Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

you either sign early and be happy where you are...

or you resist - rock the boat, unsettle the team, be a media nuisance, cause pressure and untold stress amongst the team and fan base..

after that point whether you leave or stay the damage is already done.

you either sign early and be happy where you are...

or you resist - rock the boat, unsettle the team, be a media nuisance, cause pressure and untold stress amongst the team and fan base..

after that point whether you leave or stay the damage is already done.
Dusty disagrees.

didn't he have baggage nobody else would take on?

tigers knew interest was luke warm so low balled him and just waited.
Last year?

Really?

Interest was luke warm? Tigers waited?

Did you miss the North offer? The media speculation? Balme going to NZ to see his Dad?

EDIT: And not a FA but Josh Kelly? Didn't sign on till late in the season?

Last edited:
Today's Captain day comments must scare the Port fans.
' as an interstate player there is always a pull to come home my family now live in Melbourne and I would love to spend more time with them'

Then went to the now cliche ' I am comfortable with how things are going'

' as an interstate player there is always a pull to come home my family now live in Melbourne and I would love to spend more time with them'

I thought he was loyal but those comments seem like he is probably gone

Yes look at all the Port fans stressing out in this thread

There’s only one group of fans who think that Ollie is going anywhere, and that’s because they’ve become accustomed to knowing that one of their own players in the same situation would be out the door quicker than you could say ‘we don’t have a culture problem’.

Yes look at all the Port fans stressing out in this thread

There’s only one group of fans who think that Ollie is going anywhere, and that’s because they’ve become accustomed to knowing that one of their own players in the same situation would be out the door quicker than you could say ‘we don’t have a culture problem’.
Trengone

Lol we’re blaming culture for blokes falling out of the best 22 and leaving for more opportunity now, are we?

We give your mob s**t because the likes of Dangerfield, Lever, Cameron, Gunston, Davis and Tippett leaving at a time when they were absolute walk-up starts. The best you’ve got is the equivalent of giving Adelaide s**t for ‘losing’ Tony Armstrong.

Lol we’re blaming culture for blokes falling out of the best 22 and leaving for more opportunity now, are we?

We give your mob s**t because the likes of Dangerfield, Lever, Cameron, Gunston, Davis and Tippett leaving at a time when they were absolute walk-up starts. The best you’ve got is the equivalent of giving Adelaide s**t for ‘losing’ Tony Armstrong.
'Falling'

Pushed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's probably a good chance of staying but those comments today would surley would have some Port fans a little worried.

'Falling'

Pushed

Yes, pushed out by better players.

In defence he was behind Jonas, Clurey, Hombsch and Howard. In ruck he was behind Ryder. Up forward he was behind Dixon, Westhoff, Watts and Marshall. So he left to find a club where he’d get a game every week. And you wouldn’t find a Port fan who doesn’t understand the position he was in and wish him all the best at his new club, unlike Crows fans who are happy to proudly declare that they hope Jake Lever does his ACL.

Imagine if Port had players of that calibre so other clubs could actually be interested

All I heard was ‘it will happen in due course’. Confident that he’ll be at Port next year

Imagine if Port had players of that calibre so other clubs could actually be interested

Yes that’s what it is.

The denial that comes from your mob when it comes to the player retention issue is staggering. Long may it continue. You can’t address a problem until you acknowledge that it exists.

Syncronized-Dance-Walk-In-The-Smooth-70s.gif

Subbed. :)

no it doesn't

2 x first rounders ..

keep dreaming ...

(and hope slone doesn't go)

no it doesn't

realized that a younger Howard would be taking his - the position that Trengove plays (in defence, up forward and in ruck)

imagine if the cows can keep players
There's this really neat thing called a multi-quote function where you can get all these quotes and answer it in one post. The way it works is that you click the little "+" next to the reply button, and it will be added. You should try it some time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back