Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure posting that makes anyone at your club look as smart as you think

Everyone knew lever was gone from very very early on in the season. If you can’t tell the difference between Ollie and lever you have very poor judgement
Every knows everything until it doesn't happen then everyone still knew anyway, you're kidding your self if you think you know what's going to happen.

Every knows everything until it doesn't happen then everyone still knew anyway, you're kidding your self if you think you know what's going to happen.

?? What are you on about?

General consensus is wines will stick around. General consensus is wines will captain our club one day. General consensus is port will play finals football. Port will pay wines.

Coach comes out and says he isn’t at all concerned wines is going

Wines comes out and tells fans he isn’t leaving

Port fans have every reason to believe it.

I’m not sure why he is being compared to dissimilar players.

It’s not impossible he leaves, but it does look unlikely.

?? What are you on about?

General consensus is wines will stick around. General consensus is wines will captain our club one day. General consensus is port will play finals football. Port will pay wines.

Coach comes out and says he isn’t at all concerned wines is going

Wines comes out and tells fans he isn’t leaving

Port fans have every reason to believe it.

I’m not sure why he is being compared to dissimilar players.

It’s not impossible he leaves, but it does look unlikely.
This middle statement isnt supported by the rest of your post. Could you also post the link where Ollie says this. I have heard he is comfortable etc but I cant say I have heard or read ' I am staying nothing to worry about''

Can see Carlton making a big play for him. We'd have a heap of room in our salary cap and potentially have the draft picks to accommodate Port.

Port also apparently has cap room.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-poised-for-player-raid-20180214-p4z0cu.html
The Power are understood to be among the top four clubs in the AFL for space in the salary cap, based on the AFL estimates for 2018 player payments.
<snip>
The Power have created space in their total player payments in 2018 and, based on the amount available, would have the scope to bring in a player of Rockliff’s ilk.

I wasn't there, but I think Koch basically supported this thinking post game on the weekend (Ie that the club had room in its cap - as well as a pretty reasonable draft pick position).

Well. You can blame our incredible record of keeping players and and history of honesty from our club and players for our optimism them.

579546-shaun-burgoyne.jpg

totd-dew-news.jpg

53f4f47c166f89a07c9df5085adbbd98

996db2b3c1e21aca8a61fc42632abdf4

130210_goo1.jpg

329479-troy-chaplin.jpg

8096056-3x2-940x627.jpg

giphy.gif

Apparently the club didnt want to keep them , therefore the statement is correct.

Yeah we didn't want to keep Ryder, Carlisle, Monfries, Wanganeen, Hardwick, Blumfield, Caracella, Solomon, Heffernan, Johnson, Richards, McPhee, Bradley, Houli, Melksham, Hibberd, Crameri...

Eat a foot long all, Essendon's retention is DA BEST!!

1. Won a premiership, wanted a new challenge.
2. Retired after 200+ games at port. Came back to play for his old coach Clarkson coached him at centrals before he was drafted then coached him as an assistant at port
3. Nick Stevens ? What like 15 odd years ago lol
4. Tom Harley. Close to 15 years ago we had an established backline.
5. Who is that ? Guerra? Fringe player left like 10ish years ago?
6. Chaplin. Left as a free agent. Meh player.
7. Impey. Loved the club and Hinkley. Dad passed away and wanted to go home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ you couldn’t have proved our point any better with that post. You know you’re reaching hard when you’re trying to come up with examples of players leaving Port and you end up including a bloke who was traded twenty years ago after playing one game for the club. And then you go and make it even worse by including Guerra, who the club voluntarily delisted.

Aside from Impey who wanted to go back home because his Dad had died and he wanted to be closer to family, the last player we’ve lost but genuinely wanted to keep was Shaun Burgoyne. That was in 2009.

2. Retired after 200+ games at port. Came back to play for his old coach Clarkson coached him at centrals before he was drafted then coached him as an assistant at port

So what you're saying is, every player that wanted to leave had a reason for wanting to leave.

Glad we cleared that up.

Fact.
Shaun Burgoyne left because he wasnt considered for the captaincy and the club gave it to dom cassisi instead. He was clearly their best player at the time and said * you im going to hawthorn.

Fact.
Shaun Burgoyne left because he wasnt considered for the captaincy and the club gave it to dom cassisi instead. He was clearly their best player at the time and said **** you im going to hawthorn.

Lol

That’s the best you’ve got?

Ten years ago a premiership winning player left us without saying a bad word about the club

Glass houses

Jesus Christ you couldn’t have proved our point any better with that post. You know you’re reaching hard when you’re trying to come up with examples of players leaving Port and you end up including a bloke who was traded twenty years ago after playing one game for the club. And then you go and make it even worse by including Guerra, who the club voluntarily delisted.

Aside from Impey who wanted to go back home because his Dad had died and he wanted to be closer to family, the last player we’ve lost but genuinely wanted to keep was Shaun Burgoyne. That was in 2009.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/0237d7d44191e64137e69afad692da91

You actually wanted to keep Chaplin as mentioned in the article above

He'd be silly to leave, great things come from being a one club player with Port and potentially their Captain... They have a good balanced list right now. Ollie wants success, I cant see him taking the cash at a woeful Vic club.

and i think the captaincy will come sooner rather than later. already leads from the front

Remove this Banner Ad

Back