Olympic Basketball Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Please explain further? Haha, like I said I've never heard of the guy before these Olympics. Going solely on what I've seen over the last week. I like the cut of his jib as they say. These Olympics have rekindled my interest in basketball so I'm very willing to be educated further... :)
He's a "Ill take the shot contested rather then pass it to an open man" Type guy, New York were having huge problems when the offense ran through him, Once Lin came in they preformed much better

Terrific player, However Lebron is probably one of the more team orientated players and got bashed from the media for not demanding the ball and being the "Go to guy" rather then try to set up less talented team-members contribute

Please explain further? Haha, like I said I've never heard of the guy before these Olympics. Going solely on what I've seen over the last week. I like the cut of his jib as they say. These Olympics have rekindled my interest in basketball so I'm very willing to be educated further... :)
Be sure to tune into the NBA season in October than mate, plenty of fun and information to take in during the season on the Basketball Board! :thumbsu:

as your overlord i encourage you to hang around. dont be afraid to ask "stupid" questions. gotta start somewhere. in fact, some of teh more established posters frequently say ridiculous things.

such things are encouraged and promoted here.

melo seems like a guy who's content to be a star on the team. doesnt have the mongrel IMO to win a title just yet.

Don't ruin it for the guy, let him realise the hard truth in due time... For now, Anthony is a good team player. OK!? :D

yes! the knicks seem like a great team to support! their superstars are team playerso_O , it's a big market teamo_O , i'm sure they're a well run organisation that makes sound front office decisionso_O , with all that i'm sure they've had great success recentlyo_O:eek::D

at least they still exist:(

Thanks for the comments, fellas. Good to know the making of outrageous claims about blokes I know very little about does not go unnoticed. I might just have to give the NBA/Knicks a try if the Bullets aren't readmitted this coming season. :D I have ESPN so it shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks for the comments, fellas. Good to know the making of outrageous claims about blokes I know very little about does not go unnoticed. I might just have to give the NBA/Knicks a try if the Bullets aren't readmitted this coming season. :D I have ESPN so it shouldn't be too hard.

Go for the Lakers, they have K.Bryant.
PS: America hate Lebron James, so many jokes about him not having any rings until this year.

Cmon girls. Its going to take a huge effort without Penny but its possible. Snell and Ohea will need to shoot well, and our bigs need to have a big game. Jackson really, really needs to pull the trigger more often, I know shes always been a team first girl, but unleash her I say. Harrower has a history of being overwhelmed by the US girls height and speed sompared to other countries, dig deep Kristy! :thumbsu:

Great first half. Lead by 4.

Cambage is like a female Shaq, she runs the floor, runs directly at the basket and then turns to receive the ball directly under the hoop. Then it's easy pickings. It's the exact thing Shaq used to do.

You feel the US will turn it on at some point. But were playing well.

19 for Cambage at half time too...

How about that first half from Liz, 19 points and she was unstoppable one on one in close, they tried about four opponents and none worked.

She did look to be a little tired at half time though, so we may have to manage her so she can finish strong. If Jackson can come into the game late we might steal this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a few Cambage to Jackson passes from down low early in the third. This is already a breakout game for Liz. Loads of hype and talent but had a tough first wnba season in a horrible team.

As good as we are playing, USA are still scoring OK..

If Penny Taylor was playing the Opals could have won this IMO.

Would not have been close. I'm on record as saying that when she got hurt. Cost us the gold medal. Still believe when both teams have their strongest squads we're a better team. Hopefully LJ and Taylor both end their careers at the worlds. Get a good point guard to replace Harrower and we're going to win it.

Still a believer.

We fought hard but lost our way in the second half. Few notes...

1. Rio16 if Cambage comes on as a player like you would expect. Jackson is only just 31. Depends how her body holds up. Harrower is 37 and just played so it's not beyond Jackson to go one time. Obviously she wont be the force she has been but will be a very handy player. But if Cambage comes on, she shows in patches she is unstoppable. 4 years in the WNBA will make us primed and ready.

2. We could have won that game if Penny Taylor was available. We really missed that third option on offence after Jackson and Cambage.

3. We also missed Screen's D after she went down with that eye injury.

4. I hate Taurasi. I hated her when she first came onto the scene in the WNBA and I still hate her. She's so cocky. She thinks she is the be all and end all. She is a great player but she's so Lauren Jackson.

4. I hate Taurasi. I hated her when she first came onto the scene in the WNBA and I still hate her. She's so cocky. She thinks she is the be all and end all. She is a great player but she's no Lauren Jackson.

EFA.

Dirty cow. Check her Twitter statement. Says it all really.

I hate with a passion Team USA men's and women's basketball but I'm big into the NBA. Both teams are overtly cocky. Sure, they've won a heap but they're no Roger Federer. Adrian Woj's article proclaiming how good well the men's team were representing their country made me want to be sick. When it's a 15 point game with half a quarter left to play please explain to me how it's in the Olympic spirit to suddenly win by 30+. If anything, their men's and women's teams are on par with their 1994 World Championships squad in regards to humility and respect.

EFA.

I hate with a passion Team USA men's and women's basketball but I'm big into the NBA. Both teams are overtly cocky. Sure, they've won a heap but they're no Roger Federer. Adrian Woj's article proclaiming how good well the men's team were representing their country made me want to be sick. When it's a 15 point game with half a quarter left to play please explain to me how it's in the Olympic spirit to suddenly win by 30+. If anything, their men's and women's teams are on par with their 1994 World Championships squad in regards to humility and respect.
I did mean she is no Lauren Jackson. Cant stand her, I know they are confident but even down 7 when they were struggling to contain Cambage, she was smiling and laughing with her teammates, like no worries, we will easily win and yes they did win but I just SO wanted to win to wipe that ******* smile off her face.

Her WNBA team suck too... 4-15 and have lost 6 straight. Feel sorry for Taylor that she has to play with that bitch.

EFA.

huh? your blaming them for going on with it?

EFA.

Kobe Bryant thinks that the current 'dream team' would beat the 'dream team' of 1992 with Jordan in the side.
Jordan just laughed this off last month.
Bryant then said, that the 92 team is better but we could beat them in a game.

The USA may be thrashing their opponents, but they aren't treating their games seriously. Miami Heat would beat the Dream Team easily, if they played serious. (That's if the Dream Team wasn't taking it seriously as they have been).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back