Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went to both TDFL games over the weekend. I have also been to watch NorthAlbury v Corowa twice. Honestly think the 4 teams in the TDFL finals over the weekend would beat Nth and Corowa

I went to both TDFL games over the weekend. I have also been to watch NorthAlbury v Corowa twice. Honestly think the 4 teams in the TDFL finals over the weekend would beat Nth and Corowa
I totally agree. The standard in the Tallangatta League has been raised. The skill level is much improved. Great to watch on that brilliant surface.

I totally agree. The standard in the Tallangatta League has been raised. The skill level is much improved. Great to watch on that brilliant surface.
Not a hope. The standard may have improved but it's still a big step up into the ovens and Murray. I think the Hume league has gone past the tallangatta league and their top 4 wouldn't get near the bottom 3 in the o and m. Definitely more enjoyable to watch though.

Not a hope. The standard may have improved but it's still a big step up into the ovens and Murray. I think the Hume league has gone past the tallangatta league and their top 4 wouldn't get near the bottom 3 in the o and m. Definitely more enjoyable to watch though.

I agree mate, with the exception of Thurgoona (who would probably still get beaten) no team would get within 50 points of the tail-end O&M teams.

Did anyone else grin when they found out Josh Mellington was kept goalless by Matt Dussin? What a great effort.

A huge step up in standard from minor leagues to major leagues in any comp. Like up here in QLD , the major comp is the NEAFL ,, best comp below that is the AFLQ ,, which is a good standard comp . The 2 top sides in the QAFL , say playing the 2 bottom sides in the NEAFL,, would not get within 8 goals minimum .....
From what ive seen over the past 5 years is a very improved comp in the Murray league.

Following the league as closely as possible from afar, it seems like every time a Club appeals against a decision of the O&M tribunal they are successful in having the suspension overturned.
This is not just about Stone this week, but a comment on the general trend over a number of years.
Does anyone closer to the league have an opinion on why this is?
Are the original tribunal decisions genuinely wrong? Does the O&M not properly present it's case to the appeals board? Or is it that the appeals board gives all Clubs (from all leagues) a free walk?

Following the league as closely as possible from afar, it seems like every time a Club appeals against a decision of the O&M tribunal they are successful in having the suspension overturned.
This is not just about Stone this week, but a comment on the general trend over a number of years.
Does anyone closer to the league have an opinion on why this is?
Are the original tribunal decisions genuinely wrong? Does the O&M not properly present it's case to the appeals board? Or is it that the appeals board gives all Clubs (from all leagues) a free walk?
I think that the issue is once a club appeals the new tribunal is held in Melbourne. A trip that far is a huge commitment so usually only the club appealing has a real interest in attending and therefore they are normally better represented and there isn't as much evidence presented against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting if Jarrod Hodgkin wins Wodonga's B&F. Good on him for getting on the front foot and letting the Dogs know asap.

Wow, Wang were mighty impressive today in thrashing Yarrawonga, any one else leave the ground today , thinking the pies could knock over the tigers next week?

Yarra will get Lachie Howe back next week. A VFL ruckman should make a big difference.
Yes he will. After watching yesterday's game though they may need speed. McMillan might get sighted as there were at least 4 incidents crude and off the ball.

Yes he will. After watching yesterday's game though they may need speed. McMillan might get sighted as there were at least 4 incidents crude and off the ball.
From memory, Drew Barnes broke Brad Melville's jaw last year off the ball, no report. (Please correct me if i am wrong about the no suspension or report, but Melville certainly didn't play for four weeks because of it.)

I was right. Magpies proved their grand final credentials.

That you did. Credit to them, they're a very commendable side. I know they've played some great footy the past few weeks, and are very good around the goals. But being realistic, does not having Newton on the park this week rule them out against Albury?

That you did. Credit to them, they're a very commendable side. I know they've played some great footy the past few weeks, and are very good around the goals. But being realistic, does not having Newton on the park this week rule them out against Albury?
Wang will rely on foward speed which will trouble afnc if wang can win the ball across half back and middle. Leitch a surprising key. Albury mids no1 but a raging bull always a worry.( Leitch needs to have a few with Matt seiter to get his game up to scratch)
Judd porter to play on Sean Daly.

Makysmow reaching new low levels in the BFL today on the ground. Red carded and finished the game drinking cans so the Ballarat site states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back