Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Not back to Corowa? Albury wouldn't have enough points!

Played all his juniors at Yarrawonga and Lavington I’m Pretty sure. Only reason he left Lavi was I think there was a fallout with his old man (if I remember correctly) which made him go to the Roos and I think played 1 game all up. So he will most likely go to the club that can offer the best for his future. I’d presume it would be Albury.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Played all his juniors at Yarrawonga and Lavington I’m Pretty sure. Only reason he left Lavi was I think there was a fallout with his old man (if I remember correctly) which made him go to the Roos and I think played 1 game all up. So he will most likely go to the club that can offer the best for his future. I’d presume it would be Albury.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Youd hope for the comp he goes to Corowa or Lavington

Yeah agree JJ is well past his best. Bad trainer and lazy. Don't think he'll be driving an hour each way 2-3 nights a week for training. Hardly trained at Thurgoona lol
Heard he lives in Corowa with Rose. Strong mail despite the paper spin Curtis and Lavington split wasn't as amicable as reported. Can't remember the name (a couple,to many froths) but a regular senior Wodonga player gone to BB Saints. I know that is vague, but someone may know who. Dogs need to keep all their regulars to keep building. They have however signed Osborne star Mick Driscoll. Albury are maxed out with points in regards to Garthwaite, as I heard they were into a returning Bushranger but can't fit him in.

Last edited:
Everything i have head out of Lavi is that Curtis was carrying on like a real utensil head, so no wonder they dumped him before the season was even over.
Albury adding Brodie Avard would have nearly chewed up their remaining points.
North hopefull to get the signature of two blokes who will be walk up starters in the interleague side.

If you could get a game in Richmond's side over the last few years, you're going to be a massive get in the O&m, don't think he was a Charlie Manson type, who actually was a realible kick despite his awkward style
Kicking action isn't perfect but hits the target. All in all quite a good player if you've spent the last 5 years with a team as dominant as Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norman pumping up some very mediocre young footballers from wangaratta in bordermail, hope they can get those 3 high profile recruits he speaks of though.
Didn't see the article, what did he say? Also haven't heard much about those Wang boys. Do you think they have a chance at becoming senior O&M players?

Going from a club that is regarded in the bottom one or two for how they have developed talent over the last four years. Too a multiple year SANFL coach with a passion for getting the best out ofyoung blokes I think the two Wang boys will improve alot. Ramage is physical ready for senior footy but there's abit of work to be done, will play the majority of games. Dale has alot of potential if his commitment match's his self confidence he could be a good O&M key position player in afew years time.
Will Reily to Myrtleford?

Didn't see the article, what did he say? Also haven't heard much about those Wang boys. Do you think they have a chance at becoming senior O&M players?
They will play seniors there next year, ramages only senior game in 2019 was against nth and wouldn't see him playing seniors in any other side, dale as macgyver points out has potential which is true and could be a good footballer but has a long way to go

They will play seniors there next year, ramages only senior game in 2019 was against nth and wouldn't see him playing seniors in any other side, dale as macgyver points out has potential which is true and could be a good footballer but has a long way to go
There's a guy called Ryan O'Sullivan, who was probably the best ruckman in country Victoria for the last 15 years. In the space of a season, he went from picked on the bench in Swan hill reserves to been cmfl interleague ruck, he's played safl, multiple league bnf, played in Darwin, so a lot can change pretty quick

Going from a club that is regarded in the bottom one or two for how they have developed talent over the last four years. Too a multiple year SANFL coach with a passion for getting the best out ofyoung blokes I think the two Wang boys will improve alot. Ramage is physical ready for senior footy but there's abit of work to be done, will play the majority of games. Dale has alot of potential if his commitment match's his self confidence he could be a good O&M key position player in afew years time.
Will Reily to Myrtleford?

Yep along with Sam Martyn From Benalla as well..

Saints looking solid

Always interested on what's going on at Corowa . A new Bordermail story on the Roos can someone put it up please
It's been revealed COVID has played a pivotal role in Corowa-Rutherglen's recent recruiting blitz.

The Roos signed former players and good mates Jy Lane, Will Robinson and Bill Hansen earlier this week.

Privately, some clubs suggest it's never been more difficult to recruit, either interstate or from the two Territories, given Victoria and NSW have been the hardest hit COVID states.

The Ovens and Murray has a split of six Victorian and four NSW teams respectively.

But the fact Victoria has had such extensive lockdown periods has worked in the Roos' favour.

I've barely seen my family during COVID and there's the opportunity to play under (brother) Joe as well, as captain, we're pretty close and we played a couple of years together and it will be good to see him regularly," Hansen offered.

The 24-year-old last played for the club in 2016, prior to a three-year stint with Bellarine League outfit Modewarre, where he won a flag in the middle season.

The 178cm rugged on-baller spent last season with Essendon District club Moonee Valley.

Lane and Robinson left the Roos after 2017 to join Newtown and Chilwell Football Cub in Geelong.

"A few stars aligned, it's an exciting time for the club and the town of Corowa and probably the biggest reason was getting to play with close mates, as well as in front of my family, I haven't been able to see them the last few years," Robinson suggested.

At 190cms and 88kgs, Robinson played either forward or on a wing.

Lane spent much of his time at Newtown at half-back.

"I just thought this year would be the year to do it," he revealed.

"I've always wanted to come back to Corowa, I feel like they're going well.

"I get to play with my mates and also see my family, I haven't been able to come home and see my family for a while."

The 22-year-old was troubled by knee and shoulder complaints, but Newtown team-mate Robinson says he still showed his ability in the powerful Geelong Football League.

"If Jy gets through unscathed and doesn't have any injuries like he's had the past few years, he's a top player and tore a few games apart down here," he explained.

The Roos recently welcomed back another former player in Callum Spencer, so they've not only gained a jump on the other clubs, but have set the template for attracting former players home during COVID.

"There's not much like playing for your home club really, especially a little town like Corowa, the footy club's the main hub of the town, we have great supporters every week and big grounds as well, the footy here is very congested and there's better weather," Robinson said.

It's been revealed COVID has played a pivotal role in Corowa-Rutherglen's recent recruiting blitz.

The Roos signed former players and good mates Jy Lane, Will Robinson and Bill Hansen earlier this week.

Privately, some clubs suggest it's never been more difficult to recruit, either interstate or from the two Territories, given Victoria and NSW have been the hardest hit COVID states.

The Ovens and Murray has a split of six Victorian and four NSW teams respectively.

But the fact Victoria has had such extensive lockdown periods has worked in the Roos' favour.

I've barely seen my family during COVID and there's the opportunity to play under (brother) Joe as well, as captain, we're pretty close and we played a couple of years together and it will be good to see him regularly," Hansen offered.

The 24-year-old last played for the club in 2016, prior to a three-year stint with Bellarine League outfit Modewarre, where he won a flag in the middle season.

The 178cm rugged on-baller spent last season with Essendon District club Moonee Valley.

Lane and Robinson left the Roos after 2017 to join Newtown and Chilwell Football Cub in Geelong.

"A few stars aligned, it's an exciting time for the club and the town of Corowa and probably the biggest reason was getting to play with close mates, as well as in front of my family, I haven't been able to see them the last few years," Robinson suggested.

At 190cms and 88kgs, Robinson played either forward or on a wing.

Lane spent much of his time at Newtown at half-back.

"I just thought this year would be the year to do it," he revealed.

"I've always wanted to come back to Corowa, I feel like they're going well.

"I get to play with my mates and also see my family, I haven't been able to come home and see my family for a while."

The 22-year-old was troubled by knee and shoulder complaints, but Newtown team-mate Robinson says he still showed his ability in the powerful Geelong Football League.

"If Jy gets through unscathed and doesn't have any injuries like he's had the past few years, he's a top player and tore a few games apart down here," he explained.

The Roos recently welcomed back another former player in Callum Spencer, so they've not only gained a jump on the other clubs, but have set the template for attracting former players home during COVID.

"There's not much like playing for your home club really, especially a little town like Corowa, the footy club's the main hub of the town, we have great supporters every week and big grounds as well, the footy here is very congested and there's better weather," Robinson said.
Thank you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back