Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The Wang Rovers Senior Netball coaching job was advertised on the Facebook Page recently. Mrs Crezza had been appointed the néw coach prior to this. Why has she stepped down before starting?

I can see netball being in a tough spot next year across the whole state. The impact covid is going to have on football has been discussed but for me it will hit netball like a tonne of bricks. A lot of women who don’t get paid finding other things to do with their time, deciding to start a family or spend more time away with family could all have huge impacts. Not the $$ to drag them back like there is in football. Would make coaching and being competitive even harder for some clubs

I can see netball being in a tough spot next year across the whole state. The impact covid is going to have on football has been discussed but for me it will hit netball like a tonne of bricks. A lot of women who don’t get paid finding other things to do with their time, deciding to start a family or spend more time away with family could all have huge impacts. Not the $$ to drag them back like there is in football. Would make coaching and being competitive even harder for some clubs
Why?

Netballers are no different to footballers

Your assumptions are imo miles off the mark

I literally stated reasons why.
None if those reasons have any validity imo
Netball at a decent level

Coaching is easy, you have a team of 10/11, dedicated to one cause.
A good coach never allows the individual to determine an outcome
At OM or GVFL the best team wins, not the team with the "best" player

Thats my opinion on netball

Love playing
Play for next to nothing unless elite
Traditionally less likely to travel to play

None if those reasons have any validity imo
Netball at a decent level

Coaching is easy, you have a team of 10/11, dedicated to one cause.
A good coach never allows the individual to determine an outcome
At OM or GVFL the best team wins, not the team with the "best" player

Thats my opinion on netball

Love playing
Play for next to nothing unless elite
Traditionally less likely to travel to play

Fair enough, not sure I agree entirely but we can all have an opinion. Happy to take it on board!

All teams started pre season yet? Are the NSWs getting an advantage and head start on Vics with ability to train in bigger groups etc?

ummh ,, this has happened before with cresswell ..
From what I’m hearing Cresswell is coaching rovers in 2021 then moving to Noosa where he bought a house around 2 years ago.As far a senior coaching positions being available,Bovalino at Noosa is locked in but reckon Cadzow at Maroochydore hailing his final year at the Healm in 21 so I’m sure the feelers will go out.Caloundra,Nambour and Gympie all in lower tier comps so not sure someone of cresswells Ilk would be interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Miles will come in and be an absolute ball magnet

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hope Dawson Simpson and Ben Reid play well but they’ve come into the league with battered bodies. Miles comes in with tons of run still in the legs. He should absolutely dominate.

I hope Dawson Simpson and Ben Reid play well but they’ve come into the league with battered bodies. Miles comes in with tons of run still in the legs. He should absolutely dominate.

Dawson Simpson will be amazing and a year off should freshen him up. Will definitely be trying to find an opportunity to come across to see him play.

Surely Reid just plays out of the goal square?

Have a Luke Morgan showing interest in Noosas assistant coaChing role! Yet to see his resume’ but know he was captain coach of the magpies and was moved on! Obviously can play but just wonder why he was moved on?

Have a Luke Morgan showing interest in Noosas assistant coaChing role! Yet to see his resume’ but know he was captain coach of the magpies and was moved on! Obviously can play but just wonder why he was moved on?

wasn’t it because they could only afford a non playing coach with the new salary cap?

Can coach..has coached a flag in the Goulburn Valley league with Benalla and also has coached the GV inter league side.

Nothing too sinister in the Magpies thing other than affordability as stated above.

More than qualified for an assistant coaching role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back