The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Apologies if this thread isn't necessary but I thought it might be a good idea to post all designs for the Games ranging from the Olympics, Paralympics, Commonwealth Games games logos, uniforms, maybe even the stadia designs, torch designs, medal designs and the mascots too? Basically all the designs associated with the games?

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I'll start it off, I did some research before and found the newly designed Olympic Torch for the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I have also heard news that Birmingham's Commonwealth Games logo is set to be unveiled in the next few weeks as part of the 3 years to go celebrations.
It will involve this typeface!

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Here are some designs that I have made for a Melbourne Olympic Games bid for 2036. It will be a bid for the Games of the 36th Olympiad in 2036.

Ed51dEq.jpg

XIAYlBv.jpg

One of the main things that I would like to see done with the Olympics coming to Melbourne in 2036 is the roofing of the Jolimont Railyards to allow for the construction of the Olympic Village, Olympics Media Centre and a site for a Olympic Festival. This can be used for housing after the games, office space and sites for events around the AFL, Cricket and Tennis.

That is what we want to see, Melbourne's name araised for the 2036 Olympics. A Penguin, a suitable mascot for a Melbourne Olympics.

Most venues for a Melbourne Olympic Games will already be built. The MCG will have the Southern Stand redeveloped by then, with capacity over the present 100,024 seats available. The Tennis Centre redevelopment will be done by then. The Swimming Centre at Albert Park will have to be redeveloped. The National Rowing Centre at Pattersons Lakes will have to be renewed.

Most venues for the 2006 Commonwealth Games will be available for a 2036 Olympics. The Olympics will be a push along the some developments need to get started, not something that calls for a new main stadium, we have that. The past two Olympics have gone to cities that already have the venues built and have been past hosts in Paris in 2024 and Los Angeles in 2028.

Back