Wines did his other shoulder wakeboarding, covered it up, then wheeled himself out to training and pulled off a superb acting job to fake dislocating his other shoulder in a training mishap? This would likely involve other players being involved to cover it up as well. Or Wines dislocated his shoulder wakeboarding and walked around for several days keeping the injury to himself before faking the injury at training. Or Wines dislocated his shoulder just a little bit wakeboarding and then finished the job at training?

This is like those conspiracy theorists who insist Apollo 11 didn't land on the moon, desperately seeking evidence so they can continue to push their point of view. Only to blithely ignore the evidence that supports the Occam's razor conclusion. He dislocated his shoulder at training.

https://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/how-to-see-all-six-apollo-moon-landing-sites/

So what are you suggesting really happened? Everyone at that training session has been bribed to say Wines was injured in a training drill in a massive coverup? Or that Wines did his other shoulder wakeboarding, covered it up, then wheeled himself out to training and pulled off a superb acting job to fake dislocating his other shoulder in a training mishap? This would likely involve other players being involved to cover it up as well. Or Wines dislocated his shoulder wakeboarding and walked around for several days keeping the injury to himself before faking the injury at training. Or Wines dislocated his shoulder just a little bit wakeboarding and then finished the job at training?

This is like those conspiracy theorists who insist Apollo 11 didn't land on the moon, desperately seeking evidence so they can continue to push their point of view. Only to blithely ignore the evidence that supports the Occam's razor conclusion. He dislocated his shoulder at training.

https://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/how-to-see-all-six-apollo-moon-landing-sites/

My theory is he secretly dislocated it on the moon. The real cover up isn't that we didn't go to the moon but that the liberal elites actually go to the moon many times a year and even have moon houses out at Lake Craterseven where they discuss their nefarious plans.

My theory is he secretly dislocated it on the moon. The real cover up isn't that we didn't go to the moon but that the liberal elites actually go to the moon many times a year and even have moon houses out at Lake Craterseven where they discuss their nefarious plans.

Well if Wines is going to * up Wakeboarding in 2019, he might as well go all the way this year and do it piloting himself to the moon and wakeboarding. No point in applying half measures.

I do admit the whole Wines saga is becoming untenable. I just don't believe he is to blame for all the events that have occurred. To have a player of Wines age amassing so many shoulder injuries is a big concern. Having him unavailable to play his best football while he is on a highly paid contest is also a big concern.

Wines' market value at season end should be at least a first rounder. If we somehow get Hately from GWS as well during the trade period Wines' departure could again set us up very nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every similar player to wines has gone for 2 first round picks with a second going back, or a very high first rounder and high second rounder.

the only problem is if wines struggles to come back from this injury and stay on the park.

we’re in the box seat for hately right now anyway.
Apparently he loves nicks

I think best he does not play at all. Some club will get seduced on the dozen or so match winning games he played early in his career. Then there is about another dozen or so good games. After that we don't want to remind destination clubs on his bullish efforts resulting in horrible turnovers or his opponent getting 3 brownlow votes. Watching Bontempelli torch him last year 1-on-1 in wet showed me the gap on him being an elite midfielder...

I sincerely hope his personal issues get resolved. But he has take some responsibility for his past indiscretions and accept some backlash from supporters who once saw the future of a premiership in him!

I think I also like the idea of getting another first rounder or two into our team out of that draft. Hately then push pretty hard for one of the boys from good coast the year after. Build for the future around 4 or 5 first rounders from 1 year is a solid long term strategy.

hately is another case of this board obsessing over a player almost entirely because he’s south australian. he’s fine but no need to go nuts over him

I agree he doesn’t show star potential, more solid good level role player but I still think he’s worth targeting, especially as he’s at a great age to fit in with our group and unless we’re certain Patmore is going to make it I think there’s room for a tall accumulating midfielder who can go forward with guys like Drew Houston rozee duursma butters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back