Rumour Ollie Wines - will he go or will he stay?

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd make a business decision fck off you are dropped.
This is the wines that we never ever see anymore. Because of his shot shoulders.
0cHW9uz.gif

The player from 2013-2014 is still in there. He took a hit from two players simultaneously to hit up Ebert with a nice kick about 40m out. It's just a shame that we only see rare flashes when it really should be his standard.

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is the wines that we never ever see anymore. Because of his shot shoulders.
View attachment 920120
That was his first AFL game.

The fact that it's definitely in the top 5 (probably top 3) most memorable moments of his whole career is pretty telling. Not necessarily his fault, but as has been mentioned, his career seems to have peaked in his first couple of years.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I consider Supercoach points as a decent way to compare players.
He did well last night in that regard.

Do we really want to keep repelling our top draft picks as they reach their prime age?

View attachment 924010
If that becomes his standard performance the discussion goes away but we've been here before.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
If that becomes his standard performance the discussion goes away but we've been here before.
This 💯

His best is very, very good. His worst is not even amateur league worthy. The fluctuation in performances between his best and worst has consistently been the most frustrating thing about Ollie.

I would much rather a player who will consistently deliver a bunch of 7-8/10 performances with a dip to a 5 once a year than a player who can give you a 10 but whom is just as likely to deliver a 2 on any given gameday.

Best game in a long time. More of that Ollie.
He dominated in Rd 23 game v Freo last year when it didn't mean much as it was last game of the minor round and Bulldogs won earlier in the day to go to 12 wins and beating Freo saw us end up on 11 wins.

Back