Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Player points value should definitely go down next year even if there is no play. Guys have committed to the club, and if they stay put for season 2021, the clubs should be rewarded, if points stay the same it’s only going to delay the equalisation.
Doesnt make a difference if players play five games or not, it’s a pointless condition.
You’re coming out of a comp that is so unbalanced in regards to the evenness of the comp it will ruin it. You talk of delaying equalisation is utter crap. The ovens and Murray last season was the most even it had been, bar 3 sides, in recent years. Your brown and gold club has gone out and tried to sign as many players as they possibly can to try and beat a system which is working and now your complaining about it. It is designed reward loyalty to clubs with recruiting and development of juniors. Those two are unfortunately two traits that are not seen at your club. Don’t be bitter about it.

You’re coming out of a comp that is so unbalanced in regards to the evenness of the comp it will ruin it. You talk of delaying equalisation is utter crap. The ovens and Murray last season was the most even it had been, bar 3 sides, in recent years. Your brown and gold club has gone out and tried to sign as many players as they possibly can to try and beat a system which is working and now your complaining about it. It is designed reward loyalty to clubs with recruiting and development of juniors. Those two are unfortunately two traits that are not seen at your club. Don’t be bitter about it.
Some comps were far more lopsided when the cap and points were introduced, so of course it’s going to take longer to equalise, it will eventually work.
If a player committed to a club for the 2020 season and no games are played, why shouldn’t their value go down next year if they stay put? Isn’t that rewarding loyalty?
Makes sense why clubs like Myrtleford don’t want to go ahead this year, money, money, money, and no one wanting to take a pay cut.

Last edited:

Eastern football league and Northern football league out of Melbourne have both pulled the pin on their comps for 2020. It’s hard to go ahead in metro area’s, and more leagues will follow this route and call it quits.

Will the ovens and Murray do the same?

Might be easier to recruit out of Melbourne if they are willing to travel cheap.

all clearances should be stopped immediately if you have signed you stay
I completely disagree, why should a player sit out the year if they don’t have to? If players choose to leave because of the chance to actually play this year then they should just give their word they’ll return.
The incentive to not leave, will be your individual player points decreasing.
Make a choice.

I completely disagree, why should a player sit out the year if they don’t have to? If players choose to leave because of the chance to actually play this year then they should just give their word they’ll return.
Make a choice.
I dont think giving a club your 'word' goes very far these days, you cant gurantee players will return back to their home club

Make a choice.

Go and recruit blokes that had no intention of playing with your club until their club had pulled the pin..so guys that had been training and waiting and doing the right thing miss out on playing to these blow ins..good way to ruin your club..

Oh hang on that sounds familiar :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Go and recruit blokes that had no intention of playing with your club until their club had pulled the pin..so guys that had been training and waiting and doing the right thing miss out on playing to these blow ins..good way to ruin your club..

Oh hang on that sounds familiar :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Under these circumstances it’s a bit different. It’s not about clubs topping up and leaving others out, it’s about players just wanting to play some footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell no, if my league was cancelled and I had the opportunity to play elsewhere I’d be gone in a heartbeat. Why waste a super long preseason? If it’s too hard for some, go where they are willing to make it work.
I agree. If TDFL doesn't get up, and O&M does, i'll be making myself available if anyone is going to be short in the 2s!

Any other clubs sulking about possible play going ahead this season, other than Myrtleford and Wodonga?
Both Wang sides keen, also both Albury sides and Lavi up and about.
Ovens and king were premature in their decision, infuriates me that clubs like Milawa voted for no play, just because greedy players weren’t willing to take cuts. It’s imperative guys take big cuts for it to be viable.

Motivation for Almond wouldn’t have wavered since pre season.
He is meticulous in everything he does and one of the most passionate Coaches around.
There is a succession plan in place and he’s coaching a side who will likely win 1-2 games, must be more passionate than I realised if the drive hasn’t wavered.

Balls are flying around and getting most of the list at training, morale couldn’t be any higher down at John Foord Oval. The list will shape up nicely if all goes to plan.
I’m looking forward to checking out the Castles and Cupido combo, Castles has been far and away the best forward in the tdfl for a fair while now, poor delivery in losing sides and still kicks 100 plus, hopefully he doesn’t back flip on the move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back