Olympic Basketball Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kobe is a moron.

Even with Howard, Rose, Wade and whoever else the US team dont have on the roster right now, they still dont get anywhere near The Dream Team. Ewing speaks the truth.

And the original dream team wasn't even at full strength. Can you imagine what they would have been like if MJ hadn't had Isiah kicked off the team???

who would you have left out?
Laettner is the obvious choice. But like for like, at that point in their careers. You would take Isiah over Stockton on pure talent but we all know the reasons why Isiah didnt make the team.

It's a no contest though. Even if the current US team looked like this.

Howard
Durant
LeBron
Kobe
Paul

Bynum
Bosh
Anthony
Wade
Rose
Love

They still get their asses handed to them.

Laettner is the obvious choice. But like for like, at that point in their careers. You would take Isiah over Stockton on pure talent but we all know the reasons why Isiah didnt make the team.

It's a no contest though. Even if the current US team looked like this.

Howard
Durant
LeBron
Kobe
Paul

Bynum
Bosh
Anthony
Wade
Rose
Love

They still get their asses handed to them.

team chemistry was important then. somehow jordan et al put aside their egos. dont think he wouldve done it with thomas.

stockton is the best ever PG ive seen. better than phil smyth

I've seen a bit of the Opals during this Olympics, and I reckon Cambage (spell?) looks fairly average. Remember a crap load of talk about her prior to the Olympics. Little disappointed, however Jackson looks to be still going strong.

Nice black-eye one of the Aussie girls have :oops:

Liz Cambage is soft as butter and cries at the drop of a hat but her 'on court' performances in terms of playing basketball, are on par with Lauren Jackson at the same age. She's been anything but average on court.

She is only 20 years old and she was either the leading scorer or second leading scorer for the opals. That's a very good effort and I suspect s she gets older, her level of maturity will increase and the crying will stop. i suspect by the next Olympics in Brazil, she will be able to put the opals on her back and carry them to another bronze medal.

team chemistry was important then. somehow jordan et al put aside their egos. dont think he wouldve done it with thomas.

Plus, IIRC, at that time they had a requirement that they had to have one college player. I'm still amazed they didn't take Shaq as that college player but Christen 'gray' (or should that be gay) Laettner was the stand out player of the year at Duke.

stockton is the best ever PG ive seen. better than phil smyth

Ignoring your obvious troll at Australian basketball. Magic, Jason Kidd, Oscar Robinson, Steve Nash and Allan Iverson says hi and are equl if not better point guards than John Stockton.

Saying that, if the NBA had as many international players playing in the late 70's and early 80's as they do now, Phil Smyth would have been an NBA all star. He was the best point guard in the world for a long time but never received that recognition. He was a fantastic player.

I like how in the interview after the game Lauren Jackson called the bronze medal a dirty gold.

Hopefully she goes on to play in Rio, she will be around 35 yrs old then but would probably still be one of our best womens basketballers even at that age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ignoring your obvious troll at Australian basketball. Magic, Jason Kidd, Oscar Robinson, Steve Nash and Allan Iverson says hi and are equl if not better point guards than John Stockton.

Saying that, if the NBA had as many international players playing in the late 70's and early 80's as they do now, Phil Smyth would have been an NBA all star. He was the best point guard in the world for a long time but never received that recognition. He was a fantastic player.

troll @ aust bball? why are you so paranoid? jesus, as soon as someone types the name of an australian bball legend (smyth) you guys go nuts.

im not sure about smyth being an nba all star. he was a great player, and should be if not already in the international HOF.

stockton for mine is the best PG ive seen. I saw a bit of magic, but more of stockton.

iverson is hardly a PG

oscar robertson says hi

troll @ aust bball? why are you so paranoid? jesus, as soon as someone types the name of an australian bball legend (smyth) you guys go nuts.

im not sure about smyth being an nba all star. he was a great player, and should be if not already in the international HOF.

stockton for mine is the best PG ive seen. I saw a bit of magic, but more of stockton.

iverson is hardly a PG

oscar robertson says hi
Penny Hardaway says hi... before injuring himself... :mad:

Because you have a history of doing it.

According to the very anti NBL posters and anti Auusie basketball, unless someone plays in the NBA they are crap and couldn't possibly be any good.

According to the very anti NBL posters and anti Auusie basketball, unless someone plays in the NBA they are crap and couldn't possibly be any good.
C'mon Alex, give him the benefit of the doubt, he acknowledged that Smyth was a good point back in the day... Let it slide my man, let it slide :)

please provide evidence of said aust bball trolling

have i not posted during australian games? have i not lost sleep and stressed during and after games?

where are these anti aust bball posters? has anyone expressed a want of death to all aussie ballers and the league?
posters have a right

ffs take off your tin foil hat.

133287142481469.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back