Olympic Basketball Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing Penny Taylor is something like Argentina losing Manu Ginobili but seriously even with her we're still 10-15 point underdogs against the US.

Having said that the US is going a bit small this Olympics it seems. Tina Charles is their biggest at 6'6. But then they have Candace Parker in the front court and a bunch of superstar guards in Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and Sue Bird. I mean our guards are nobodies in comparison.

Rapt for Iggy making the team, but son you've played 2 minutes, you haven't shot the ball but you've managed to pick up 3 fouls.

I'd say lift, but at this point that'd just mean getting back in the game and not fouling out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mills finally turns it on....in a banana skin group match. :thumbsu:

Still, a 60-20 turn around since the 2nd quarter. GB hit a brick wall defensively early in the 3rd. Hitting 3s from everywhere now. BRING ON THE SILVER.

Mills finally turns it on....in a banana skin group match. :thumbsu:

Still, a 60-20 turn around since the 2nd quarter. GB hit a brick wall defensively early in the 3rd. Hitting 3s from everywhere now. BRING ON THE SILVER.
Because of where we finished in the group I think we get to play the USA in the quarters now! No medal for us. :p

Jackson 3 fouls in the first half. Shouldn't make a different, she should be able to sit out the remainder and still see a comfortable win. Cambage should play for the Boomers.

There is something that looks so strange about a Canadian dribbling a basketball.

Women's B'Ball: If we win, Australia has to meet USA in the Semi Finals. If we lose, we're able to meet them in the finals. I back ourselves against Turkey and China in Group A.
That lost to France in overtime, has cost us a silver medal; you have to say. France have finished top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back