Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As tempting as it might be to think Albury has come right back to the field it might be worth considering their early season draw.
Of particular interest is the first six weeks of the season and the absence of Josh Mellington to suspension and other publicised injury concerns they appear to have.
Their early season draw doesn't hold too many fears and they remain the team to beat.
Round 1: Raiders. Win. Raiders have lost any momentum they had in last six weeks with Baird back-flipping and Adam Flagg departing. Absence of a bona fide ruckman will see them miss finals.
Round 2: Wodonga. Win. Dogs have recruited ok. But lack of genuine A graders still will prevent them soaring up the ladder. Matt Seiter missing early games?
Round 3: Corowa-Rutherglen: Win. Say no more.
Round 4: North Albury: Win. See above
Round 5: Wang. Win. Might be a different story if game was at Wang. But at home they should be still good enough to beat the Magpies who shape as one of big improvers.
Round 6: Yarrawonga. Loss. Pigeons should be up and about by this stage with Whyley putting his stamp on the comp. They are entitled to start favourites in this game which will be played at the Grove.
Good analysis. Why does Seiter miss early games?

Myrtleford do have a lot of blokes that are aligned to them but is it a good thing to have so many that may not play much footy with the club?
I think you will find the number of players who were aligned are in fact going to be full-time this season. Frazer Dale for one, Hugh Wales another. Right there you have two A graders who go a long way to covering the loss of Christian Burgess. But the fact they've got under the guard of a couple of other clubs and got Laracy and Munro is a pretty big tick for the Saints. Let's remember they were the team who came closest to beating Albury last year. If some planets aligned Myrt is in the flag race right up to their eyeballs, particularly if salary cap/points are forcing Albury to retreat as appears to be the case on face value at least. The known pick-ups of Chapman, Looby and Harrington are all starting 18 players and are all experienced heads.

Many practice matches being played this weekend?
I know Wang and Albury are having a hit out in Corowa on Saturday, haven't heard about much else happening just yet.

Many practice matches being played this weekend?
I know Wang and Albury are having a hit out in Corowa on Saturday, haven't heard about much else happening just yet.

North vs myrtleford tomorrow, in myrtleford 2pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Albury looked in great touch today against a Wangaratta side i would suggest will play finals this season upon early analysis.
The football was free flowing but the Tigers were able to turn the football over well at the Magpies' centre half forward line.
Cross had close to 40 possessions and ran like a man possessed.
In very good nic!
The Pies matched Albury early but were just unable to contain the quick three-four goal bursts.
I reckon the tigers won by about six goals.
Very keen to see what the Panthers can serve up this season.

Albury looked in great touch today against a Wangaratta side i would suggest will play finals this season upon early analysis.
The football was free flowing but the Tigers were able to turn the football over well at the Magpies' centre half forward line.
Cross had close to 40 possessions and ran like a man possessed.
In very good nic!
The Pies matched Albury early but were just unable to contain the quick three-four goal bursts.
I reckon the tigers won by about six goals.
Very keen to see what the Panthers can serve up this season.

Did anyone bother to run with Cross though? Or was it just a tit for tat loose centreman game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back