Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
How long has the coached signed on for, hopefully 3 years to get some stability, where he can recruit a couple next year, after they get a year into their kids

In terms of the Club they say they are in the best financial position for the last 20 years, the juniors have the best numbers they’ve had in ages but I think this year has come down to some really really poor recruiting. The Club and the players have stuck pretty tight this year, I think they all knew it was going to be a tough year and the supporters have really gotten behind the younger playing group. They haven’t had the same luxuries as the other clubs with the council doing work on the ground, but the club have been doing what they can and hopefully the council are able to get a riggle on soon too and help them out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 5, 2004
Moving Around
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Avoca FNC, Ouyen Kangas FNC
Agree. I think the coach coach has signed for 2 years, if he goes then the club is in serious strife.

2 years. He is a good coach and fellow in a really tough gig. Baggerz is right they have stuck tight as a playing group but that can only go so far. The more the losses mount up the harder it gets. Morale and attitude can only take you so far.

Flagg's home club is the Northern Jets in the Farrer FNL. He planned to player there in 2020 when the O&M Season was cancelled.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cant read the article about Hodgkin, but does anyone know the reason he has stepped down and who will takeover?

It says he is stepping down at the end of this season for work reasons and he’s planning on playing at Raiders again next year.
He hopes they can find a good coach for next year in the next month.

benchwarmer101

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What's The go With Zach Leitch playing twos at wang? I actually thought he has been amongst their better players so far this year
I would think stone is just challenging him to be better, probably been complacent for the last 6 years with no competition for his ruck position so just wants him to know his spot isn't untouchable highly doubt he will be out of the side for long

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
There’s a story online in the Border Mail today about Daniels. Daniels saying he’s trying to work things out with travel. Rovers saying they won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave. Goneski

benchwarmer101

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There’s a story online in the Border Mail today about Daniels. Daniels saying he’s trying to work things out with travel. Rovers saying they won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave. Goneski
does look that way, cresswell set to sign on for another year as well doubt they would announce the decision to be public next week without positive news on the way

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Coming up in a couple of weeks might be the best round of football we have in the O&M for years.
Should be 4 competitive games and even if sometimes the winner looks obvious I don’t think the top sides will have it all their own way.
Lavi v Wang at Lavi. The Panthers desperately need to beat one of the big 3.
Myrtleford v Corowa at Myrtleford. The Saints are playing very ordinary and Corowa are pushing everyone.
Wang Rovers v Dogs looks to be the easiest to pick but Dogs have had a couple of competitive weeks in a row. Raiders v Albury in Wodonga. Think Albury will win comfortably but Raiders might hang around for a while.
Yarrawonga v Nth Albury. Too hard for the Hoppers.

Back