Lavington
Albury
Wodonga Raiders
Wangaratta
Wang Rovers
Nth Albury
Corowa
Wodonga

I am basing Myrtleford’s position on them recruiting Taylor Hunt as the rumours suggest. They will have added 2 AFL Players with 50 games (Dawson Simpson) and 100 games (Hunt). Simpson will be unbelievable at this level.
Yarrawonga will also improve significantly. They have recruited two absolute Gun VFL Players as well as Sam Schulz who has played a game at the highest level. They get Whiley and Bonet back from injury more regularly and their 3rds kids from the last few seasons will be cherry ripe to be top liners.
It will be a raffle at the top to be honest and wouldn’t be surprised if Albury add to their list in the next two months.
The reason why I put Raiders ahead of Wang was because Raiders will add to their main deficiency which was Full Forward with Jydon Neagle coming back. They would also hope to get more out of Avard this season.
I just suspect Wang could slide a fraction. Only a hunch but it will be amazingly close from 1st to 7th. There will be some cracking games.
Corowa seem like they are spending a fortune to lure District players but I personally wonder what the point is if in such a tough season.
Nth Albury seem to be going about it ok. Buiilding a good culture of juniors and topping up slowly.
Wodonga will be the worst team fielded in O&M History.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s get this page moving.
My stab at the ladder -
Myrtleford
Yarrawonga
Lavington
Albury
Wodonga Raiders
Wangaratta
Wang Rovers
Nth Albury
Corowa
Wodonga

I am basing Myrtleford’s position on them recruiting Taylor Hunt as the rumours suggest. They will have added 2 AFL Players with 50 games (Dawson Simpson) and 100 games (Hunt). Simpson will be unbelievable at this level.
Yarrawonga will also improve significantly. They have recruited two absolute Gun VFL Players as well as Sam Schulz who has played a game at the highest level. They get Whiley and Bonet back from injury more regularly and their 3rds kids from the last few seasons will be cherry ripe to be top liners.
It will be a raffle at the top to be honest and wouldn’t be surprised if Albury add to their list in the next two months.
The reason why I put Raiders ahead of Wang was because Raiders will add to their main deficiency which was Full Forward with Jydon Neagle coming back. They would also hope to get more out of Avard this season.
I just suspect Wang could slide a fraction. Only a hunch but it will be amazingly close from 1st to 7th. There will be some cracking games.
Corowa seem like they are spending a fortune to lure District players but I personally wonder what the point is if in such a tough season.
Nth Albury seem to be going about it ok. Buiilding a good culture of juniors and topping up slowly.
Is the thought behind magpies falling and Albury holding based on previous experience of Albury bringing in recruits? Currently neither have added much?

Is the thought behind magpies falling and Albury holding based on previous experience of Albury bringing in recruits? Currently neither have added much?
Yes that’s right. Wangs coach said he wasn’t going to bring in any big recruits and concentrate on kids but on the other hand I don’t think Albury will sit still with the threat of dropping down the ladder.

would be interesting to know more about your opinion of the ladder fruit,
Yarra were a long way off the top sides last year, Myrtleford improved but can’t see them jumping to the best side in the comp. Wang haven’t lost enough to see them sliding that far down, I would still have them top 2. Lavingtons outs will hurt them but still quality but agree with the bottom sides!

Yes that’s right. Wangs coach said he wasn’t going to bring in any big recruits and concentrate on kids but on the other hand I don’t think Albury will sit still with the threat of dropping down the ladder.

My stab at the ladder -
Myrtleford
Yarrawonga
Lavington
Albury
Wodonga Raiders
Wangaratta
Wang Rovers
Nth Albury
Corowa
Wodonga

Bonat won't play. He is cooked. Surgeons saying so.

would be interesting to know more about your opinion of the ladder fruit,
Yarra were a long way off the top sides last year, Myrtleford improved but can’t see them jumping to the best side in the comp. Wang haven’t lost enough to see them sliding that far down, I would still have them top 2. Lavingtons outs will hurt them but still quality but agree with the bottom sides!
I have based Myrtleford on top because they will add 3 players with AFL Experience to an already good Side next season. 2 of them have played a lot of AFL footy.
Yarra have added similar class at the top of their list and I just think their kids will really jump ahead. I do note now that magnets has posted that Bonet won’t play. I was banking on him playing when I thought of their ladder position.

The Border Mail are running with quotes of the year today. While I don’t think Yack should clear Castles to Corowa, I’d love to see how he goes after reading this rippa from him again -“I still think I will kick 60 plus (Goals) easy but it will be interesting having 2 big roosters in the same pen”.

My stab at the ladder -
Myrtleford
Yarrawonga
Lavington
Albury
Wodonga Raiders
Wangaratta
Wang Rovers
Nth Albury
Corowa
Wodonga

everyone entitled to their own opinion but it's a 7 horse race with nth, corowa and wodonga going to be well of the pace, nearly impossible to set a ladder prediction from 1-7 but worth a crack

Lavington
Myrtleford
Wang Rovers
Wangaratta
Yarrawonga
Albury
Raiders
Corowa
Nth Albury
Bye week
Wodonga

everyone entitled to their own opinion but it's a 7 horse race with nth, corowa and wodonga going to be well of the pace, nearly impossible to set a ladder prediction from 1-7 but worth a crack

Lavington
Myrtleford
Wang Rovers
Wangaratta
Yarrawonga
Albury
Raiders
Corowa
Nth Albury
Bye week
Wodonga

Without knowing the final team list for each club at this early stage I predict the following ladder, but are sure this will change when i see the final team list ,,, thus predict now and predict again in March .. lol

Lavington
Wangaratta
Albury
Myrtleford
Rovers
Yarra
Raiders
North
Corowa
Wodonga.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back