Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just spoke to a Raiders player today and mentioned the Rovers Cricket story. He said Crezza did the same thing at Raiders. Tried to get rid of Cricket Club. Also used to often get his assistants to go and tell the 3rds and juniors to get off the ground.

Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rovers cricket club have officially been kicked out of the football facilities after committee had only just in the previous day's given them the ok, football club slowly creeping back to their arrogant old ways

On CPH1851 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Statement from cricket club

Dear Members,

For the 2019-2020 cricket season, Rovers United Bruck Cricket Club will hold all club functions and game-day operations from the multi-purpose building adjacent to the cricket nets.

This decision has been forced upon us by the Wangaratta Rovers Football Netball Club (WRFNC), who have decided that we are no longer welcome to use their facilities.

A letter from WRFNC last week advised us (in part):

“We have received advice, that the use by your Club of the licenced area of the Pavilion, is jeopardising our Liquor Licence.

“As such, the licenced area of the facility is not available for your use for the 2019/20 cricket season.

“We believe the best long term option for your Club is to relocate to the new community facility at the Reserve.”

The RUBCC executive and committee are extremely disappointed with this decision, as it goes against what WRFNC executive members had relayed to us in the days leading up to the decision.

Having digested the information, we are excited about this forced change in our location for our operations, and will strive to ensure that club members notice little difference in the running of the club.

In the short term, the RUBCC will not be able sell alcohol on the premises, however we are currently working hard to rectify this problem as soon as possible.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda

Dear Members,

For the 2019-2020 cricket season, Rovers United Bruck Cricket Club will hold all club functions and game-day operations from the multi-purpose building adjacent to the cricket nets.

This decision has been forced upon us by the Wangaratta Rovers Football Netball Club (WRFNC), who have decided that we are no longer welcome to use their facilities.

“We have received advice, that the use by your Club of the licenced area of the Pavilion, is jeopardising our Liquor Licence.

“As such, the licenced area of the facility is not available for your use for the 2019/20 cricket season.

“We believe the best long term option for your Club is to relocate to the new community facility at the Reserve.”

The RUBCC executive and committee are extremely disappointed with this decision, as it goes against what WRFNC executive members had relayed to us in the days leading up to the decision.

Having digested the information, we are excited about this forced change in our location for our operations, and will strive to ensure that club members notice little difference in the running of the club.

In the short term, the RUBCC will not be able sell alcohol on the premises, however we are currently working hard to rectify this problem as soon as possible.

Who does the footy club think they are?

Outside the sq

Senior List
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

Dear Members,

bit sad if true reflection of the situation. The interesting line is " We have received advice etc" ?
What would the CC be doing to jeopardise the liquor licence? ( sadly all important to a sports club. Unless you have pokies )
Do the CC need someone licenced , and don't cover the various laws?
Would seem a rational meeting of the people involved might be appropriate. Small town , so you pass people in the street.
I'll watch with interest who mows the lawn ( grass )
It is also interesting the community facility. NEB umpires no home rooms after fire. Will they be training on the WJ 2020?
I hope so , maybe?

Last edited:

LeftyRighty

Rookie
Feb 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
bit sad if true reflection of the situation. The interesting line is " We have received advice etc" ?
What would the CC be doing to jeopardise the liquor licence? ( sadly all important to a sports club. Unless you have pokies )
Do the CC need someone licenced , and don't cover the various laws?
Would seem a rational meeting of the people involved might be appropriate. Small town , so you pass people in the street.
I'll watch with interest who mows the lawn ( grass )
It is also interesting the community facility. NEB umpires no home rooms after fire. Will they be training on the WJ 2020?
I hope so , maybe?

Knowing the president and a few of the committee of the cricket club, they were very strict on the running of the bar last year, they had a roster for people to run the bar at all times with RSA's. I think a couple of newbies on the Football club board have made the decision without thinking of the ramifications and the way it affects other clubs

RatherHaveABeer

Senior List
Sep 3, 2007
The Shire (Bag End)
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Donga Doggies

Interesting to read about liquor licensing for separate clubs sharing facilities. I wonder if the cricket club have their own licence or whether they just piggy back off the footy club’s?

Always two sides to every story, and I know that there was some disgruntled club members and committee at Rovers a few years back about the state of the social rooms after the cricket club used them, and the minimal contribution to facility upkeep and improvement provided on their part. They are footy club owned and built resources after all and I guess there is only so much blood a leech can suck before it gets flicked off.

Considering the president runs some pretty successful hotel/motels in the North East-Border I reckon she would have a fair idea of their liabilities when it comes to liquor licensing. Having said all that I am not privy to what has gone on behind the scenes but just a different perspective on the issue I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

full on the fence

Team Captain
Nov 20, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton

Interesting to read about liquor licensing for separate clubs sharing facilities. I wonder if the cricket club have their own licence or whether they just piggy back off the footy club’s?

Always two sides to every story, and I know that there was some disgruntled club members and committee at Rovers a few years back about the state of the social rooms after the cricket club used them, and the minimal contribution to facility upkeep and improvement provided on their part. They are footy club owned and built resources after all and I guess there is only so much blood a leech can suck before it gets flicked off.

Considering the president runs some pretty successful hotel/motels in the North East-Border I reckon she would have a fair idea of their liabilities when it comes to liquor licensing. Having said all that I am not privy to what has gone on behind the scenes but just a different perspective on the issue I guess

and the minimal contribution to facility upkeep and improvement provided on their part
I know the CC contributed $5000 towards Split systems a few years back..

They are footy club owned and built resources after all and I guess there is only so much blood a leech can suck before it gets flicked off.
They are a footy club that know call themselves a Sports Club so they will have to put up with a few more "leech's" if thats the case or just go back to being the Rovers Football/netball club

Outside the sq

Senior List
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
and the minimal contribution to facility upkeep and improvement provided on their part
I know the CC contributed $5000 towards Split systems a few years back..

They are footy club owned and built resources after all and I guess there is only so much blood a leech can suck before it gets flicked off.
They are a footy club that know call themselves a Sports Club so they will have to put up with a few more "leech's" if thats the case or just go back to being the Rovers Football/netball club

Speaking of leeches , I hope I haven't opened a can of worms. ( small town , you pass each other ) . ( 2 heads ) Sadly people over the years I have noticed , get to the head of ( any ) organisation , and get ahead of themselves? Sporting clubs just 1. (city or rural councils? ) The big "C" is cancer ( health and social ) , the small "c" is common sense? May lower case prevail.

cheer_cheer

Team Captain
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Knowing the president and a few of the committee of the cricket club, they were very strict on the running of the bar last year, they had a roster for people to run the bar at all times with RSA's. I think a couple of newbies on the Football club board have made the decision without thinking of the ramifications and the way it affects other clubs
I'm sure the cricket club president won't be too concerned about this, as long as there is tea and coffee making facilities he'll be happy

On CPH1851 using BigFooty.com mobile app

FootyFanatic14

Debutant
Nov 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Speaking of leeches , I hope I haven't opened a can of worms. ( small town , you pass each other ) . ( 2 heads ) Sadly people over the years I have noticed , get to the head of ( any ) organisation , and get ahead of themselves? Sporting clubs just 1. (city or rural councils? ) The big "C" is cancer ( health and social ) , the small "c" is common sense? May lower case prevail.

Sorry what?

jarrett_jones

Draftee
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Not sure on your facts here, the president isn’t the owner of the hotels. The hotel owner is just paying the bills...

And the state of the rooms “a few years back” what about the previous season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back