Rumour Ollie Wines - will he go or will he stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t care that he injured himself water skiing, I want to get rid of him cause he is an average player with below average skills on a salary of an elite player with elite skills.

He adds absolutely zero to our team. He’s a big body mid, when that all your described as ya ain’t got much.

He’s been found out in terms of pace and skills, the 2 things you need for today’s game.

Fair call on the kicking skills, he’s a shocker I’ll agree. The panic kicks almost make me wince more than the missed shots for goal in crucial moments of the game - but I think it’s unfair to say he adds zero to the team. I have no concrete proof of his salary. I’m okay with a trade but the pile on is bullshit. I agree with the comment that our supporters sound like the jilted ex, except we’re not only the jilted ex we’re the ex that nagged and whinged and complained the whole time we were together. Play the ball not the man.

Yeah, because me and my mates on Big Footy were all talking in a chat room on a Saturday night, so it’s totally happening
you should really try following the post chain before making yourself look like an idiot

C4[2]Yo`DooR did Port give Wines payments that he wasn't contractually entitiled to while he was injured last year?

I don’t think so. He would have still received his base contact with no match payments for games he didn’t play?

Oh please. Edited for accuracy.

"Because until season's end last year when he was as loyal to the club as any Port Player has been he’s a divisive character within the football department who tried to jump ship last year after getting pissed off with the continual overreaction to his one fu**up in 7 years and then had his manager embarrass the club unsubstantiated unless proven by publicly leaking approaches to other club in order to force Port's hand using tactics similar to so many other players before him.

It didn’t work and that’s why they stripped him of the captaincy and made him Vice Captain.

They also want his salary and ASA money to use elsewhere on the plethora of other star players who are breaking their neck to get to Port Adelaide possibly, The club is so desperate to have his salary and ASA money they didn't trade him this year as they could have, netting us a pick that would have landed us with one of several players in the draft we would have given our left nut for."

But hey I'm convinced. Piss him off. He is happy, we are happy because we have a gaggle of players who aren't near retirement who have demonstrated they are ready to take his place. Get early draft picks so we can get more babies to the club in the weakest compromised draft in a long time, or use said picks to attract all those players breaking their neck to get here including Lukoscious who has just signed a contract extension with the Suns.

I respect C4's inside knowledge as much as anyone. But if you can't see that this post is biased I've got a bridge I would like to sell you.

I didn’t intend for it to come across as a biased post. With all Port related mail that I get - I call it how I see it and try to relay the message as accurate as possible.

I don’t have a dog in this fight so there is no hidden agenda from me, other than to be the messenger.

The AFL.

Were never going to allow GC to lose any of Luko, King or Rankine this year.

The cost involved in developing a player. The goodwill a club shows in doing everything it can to make you feel at home. Luko is Ebert at West Coast he’s probably thinking he owes them 100 games then looks at his options.
You would have to absolutely hate S Dew and everything about the club to walk out after one season. People like Stuart.

I don’t think so. He would have still received his base contact with no match payments for games he didn’t play?

I didn’t intend for it to come across as a biased post. With all Port related mail that I get - I call it how I see it and try to relay the message as accurately as possible.

I don’t have a dog in this fight so there is no hidden agenda from me, other than to be the messenger.

I do understand and appreciate that. I didn't intend disrespect. I am just sickened by the villagers on here who are intent on hunting him down like a pack. Prior to the backlash over a single *up, he was one of the most loyal interstate players we have drafted considering the bullshit he gets from all angles including his father. Its not coincidence that he MAY have considered leaving in the reaction from pretty much everyone to his single *up.

Whether it was the source or how it was written, IMO it was not balanced or fair. I can only call it as I saw it.

I do understand and appreciate that. I didn't intend disrespect. I am just sickened by the villagers on here who are intent on hunting him down like a pack. Prior to the backlash over a single fu**up, he was one of the most loyal interstate players we have drafted considering the bullshit he gets from all angles including his father. Its not coincidence that he MAY have considered leaving in the reaction from pretty much everyone to his single fu**up.

Whether it was the source or how it was written, IMO it was not balanced or fair. I can only call it as I saw it.

Hunting him down like a pack? I am angry at Wines because he is not offering the effort, maturity or professionalism I expect from our highest paid player and former part captain. So because others share the same view, we are a pack? You want his short comings protected for some reason and for everyone to give him a break. I am not prepared to do give it to him on the face of his current attitude. No bullshit argument that he is some sort of football superstar is going to change my mind. The only way to gain respect is to earn it and he doesn't, at this point, look prepared to do that.

Hunting him down like a pack? I am angry at Wines because he is not offering the effort, maturity or professionalism I expect from our highest paid player and former part captain. So because others share the same view, we are a pack? You want his short comings protected for some reason and for everyone to give him a break. I am not prepared to do give it to him on the face of his current attitude. No bullshit argument that he is some sort of football superstar is going to change my mind. The only way to gain respect is to earn it and he doesn't, at this point, look prepared to do that.

Right. You refer to his effort, maturity, professionalism and maturity as a FORMER part captain. So since being stepped down from co-captain to vice-captain, tell me how he has not met any of your expected standards?

I have at no point argued that he is any kind of bullshit football superstar. He is most certainly not the immature, unprofessional lazy cad you are making him out to be.

Yeah, when the majority of the posts are off-topic and condemning his approach to football, if not to life, then yeah IMO that is a pack mentality.

The other thing about Wines is the opportunity cost of his salary and trade value.

Say Wines wants to be traded, and is traded at the end of the year. Say his salary directly pays for free agent Jeremy Cameron.

Draft picks go for something like Hately and Harrison Petty.

Say all Cameron, Hately and Petty all come with a good attitude, little baggage and team first mentality.

The list is suddenly incredibly attractive for a new coach.

Wines is really the embodiment of the failure of the club over the last five years.

I reckon next year the club will be fresh and exciting (and good) with or without Wines but it's time for him to stamp himself and stop being a sook.
lol Jeremy Cameron coming to Port. What planet are you on?

The only thing Smithy7 doesn't need a link for.

Right. You refer to his effort, maturity, professionalism and maturity as a FORMER part captain. So since being stepped down from co-captain to vice-captain, tell me how he has not met any of your expected standards?

I have at no point argued that he is any kind of bullshit football superstar. He is most certainly not the immature, unprofessional lazy cad you are making him out to be.

Yeah, when the majority of the posts are off-topic and condemning his approach to football, if not to life, then yeah IMO that is a pack mentality.

You've been qouting stats to support him being a superstar through this whole thread, blah blah youngest of 15 on the list of some stat blah blah. To say your argument is not that he is a great footballer now is a backflip.

His professionalism and maturity is on show with his trolling of Port supporters and members with the wakeboarding Insta's.

How is it off-topic to condemn his approach to football?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.... the majority of the posts are off-topic and condemning his approach to football ....
Ollie is employed by the PAFC as a professional footballer. How can his approach to football, in particular his lack of professionalism, possibly be off-topic? :think:

You've been qouting stats to support him being a superstar through this whole thread, blah blah youngest of 15 on the list of some stat blah blah. To say your argument is not that he is a great footballer now is a backflip.

His professionalism and maturity is on show with his trolling of Port supporters and members with the wakeboarding Insta's.

How is it off-topic to condemn his approach to football?

I've been trying to present a more balanced view of his value to the club, his ability as a footballer and provide my view on why the club has chosen to pay him such a high salary. Show me one post where I have claimed he was a superstar or even close.

I think he will go. I hope he goes. I hope he is appreciated wherever he goes. Whatever his shortcomings are, he doesn't deserve this.

Last edited:
Ollie Wines - Will he go or will he stay?
He'll go because due to his lack of professionalism and a preference for being paid a high salary without being fully committed he'll find the Blue Baggers a much more attractive workplace.

lol Jeremy Cameron coming to Port. What planet are you on?

The only thing Smithy7 doesn't need a link for.
That's correct LOL
Jeremy Cameron will not be coming to Port or Adelaide.
He is great friends with one of my cousins & his son. He told them if he ever leaves it will be to a certain Melbourne Club, which he named. And I wont say which one here.

That's correct LOL
Jeremy Cameron will not be coming to Port or Adelaide.
He is great friends with one of my cousins & his son. He told them if he ever leaves it will be to a certain Melbourne Club, which he named. And I wont say which one here.
Got a link?

Eh, it's the wrong time of year for this. The season hasnt even started so there's still a s**t tonne to play out.

Footys an emotional game/life for these guys too, if things change this year (e.g. performance, coach etc) then so too can attitudes on whether to stay or go. Just look at what happened with Fantasia after all.

I don't doubt C4's current info, but its hardly locked in stone at this time of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back