Omac

Remove this Banner Ad

Did this guy play in the second half?

Like an umpire if you don't notice him that's a good thing.

Poor crunt looked like he wanted to retire on the spot when Reid outmarked him early.

he was concussed and didn't play the last quarter.

Lot of questions on his confidence at the moment - needs a stint in the 2's to get some confidence back and fix up his structural work

Clearly playing with no confidence at the moment, which is a perfect recipe for a laconic defender like him to get caught being reactive. Needs a spell in the reserves. Reactions in here are reasonably strong, he improved (from a very low base) in 2017 and was actually good first half of last year and reasonable second half. That third tall spot will be a fair bit easier than what he and Frost are trying to do now, all to play for once the big two are back.

OMAC will play 250 games for the club and be one of our great defenders.
Heā€™s got good size and is quick. Will get better and better as he gets stronger.

He averages at least one falcon a week. He was bog average last night. needs a stint at casey for a while

Would do well to keep some clean sheets in the VFL and then come back with some confidence, but that can't happen until May is fit again. Unless they're ready to play Petty/Keilty as the second tall behind Frost lmao.

Would do well to keep some clean sheets in the VFL and then come back with some confidence, but that can't happen until May is fit again. Unless they're ready to play Petty/Keilty as the second tall behind Frost lmao.

Iā€™d genuinely prefer Petty or Keilty to OMac right now. Seriously, the guy is a good kick for his size and it ends there. He literally doesnā€™t do anything defensively overly well, donā€™t mean to lay the boot in but weā€™ve burnt 60 odd games trying to ā€˜developā€™ him and it cost us finals in 2017 and probably top 4 in 2018.

probably top 4 in 2018.
That's just ridiculous. Lever going down probably cost us top four, but who would have done better than O.McDonald? We trialled Petty once and he was terrible.

Iā€™d genuinely prefer Petty or Keilty to OMac right now. Seriously, the guy is a good kick for his size and it ends there. He literally doesnā€™t do anything defensively overly well, donā€™t mean to lay the boot in but weā€™ve burnt 60 odd games trying to ā€˜developā€™ him and it cost us finals in 2017 and probably top 4 in 2018.
Rubbish. There was an article mid way through the year on the afl website discussing him as possible all Australian. His first half of the year was extremely good. Which is where it should be now. Having lever next to him clearly helped him, since lever is extremely vocal. Its no excuse he has been woeful since then, as that's literally 20 games later. But to blame him for not making top 4 is utter bollocks. He's horribly out of form now and over the first 3 weeks, and most of the first half, the way the ball comes in makes it pretty hard to defend. The luxury former key defenders had a decade ago of niggling, holding or blocking has gone with the umpires rapid to blow the whistle on that now, so when the ball comes in cleanly what hope does anyone have? It makes most defenders look ordinary when it's one on one with a clean midfield break. It's no coincidence Hawkins mauled him late last year as our midfielders started taking it easy running defensively, same as last week and same as the weeks before.

I don't know if he plays 200 games, and the reality is that he will get dropped to break the cycle of poor form at the moment, but Christ it does my head in seeing posters blame this kid for things as if he personally stole their lunch money at school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. There was an article mid way through the year on the afl website discussing him as possible all Australian. His first half of the year was extremely good. Which is where it should be now. Having lever next to him clearly helped him, since lever is extremely vocal. Its no excuse he has been woeful since then, as that's literally 20 games later. But to blame him for not making top 4 is utter bollocks. He's horribly out of form now and over the first 3 weeks, and most of the first half, the way the ball comes in makes it pretty hard to defend. The luxury former key defenders had a decade ago of niggling, holding or blocking has gone with the umpires rapid to blow the whistle on that now, so when the ball comes in cleanly what hope does anyone have? It makes most defenders look ordinary when it's one on one with a clean midfield break. It's no coincidence Hawkins mauled him late last year as our midfielders started taking it easy running defensively, same as last week and same as the weeks before.

I don't know if he plays 200 games, and the reality is that he will get dropped to break the cycle of poor form at the moment, but Christ it does my head in seeing posters blame this kid for things as if he personally stole their lunch money at school.

Not blaming the player himself, it was the decision to cut Dunn to play OMAc more that was clearly an error.

Not blaming the player himself, it was the decision to cut Dunn to play OMAc more that was clearly an error.
Dunn was not very good for us towards the end, and there was a reason he was down at Casey. I doubt he'd would have had the same resurgence at the Dees that he did at a struggling (at the time) Collingwood

Rubbish. There was an article mid way through the year on the afl website discussing him as possible all Australian. His first half of the year was extremely good. Which is where it should be now. Having lever next to him clearly helped him, since lever is extremely vocal.

Wouldnt have even been 5th in line to be AA last year. I'd love to see that article, a single article by a journalist has no more credibility than a big footy poster.

Rance, Grimes, Talia, McGovern, Andrews, Stewart, Tarrant, Barass, Jonas

That's a list of players he has never belonged in.

There is actually time for him to right the ship, but so far this year and too frequently last season heā€™s just been absolutely rubbish.
I get that I hate him more than most but what do people see as his ceiling? Even full of confidence I saw him as average at best. To play forward or back now you need to be an elite athlete or an amazing reader of play. I don't see either in him.

I get that I hate him more than most but what do people see as his ceiling? Even full of confidence I saw him as average at best. To play forward or back now you need to be an elite athlete or an amazing reader of play. I don't see either in him.
Iā€™m actually not trolling. I really rate OMAC. He has got good size, isnā€™t slow (despite looking laconic sometimes), is very courageous, uses the ball pretty well and has got good hands. Iā€™m serious when I say I think heā€™ll be a 250 game player for the club. My comparison with Doull is that I think he will be the same low profile, unassuming player that just keeps getting the job done. I get that he might be out of form, it happens, but I really think heā€™s going to be a key piece in us being a strong club for the next decade.

Iā€™m actually not trolling. I really rate OMAC. He has got good size, isnā€™t slow (despite looking laconic sometimes), is very courageous, uses the ball pretty well and has got good hands. Iā€™m serious when I say I think heā€™ll be a 250 game player for the club. My comparison with Doull is that I think he will be the same low profile, unassuming player that just keeps getting the job done. I get that he might be out of form, it happens, but I really think heā€™s going to be a key piece in us being a strong club for the next decade.

But people think you are trolling because even his fans would admit he's horribly slow.

If you think he isn't slow you need to watch more games Tempy. He doesn't have great hands either, the bloke doesn't even try and take intercept marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back