Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
their ressies got pumped by marby on the weekend, first grade 2-3 goal loss to marby......
I have been wrong many times before. All i heard was that Lavi's twos will be strong this year, to me that means that spots in the ones will be hard to come by because they will be a decent strength.
Might force themselves into the five.

I have been wrong many times before. All i heard was that Lavi's twos will be strong this year, to me that means that spots in the ones will be hard to come by because they will be a decent strength.
Might force themselves into the five.

Speaking to some of their players on the weekend they said about 15 were missing, 4 went down injured during the game, so unless they come back quick smart it's going to be a long season.

Speaking to some of their players on the weekend they said about 15 were missing, 4 went down injured during the game, so unless they come back quick smart it's going to be a long season.

15 missing makes the Wangaratta Lavington first round match a little more one sided. Wangaratta have to win to live to all their hype, while Lavington have the systems that have kept them successful for a long period now.

I know it takes 2 to tango but hate that Albury are trying to steal a wanted player from a country club so close to round 1. You would think they will work out a way and Yack will be a man down going into the season.

I know it takes 2 to tango but hate that Albury are trying to steal a wanted player from a country club so close to round 1. You would think they will work out a way and Yack will be a man down going into the season.

I reckon it stinks...just reeks of the powerful and rich squashing in those around them

Preseason predictions from the Gyve
Albury- the powerhouse rolls on, but the wheels are starting to wooble. "If it bleeds, it can be killed"
Yarra- Very busy is the off season. Have the best ruck outfit going around and having a fit Tim Cooper will take them deep into finals.
Wang- Young list thats been topped up with high end talent, if they keep the cattle on the park finals are a lock.
Myrt- also had a solid off season and everyone will fear a trip up that way in the cold months to thier fortress.
Lavi- lost some seasoned warriors and I don't know enough about the bush recruits to have them higher. If Garland or Jon Spina go down the season will be an ugly one for the black cats.
Wodonga- Also recruited well and will give the top teams a good challenge. Cant have everyone one in the finals and they are my unlucky ones.
Raiders- No Hettas no Raiders in my eyes. They have picked up some handy players and have some talented already. Realistically the teams from 3rd to 7th could end up in any order with injuries being the key influence.
Rovers- have picked up two ovens and king stars but that will only be enough to keep the cellar dwellers below them.
North- out Fulford and Brew and not even a great team could come back from that. Hopefully the new coaching structure gets the ball rolling in the right direction for years to come.
Corowa- The poor old Roo's have had a crack at picking up good players but are just comming from too far back. Could knock of North or Rovers at home.

Round one
North by afew kicks
Albury by 40
Myrt in the game of the round
Wodonga by 40 (no Gaston for Rovers)
Wang by 15

Hope everyone manages to get out and see their team have a win on Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun Mannagh playing for North today, he might give them that little bit of strength they need to get over the line.

Here it is for anyone who wants a read; http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4578116/switch-a-roos/?cs=10

Although the Roo's are struggling in the O&M. They are far far too strong for the TDFL, right?!

There would be too much travelling involved in the Murray League, most clubs are 90 - 120 minutes away from Corowa, with the exception of Mulwala & Barooga. There is also the fair chance that top players at the club wouldn't want to step down a level, resulting in players still wanting to compete at O&M level at opposing nearby clubs, etc Wang. IMHO, changing leagues doesn't fix much for the Roo's, they simply need an abundance of support from the league, and more importantly their community. I Would love to hear every ones opinion.

Last edited:
Here it is for anyone who wants a read; http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4578116/switch-a-roos/?cs=10

Although the Roo's are struggling in the O&M. They are far far too strong for the TDFL, right?!

There would be too much travelling involved in the Murray League, most clubs are 90 - 120 minutes away from Corowa, with the exception of Mulwala & Barooga. There is also the fair chance that top players at the club wouldn't want to step down a level, resulting in players still wanting to compete at O&M level at opposing nearby clubs, etc Wang. IMHO, changing leagues doesn't fix much for the Roo's, they simply need an abundance of support from the league, and more importantly their community. I Would love to hear every ones opinion.

Is such a delicate situation which has so many variences involved .... do they leave the comp as well as maybe Myrtleford ,, making the O & M a 8 team comp . ????
Then what league do they transfer to ????
In the Roos case,, there are so many other clubs within a 30 minute drive radius ,, but go south to the Shepparton area and there are even more clubs in that 30 minute radius yet they are going ok except for Congupna ...
So ,, wow ,, wheres the correct resolve ,, I nave no answer ,,

Is such a delicate situation which has so many variences involved .... do they leave the comp as well as maybe Myrtleford ,, making the O & M a 8 team comp . ????
Then what league do they transfer to ????
In the Roos case,, there are so many other clubs within a 30 minute drive radius ,, but go south to the Shepparton area and there are even more clubs in that 30 minute radius yet they are going ok except for Congupna ...
So ,, wow ,, wheres the correct resolve ,, I nave no answer ,,

Why would you bring up Myrtleford? From what I see they have gone through rough times and come out the other end with a very strong group of mostly local players. Their position is completely different from that of C/R as C/R have that many teams around them in a close radius all vying for the same pool of players. There is no solution to C/R problems apart from reducing the amount of teams in that area, moving to another competition is going to solve the problem.

On saying that if C/R did leave which team from the minor comps is ready to take the step up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back