Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The security of the property box must be abit tighter down in the city.. The great man hasnt been able to fill his kick with team mates watches.
Just noted a good news story on Border re Wang Young Bloke. First game Albury V Rovers. Mightn't have much to do one end, and not the Albury Fb, or rovers foward pocket. Would expect 100% support - and am sure the players will give it. Like Jack Z , when Hayden (good umpiring name ) lines up on the G , you can say you saw him do his first O&M game.

After reading Mick McGuane's tweets after he watched the Raiders game, it sounds like they sent a message that they are ready to have a crack at the flag. Makes Raiders vs Wang in a fortnight sound like a mouth watering clash.

Myrt vs Dogs showed that while the league is abit out of balance in terms of talent, great games of footy can still be served up. Sounds like everyone got their $12 worth down at the McNamara.

I saw a video of Clint Gilson addressing the North players saying Finals was in their own hands. I checked the ladder and noticed them and Lavi are on the same points. Calling their earlier game off has definitely helped them by gaining the 2 points. Is there any realistic chance that they could beat Lavington when they meet again? My thoughts are they are at least 15 goals behind all the top 5 sides when all is equal but just wondering if an upset is any chance?

I saw a video of Clint Gilson addressing the North players saying Finals was in their own hands. I checked the ladder and noticed them and Lavi are on the same points. Calling their earlier game off has definitely helped them by gaining the 2 points. Is there any realistic chance that they could beat Lavington when they meet again? My thoughts are they are at least 15 goals behind all the top 5 sides when all is equal but just wondering if an upset is any chance?

Not a hope in hell of Hoppers playing finals the top 5 is way ahead of the rest we will see on the weekend when hoppers travel down to Yarrawonga what chance they have

Questions from the weekend.
-Does Johnny Hunt get a week off for his Ill timed spoil on Suckling?
-Will the return of Logan Morey bring Yarra back into contention?
-Can Melbourne make the prelim so Crossy is unavailable for O&M granny?

Edit : I'm going to have to head to spec savers clearly read the wrong number on old mates jumper.

Last edited:
Questions from the weekend.
-Does Johnny Hunt get a week off for his Ill timed spoil on Suckling?
-Will the return of Logan Morey bring Yarra back into contention?
-Can Melbourne make the prelim so Crossy is unavailable for O&M granny?

Probably not.

Yes. Massive inclusion, he even said so himself.

Dees will be bundled out in semis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peg Kuschert playing his 300th for the Roos tomorrow. Will they get up tomorrow?
Spoke to a Rovers bloke last week and he said that within the club the Wodonga game was identified as the more winnable of the two bottom dwellers. However the team they are playing, looks on paper to be far superior.
That said I was there when Kuschert played what I believe was his 250th against Wang and a fairly average Corowa team grew another leg and beat the pants off the Pies.
I pick Corowa in a thriller

Just on North Albury & their points issue.
They recruited Joel Robinson from Thurgoona, I'll just use him for my example as I know there are more players in his situation.
Joel is worth 4points & has played 3/4 senior games & seems to be a bit of a victim of this system, if he was worth 2points I'd be fairly confident in saying he'd have played more games.
So for a kid trying to better he's footy he is playing in the O&M reserves which isn't enticing at all, he would have been better of staying where he was.

So Why is a young kid from the district worth so many points for trying to develop he's football?

The points system is not perfect but it’s the best system we have due to its transparency. Unintended consequences like your example happen but it still demonstrates that North Albury could play a home grown junior worth one point in his place.

Wangaratta suffering a blow with their best player this season, Daniel Sharrock rupturing his ACL. Not sure if I can see them winning the flag this year. Raiders v Albury final??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back