Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Terrible news re: very serious injury. I find it interesting that the injured players team said they were happy to continue but the opposition were not...hence the drawn game
Lavington would be disappointed finishing with only the two points in a game they were likely to win by 100 points or more. The top sides only get limited games that will impact the top 3 this year and halving the points against a bottom 5 side will hurt big time.

wizards

Cancelled
Nov 12, 2008
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lavington would be disappointed finishing with only the two points in a game they were likely to win by 100 points or more. The top sides only get limited games that will impact the top 3 this year and halving the points against a bottom 5 side will hurt big time.

Who cares how many points they received, the players welfare is priority, took an hour for the ambulance to get to the ground, young players may have been affected from witnessing hes injury. So for the game not to continue is a non issue in my opinion. More to life then a game of football.

Well done to both North & Lavingtons trainers for giving Matt the best possible care whilst they waited for the ambulance.

Massive Merv

Debutant
Apr 15, 2007
Moorabbin
AFL Club
St Kilda
Which isnt really in the spirit of why that rule was brought in. You should not be able to manipulate it it if that was what was done
The injury happened about 20 minutes into the first quarter. The umpires apparently rang a higher authority for clarification of the rule and I believe were advised that the cut off time for continuing the match was 2.55pm. They then allowed a further 10 minutes grace to see if the ground would be cleared but that time elapsed. Understandably, Lavington was keen to continue because they were in the box seat to get the 4 points. But 2 points for North is a great result for them. With hindsight, the league could implement a rule to prevent this happening again, especially considering the lightning at Lavington is second to none.

The Crumber

Debutant
Aug 7, 2006
South Louth
AFL Club
Richmond
The rule can be varied by the controlling body.
The League offered the clubs the option to continue the game but NA declined.
Also, the ambulances (there were 2 crews dispatched) took about 25mins to arrive.
It was around an hour later that Pender was in the back & off to hospital.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
The rule can be varied by the controlling body.
The League offered the clubs the option to continue the game but NA declined.
Also, the ambulances (there were 2 crews dispatched) took about 25mins to arrive.
It was around an hour later that Pender was in the back & off to hospital.
Apparently Penda was keen for the game to continue. What other reason could North have for saying no other than getting gifted 2 points.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Apparently Penda was keen for the game to continue. What other reason could North have for saying no other than getting gifted 2 points.

The thing is that the rules clearly state that if a game is halted for 30 mins or more it is automatically abandoned. If that occurs before half time the game is declared a draw...if it is after half time the side in front at rant point in time wins. This whole thing of asking clubs if the would like to continue should not even take place in my view because it opens the questions we are asking right now

Macgyver

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2004
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
What a horrible round for the game, massive floggings and one of the nice blokes of the comp having his season/ possibly career ended. I agree with Roota the rule is pretty clear, this nonsense of asking the teams shouldn't have occurred. It could however influence the ladder at the end of the year which isnt ideal.
Looking ahead we are facing a similar situation with another round of very uneven games. Wang vs North will give people a fairly accurate indication of the gap between the 2nd/3rd best team in the league vs 6th.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What a horrible round for the game, massive floggings and one of the nice blokes of the comp having his season/ possibly career ended. I agree with Roota the rule is pretty clear, this nonsense of asking the teams shouldn't have occurred. It could however influence the ladder at the end of the year which isnt ideal.
Looking ahead we are facing a similar situation with another round of very uneven games. Wang vs North will give people a fairly accurate indication of the gap between the 2nd/3rd best team in the league vs 6th.

Agree,,, wow such a distance between 1 and 10 now ,,, never seen it like this at home and away level.
Looking at other leagues , the GVFL are not experiencing the extent these results , the Murray league is a very close comp , and as is the Hume league , Tallangatta , Riverina , Farrar , and even Picola comp.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree,,, wow such a distance between 1 and 10 now ,,, never seen it like this at home and away level.
Looking at other leagues , the GVFL are not experiencing the extent these results , the Murray league is a very close comp , and as is the Hume league , Tallangatta , Riverina , Farrar , and even Picola comp.

The GVFL are experiencing an Albury like dominance and have a couple of sides really really battling. Unfortunately it's a epidemic across country footy

Shoalhaven

Debutant
Nov 30, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Jamie Anderson selected in Rep squad, there must be a lot of quality players not available/prepared to play for him to get a game!! Jumps at shadows!!

Macgyver

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2004
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
O&K is even across the top few teams but the bottom two are getting it by 200+. Ky Valley is no different. Country footy as a whole is in abit of a state.

Michael Clarke from Rovers is the only one who comes to mind who would be an obvious choice before Ando. Saker isnt getting any faster and most clubs dont have a true full back. Dussin would be my pick but he is filling the void in the ruck. Good on the kid for putting his hand up though.

Outside the sq

Senior List
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jamie Anderson selected in Rep squad, there must be a lot of quality players not available/prepared to play for him to get a game!! Jumps at shadows!!
Does he just? You D.H.
Maybe why wang won last years flag . Lot of good players underrated. VB the obvious one

#thebont4

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Nice old touch up handed out by your boys today
I don't know what sort of team the ovens n Murray put out but I was shocked WRFL didn't lose by by 150 points. Considering none of the best 30-40 players, if not more didn't play.

Relton7

Rookie
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know what sort of team the ovens n Murray put out but I was shocked WRFL didn't lose by by 150 points. Considering none of the best 30-40 players, if not more didn't play.

Not much of a wrap for the blokes who did put there hand up and represent the WRFL . The fact is that was the team they could put together and it wasn’t good enough.

Don’t think you will find many representative teams these days who have all of there best players put there hand up and play.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not much of a wrap for the blokes who did put there hand up and represent the WRFL . The fact is that was the team they could put together and it wasn’t good enough.

Don’t think you will find many representative teams these days who have all of there best players put there hand up and play.

Correct, and I can tell you the O&M HAD PLENTY OUT AS WELL ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back