Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

If the lockdown eases, would Friday night training/play Sunday be a viable option for this weekend? I understand clubs have juniors etc, but we need to be flexible to get footy up and going again. Could be a great opportunity for a gala day type set up with those with junior footy.

If the lockdown eases, would Friday night training/play Sunday be a viable option for this weekend? I understand clubs have juniors etc, but we need to be flexible to get footy up and going again. Could be a great opportunity for a gala day type set up with those with junior footy.
Sounds like a great idea but the O&M have already declared that there will be no games this weekend as well haven’t they?

Sounds like a great idea but the O&M have already declared that there will be no games this weekend as well haven’t they?
I wasn't aware of that. Johnston leaving Lavington will hurt them, also hearing another premiership forward in Flagg has gone as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the O&M resumes next weekend and people living in Melbourne are still unable to travel out of the city which clubs will this impact the most? Will anyone try any tricks to get around it.

If the O&M resumes next weekend and people living in Melbourne are still unable to travel out of the city which clubs will this impact the most? Will anyone try any tricks to get around it.

I have a feeling community sport might be out for a little while yet.
In the case there is a possibility of playing, not sure the O&M will allow the league to push through if Melbourne based players can’t play ... Border Mail stated there’s over 60 players that travel up every week.
Also clubs won’t play if crowds aren’t permitted... which imo is still a long while off yet. The state would need a weeks worth of 0 community cases to even contemplate crowds back at footy. How would clubs survive without them if they were asked to play on.

I have a feeling community sport might be out for a little while yet.
In the case there is a possibility of playing, not sure the O&M will allow the league to push through if Melbourne based players can’t play ... Border Mail stated there’s over 60 players that travel up every week.
Also clubs won’t play if crowds aren’t permitted... which imo is still a long while off yet. The state would need a weeks worth of 0 community cases to even contemplate crowds back at footy. How would clubs survive without them if they were asked to play on.
I am more positive. Herald Sun reporting that the 2 cases supposedly caused by people just walking past each other are now false positive. Those cases were the biggest reason for the extra lockdown.

I imagine all clubs would be heavily affected by this, except nth and maybe wodonga being so young. all the top 6 clubs would have 5-10 travellers each week

I imagine all clubs would be heavily affected by this, except nth and maybe wodonga being so young. all the top 6 clubs would have 5-10 travellers each week
The Corowa v Rovers game and Albury v Myrtleford game might be interesting.
Not sure which Albury and Rovers players travel from Melbourne but if it’s significantly more than the opposition it might be a chance for an upset.
The whole situation makes the next few weeks more interesting.

The Corowa v Rovers game and Albury v Myrtleford game might be interesting.
Not sure which Albury and Rovers players travel from Melbourne but if it’s significantly more than the opposition it might be a chance for an upset.
The whole situation makes the next few weeks more interesting.
myrtleford have quite a lot of melb based players they would be heavily affected, i imagine rovers would be at more of a disadvantage then corowa, don't know many of the recruits german bought in are based out of

also with no vfl getting played in the near future and games to be played in nsw rovers still have hebron, thorne, mcfayden, thynne, cornish, mantiet not stuck in melb. I imagine other clubs will also be looking at vfl clubs north of the boarder or maybe even g&v players who live in the border bubble, I imagine there will be a lot of perments and cleareances going through before the deadline.

also with no vfl getting played in the near future and games to be played in nsw rovers still have hebron, thorne, mcfayden, thynne, cornish, mantiet not stuck in melb. I imagine other clubs will also be looking at vfl clubs north of the boarder or maybe even g&v players who live in the border bubble, I imagine there will be a lot of perments and cleareances going through before the deadline.

the VFL teams not in Vic were going to continue to play I had heard

Sounds like the first couple of rounds back will be all played in NSW? No Melbourne players,
Where do you find 10 blokes in June/July to fill in for for footy sides.

Did the league let clubs know at the start of the year that they'd go on without Melbourne players, I'm sure clubs would have recruited differently.

What's the rush to play?

Sounds like the first couple of rounds back will be all played in NSW? No Melbourne players,
Where do you find 10 blokes in June/July to fill in for for footy sides.

Did the league let clubs know at the start of the year that they'd go on without Melbourne players, I'm sure clubs would have recruited differently.

What's the rush to play?
plenty of players in ovens and king and tdfl that could play twos... those leagues won't start back up for a couple weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back