Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

Grug_

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's no secret that Ollie Wines is one of the form midfielders of the competition and will likely be captain of Port Adelaide next year. This pleases Grug_ as Wines oozes leadership.

Where does he rate amongst present midfielders? I have him behind Danger, Martin, Ablett and Mitchell as the best (Fyfe probably in when he strings a few good games in). The knock on Wines is he doesn't have the weapons as those listed above but he is a beast around the contest and covers the ground well considering his style looks as though it's weighed down from the salt of Crows' fans GF tears.

What's everyone's thoughts?

It seems like every year he starts like a house on fire and dominates for a month, before just dropping off and having a good, not great year. Hopefully for him that changes though, his start to the year has been great.

It's no secret that Ollie Wines is one of the form midfielders of the competition and will likely be captain of Port Adelaide next year. This pleases Grug_ as Wines oozes leadership.

Where does he rate amongst present midfielders? I have him behind Danger, Martin, Ablett and Mitchell as the best (Fyfe probably in when he strings a few good games in). The knock on Wines is he doesn't have the weapons as those listed above but he is a beast around the contest and covers the ground well considering his style looks as though it's weighed down from the salt of Crows' fans GF tears.

What's everyone's thoughts?
He is a very good mid. But since you brought it up his salty tears were on national television after the EF last year.

• Banned
It seems like every year he starts like a house on fire and dominates for a month, before just dropping off and having a good, not great year. Hopefully for him that changes though, his start to the year has been great.
Grug_ agrees with this summary. Ollie does seem to fade in and out of seasons and his challenge in 2018 will be to maintain this consistency

Ollie or the OP?

Don’t try and be a clown by getting the first post in and trying to get everyone to like it for being a smart arse.
Maybe but are we going to start a thread on the main board about every port adelaide player?,just so their precious fans can feel bigfooty is appreciating them enough?

Edit as for wines he be in that 20 odd range of mids in the league .
needs to maintain form over entire year and impact the scoreboard more if he wants to rival the big boys of the afl top mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good player. Had a good year too racked up 17 Brownlow votes or so. Hell kick on from here.

Don’t try and be a clown by getting the first post in and trying to get everyone to like it for being a smart arse.
Stop being such a douche

Well said. It's a pity that the MainBoard feels like communist Russia sometimes the way posters try to prevent speech and discussion. You really can tell the obvious posters who care far too much about their like ratios

Says the guy who opens his own thread by trolling other supporters.
There's no troll, just Grug_s sense of humour. Lighten up and don't take yourself too seriously. If that comment in any way offended you Grug_ is sorry. I also mocked Wines' running style (despite him being a Port player) so there's clearly no anti-Crow agenda here.

There's no troll, just Grug_s sense of humour. Lighten up and don't take yourself too seriously. If that comment in any way offended you Grug_ is sorry. I also mocked Wines' running style (despite him being a Port player) so there's clearly no anti-Crow agenda here.

I'm not offended. I just think if you want to have a legitimate discussion it's best not to start out a thread by trolling other supporters.

Also making a thread so you can gush over one of your own players is considered bad form on the main board. If a supporter from any other club than Port Adelaide started an Ollie Wines thread it would probably go a lot better.

I'm not offended. I just think if you want to have a legitimate discussion it's best not to start out a thread by trolling other supporters.

Also making a thread so you can gush over one of your own players is considered bad form on the main board. If a supporter from any other club than Port Adelaide started an Ollie Wines thread it would probably go a lot better.
I’ll agree with this.

Thread topic is good but unfortunately can be taken as a bit of a troll or not seriously because of the Crows comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back