Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Myrtleford will drop away that far. I expect them to stay in the top-five. I reckon the Bulldogs will make a strong case after last year's end of season form.

The Rovers boys have been training hard and with better numbers than the Magpies. I think the Magpies might be a bit complacent, Loser's fatigue for pushing so hard and still not improving. They need a kick up the bum to get themselves going.

The fight for the final finals spots is set to be more entertaining than the grand final in my opinion.

Can't wait to see if the salary cap and lowering of points has as drastic effect as some naysayers have been saying as well. ("Whats the point of it? There has been too many changes, just leaves things as they are)

Those aren't quotes from these threads either, i am not having a go at anyone on here it's almost disappointing i have to say that before i post anything.
Think right on it with Myrtleford.(3rd?) 2 or 3 good recruits. And their younger brigade have more senior games.
Dogs always there about. Depends on the medalist a bit. Another good mid a help.
Yarra 2nd. Easy.
Lavi? Can't see prior suddenly improving. Mids good.
Wang? can't see them above last years finish. Middle of the ground a big problem. Can't win the important games. 8th or 9th.
North A? Who would know?
Raiders - why do they keep buying and selling players?

I don't think Myrtleford will drop away that far. I expect them to stay in the top-five. I reckon the Bulldogs will make a strong case after last year's end of season form.

The Rovers boys have been training hard and with better numbers than the Magpies. I think the Magpies might be a bit complacent, Loser's fatigue for pushing so hard and still not improving. They need a kick up the bum to get themselves going.

The fight for the final finals spots is set to be more entertaining than the grand final in my opinion.

Can't wait to see if the salary cap and lowering of points has as drastic effect as some naysayers have been saying as well. ("Whats the point of it? There has been too many changes, just leaves things as they are)

Those aren't quotes from these threads either, i am not having a go at anyone on here it's almost disappointing i have to say that before i post anything.

Curry? Be true to your nom de plume , and have a real input! Send a few running.
Magpies losers? Maybe you can supply more than a "kick"
Rovers? Must be absolutely non$ in the fund or would be signing up ? ? ? At least they like magpies and saints will play their own. Maybe they learned from their last dig.
Maybe someone out there can explain where wodonga city juniors go? Raiders worse than dogs , but what tha!
Some where along the line afnc And Yfnc have jumped the 8 other clubs with the combo of locals , sons of guns , and a quiet look at local leagues. ? Saints would appear the only capable of going to the same level.
Something to be said for their organisation

Last edited:

Curry? Be true to your nom de plume , and have a real input! Send a few running.
Magpies losers? Maybe you can supply more than a "kick"
Rovers? Must be absolutely non$ in the fund or would be signing up ? ? ? At least they like magpies and saints will play their own. Maybe they learned from their last dig.
Maybe someone out there can explain where wodonga city juniors go? Raiders worse than dogs , but what tha!
Some where along the line afnc And Yfnc have jumped the 8 other clubs with the combo of locals , sons of guns , and a quiet look at local leagues. ? Saints would appear the only capable of going to the same level.
Something to be said for their organisation

I didn't mean to suggest that the Maggies are losers, it was more the fact they just seem so drawn out and unmotivated. They do need a good kick though, wouldn't you agree?
I agree with the Maggies, Rovers and Saints playing their own. As for non-funds i also agree that they must have learnt from 2014, yes they played finals but to what end?
The talent at the Rovers has been able to be exposed on a more consistent basis than over the road, and should see the Hawks soaring again soon.
Saints would be a lock for top-three surely.

I hope the Saints don't fall as everyone loves seeing them up. My main concern with them is that their leading goal kicker after Burgess last year was 18. Someone has to kick goals for them to win some games.

I hope the Saints don't fall as everyone loves seeing them up. My main concern with them is that their leading goal kicker after Burgess last year was 18. Someone has to kick goals for them to win some games.

They signed a bloke Tim Looby who has produced goals in the past 5 years
2012 - 58
2013 - 39
2014 - 41
2015 - 34
2016 - 18

I'm sure they are still on the lookout, though you would have to say another year older for their kids will help them.

I think the Sharp boys will be back for them as well (or are they off to the VFL?) that will help out at centre half forward and i reckon (which ever twin plays forward) will be a good asset on the scoreboard.

I didn't mean to suggest that the Maggies are losers, it was more the fact they just seem so drawn out and unmotivated. They do need a good kick though, wouldn't you agree?
I agree with the Maggies, Rovers and Saints playing their own. As for non-funds i also agree that they must have learnt from 2014, yes they played finals but to what end?
The talent at the Rovers has been able to be exposed on a more consistent basis than over the road, and should see the Hawks soaring again soon.
Saints would be a lock for top-three surely.

Perhaps the Mighty Magpies could secure your services as their in house motivator Curry? Might just be the boost they need to bust into the top 5.

Rovers don't seem to be able to land anyone of note lately so the neutral footy fan in Wangaratta will be relying Juice Newton to get on the loose in the early rounds to spark up some interest for the town.
If not it might be slim pickings again in September for Wang fans.

Perhaps the Mighty Magpies could secure your services as their in house motivator Curry? Might just be the boost they need to bust into the top 5.

Rovers don't seem to be able to land anyone of note lately so the neutral footy fan in Wangaratta will be relying Juice Newton to get on the loose in the early rounds to spark up some interest for the town.
If not it might be slim pickings again in September for Wang fans.
Interesting to note that saints lost k height last year , and went up significantly. Burgess loss will be similar.
The only worry is b Murray. Fit ! Injured? Interesting that he lasted what was a very hard season at the reserve this year. Might want a tad less rain in 2017.
Wang have a very good draw. They had a good draw 2016 and got flogged by rovers and nth. For newton to get on the loose it might have to be at full back.
Gaston surgery?
Can anyone explain why raiders buy and sell in a population of how many tens of thousands. Instant gratification to pump up the financial supporters. Family club? I wonder how their foundation members feel.

They signed a bloke Tim Looby who has produced goals in the past 5 years
2012 - 58
2013 - 39
2014 - 41
2015 - 34
2016 - 18

I'm sure they are still on the lookout, though you would have to say another year older for their kids will help them.

Looby is half a gun ... will be great for Myrtleford ,,, will cover the loss of Burgess

Interesting to note that saints lost k height last year , and went up significantly. Burgess loss will be similar.
The only worry is b Murray. Fit ! Injured? Interesting that he lasted what was a very hard season at the reserve this year. Might want a tad less rain in 2017.
Wang have a very good draw. They had a good draw 2016 and got flogged by rovers and nth. For newton to get on the loose it might have to be at full back.
Gaston surgery?
Can anyone explain why raiders buy and sell in a population of how many tens of thousands. Instant gratification to pump up the financial supporters. Family club? I wonder how their foundation members feel.

As I see it so far , the RAIDERS have lost 4 of their top 8 players ,,, have gained 2 , maybe 3 ..... so at the moment , I dont see them jumping up to challenge the Alburys, Lavis , and Yarras ....
They have had this top player turnover for a number of years now,,, and the forumla is not working

As I see it so far , the RAIDERS have lost 4 of their top 8 players ,,, have gained 2 , maybe 3 ..... so at the moment , I dont see them jumping up to challenge the Alburys, Lavis , and Yarras ....
They have had this top player turnover for a number of years now,,, and the forumla is not working
So why keep doing it? Having some random come in and take $ that could have been spread over 4 or 5 locals?
Just finished reading inputs to border mail on o&m. I have to agree that lavi as a ground offers nothing in September. No atmosphere and if the wind blows, a disaster.
I just wonder if AFNC have a 20 yr reunion at a home game in x yrs( lots to choose) , I hope they are playing themselves that day!
I'm sorry if I put my old fashioned , out or date , belief that sport is about competition!
My walking frame awaits me as I trundle off to bed. Might be old but the truth remains the same( even in digital
And cloud ? ) whatever

Raiders have signed Raven Joliffe- Midfielder from Central Murray B&F winner- there mids will be strong. Albury set to announce two KP signings. Yarrawonga loosing Bodie Butts. Lavington have signed Johnroy Williams from Brock Burrum. North averaging 15 to their one night a week training with Aker O/S.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raiders have signed Raven Joliffe- Midfielder from Central Murray B&F winner- there mids will be strong. Albury set to announce two KP signings. Yarrawonga loosing Bodie Butts. Lavington have signed Johnroy Williams from Brock Burrum. North averaging 15 to their one night a week training with Aker O/S.

Where Bodie Butts going ?

Who's these Albury recruits?

I'm a newbie on the block here, but got all the good mail.
What the f..k is Daryn Cresswell up to. Paul Kelly's son is on board, another bloke from the NEAFL. And Joliffe who is no relation to Steve.
He needs a calculator. His best side won't be able to be put on the park. Also how is his off-field support cast going? Not well. Marc Almond, who was in contention for Shepp United job, is out and so is Scotty Montgomery.

The silence from Albury is defeaning. Did they put a lot of eggs in the basket of Tiziani, Lynch and Sproule not getting drafted and Carroll staying, but gone to VFL.

Huge trouble at North Albury. The BM article P3 today was an interesting read. Mark Cronin gone as president and Andre Dowding the replacment.

Comp is in big trouble if the best story story for the BM back page today is a BB Saints fringy doing the right thing and trying to lift his game and going to Lavy

FFS. how hard is it to find a venue for OM v GV interleague for the OM hierarchy? Once upon a time this would have been a game to die for. Play the game at Yarra or Myrt. With VFL game at Wang between werribee and Collingood. give it to a couple of clubs with a bit of dash about them. Alb-Wod venues won't pull a crowd.

OM heierachy struggling to find board members. Paul Challman from Wang has been sounded out, but no comitment yet. Trouble in paradose

One snippet from Albury worth sharing. The frosty relationship between coach Shaun Daly and "pee wee" Powell has been smoothed over. Powell not going to Henty as freely talked about in recent weeks, but how good is his bung foot. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back