Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

TBA I think, Sinclair was worried that it could be less than GV's though.
Not sure why Sinclair is so worried about being equal to GV. Clubs are battling financially big time so if the expensive players go to another league, let the clubs in that league go broke. Let’s get back to playing more locals.

Surely no one is buying the salary cap excuse??
Hearing Stone back as coach and they are wanting to bring in either Ben Reid or Lyndon Dunn or both...
few cashed up pies pulling their stacks if stone gets another look in without the club exploring other options such as vfl coaches who have recently lost their jobs. they would be silly not to look elsewhere first. both wang clubs in ties with reid, which will come out on top probably will come down to who reid likes better kelly or gaston

Looks like they got this pretty right in terms of cap and points interpretation. Looks like a push for clubs to develop from within. Will there be a TAC/NAB league? Or will we see clubs showcasing their potential draftees into the late game?

On a side note, as a Wang enthusiast.. I would like to thank Luke Morgan for his stint as the senior coach. He was great dealing with players/fans/sponsors and parents showing his class and respect for all. Wish all the best going forward to one of footy true nice guys.

Anyone got any mail on new coaches?
Wang have obviously got options but what about Wodonga, Nth Albury and Corowa. Those 3 would be very tough gigs to take on.

Anyone got any mail on new coaches?
Wang have obviously got options but what about Wodonga, Nth Albury and Corowa. Those 3 would be very tough gigs to take on.

I think someone said it in this chat before, but North are waiting for the AFL season to finish, so that they have an idea on who is leaving the system and give themselves the best chance at getting the right person in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like they got this pretty right in terms of cap and points interpretation. Looks like a push for clubs to develop from within. Will there be a TAC/NAB league? Or will we see clubs showcasing their potential draftees into the late game?

On a side note, as a Wang enthusiast.. I would like to thank Luke Morgan for his stint as the senior coach. He was great dealing with players/fans/sponsors and parents showing his class and respect for all. Wish all the best going forward to one of footy true nice guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So as a Wang enthusiast do you support the decision by the club to sack Morgan ?

I understand the decision.. 50% of his wage going into what is now a lower lower salary cap made it hard to hold onto him. Played some pretty good games, but when you are taking that much of the cap you need to be a match winner on a regular basis. However abit more finesse could have been used in the act of moving him on by most reports....

I understand the decision.. 50% of his wage going into what is now a lower lower salary cap made it hard to hold onto him. Played some pretty good games, but when you are taking that much of the cap you need to be a match winner on a regular basis. However abit more finesse could have been used in the act of moving him on by most reports....

For what it’s worth I agree with the decision. Not sure there is an easy way to sack anyone in any circumstances So I don’t envy the guys that made the decision or those who had to carry it out .
A good player but getting on and lacked the on field presence of a Curtis or Sharp .

I still don’t see how this has anything to do with the cap. Going off what Morgan said on the news he was never offered a reduced contract.

While I don't know the intimate details... I believe his contract would have to shrink by 60% for the amount going into the cap to reflect what the hierarchy believe he's worth as a player.. would have been borderline demeaning to put that offer in front of the lad.
My biggest issue is that half of the footy world knew he was out of the job before he actualy did.

While I don't know the intimate details... I believe his contract would have to shrink by 60% for the amount going into the cap to reflect what the hierarchy believe he's worth as a player.. would have been borderline demeaning to put that offer in front of the lad.
My biggest issue is that half of the footy world knew he was out of the job before he actualy did.
He had been a good player. Won the Morrison in the GV by plenty of votes about 10 years back. Was GV playing coach near the end of his stint at Benalla. Players from top sides like Kyabram didn't want anything to do with his program. He would end up selecting 7-8 Benalla blokes plus himself. Was well past his best as a player when he left the GV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back