NYMets

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2001
a windy hill by the sea
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mets & ManUtd Giggsyrulz
Michael O'Loughlin says you have seen far from his best in his first 150 games and he can improve ....in his words..100%!
:eek: :eek: I agree he can improve...I was expecting great things last year...he did have shoulder problems...but 100% is a scary prospect. IS he being uncharacteristically modest or is this a prudent assessment?

There is no doubt O'Loughlin needs more consistency. However 2 or 3 years ago he was an All Australian and rated in the top 20 in the League. Last year he was down in form and he certainly needs an improvement from that effort. I think this year he also has more of an opportunity to improve. Now that Hall and Plugger are in the team there is not that dependancy on him and Goodes to kick goals as there was last year. O'Loughlin should be well suited to more of a role in the middle and going forward when Sydney need him. Moments last week confirmed his talent is endless...it actually scares me a bit to think of how good he could be with a little more consistency, let alone an improvement of 100%. He's just one of those blokes we all love to watch....one of the few TRUE match winners in the game.

I've thought this for a while and said it pre-season. It's good to hear that he is saying it himself. I saw him play as a youngster and there while there are a lot of kids with talent it's rare to see one who is so gifted you feel sure your seeing a future Brownlow medallist.

100% hey!!!
Fairly confident he must be.....that means he will have these stats in his next 150 games:

3,224 kicks
1,430 marks
1,538 handballs
438 goals

I guess its possible...it means he will average 31 posessions, 9 marks and 2.3 goals a game!!!

High possessions mean didly squat in modern football IMHO. Being a port supporter u should understand this! ;)

He has silky smooth skills and is a swan through and through. Last year he was used as a forward, even as a full forward. he used to plead to Eade to play him on the ball.

Should start seeing him weave his magic from this round on..he is a naturally gifted footballer like most aboriginals are!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back