Welcome DONE DEAL- O'meara being held over a barrel by that stain of a human

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After this season I'd offer Lewis in a trade tbh.

Lewis had a great season and is probably our next captain. He had an ordinary last game but surely your memory is longer than that? What you'd get for a player that old is probably not worth the psychological scare of trading a leader out of the club.

Lewis had a great season and is probably our next captain. He had an ordinary last game but surely your memory is longer than that? What you'd get for a player that old is probably not worth the psychological scare of trading a leader out of the club.

A great season? You think? He had a few good games and was almost dropped by Clarke earlier in the year. The last month or so he's looked even slower than usual. Love the guy, but wondering where his best position is now. (Besides 3rd man up)

If GC would take him with a draft pick for OMeara it's so long Jordy and enjoy the GC lifestyle and retirement package.

Won't happen though. Too many people in here are far to attached to our players, we have to start changing them over.

Lewis is now too old to be our next captain. We should look to next generation now.

A great season? You think? He had a few good games and was almost dropped by Clarke earlier in the year. The last month or so he's looked even slower than usual. Love the guy, but wondering where his best position is now. (Besides 3rd man up)

If GC would take him with a draft pick for OMeara it's so long Jordy and enjoy the GC lifestyle and retirement package.

Won't happen though. Too many people in here are far to attached to our players, we have to start changing them over.

In 2016 had his best season for number of tackles, and was on par with his best season for disposals and rebound 50's. In a number of games, was our best midfielder. Was exceptional last year and not on that pace this year but don't underestimate how good he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we don't give up more than a late 1st round pick for O'Meara. Potential is exciting, but it seems that patella injuries like his can be very hard to completely recover from (just read Buckenara's 'buyer beware' article on O'Meara based on his own experience with the injury, and perhaps that has made me more pessimistic that I should be). O'Meara had 3 games back in the seconds before he went back for another clean up last month after displaying knee soreness again, and averaged 16 possessions. Ok, so he's missed a heap of footy before those games, but we are essentially making a decision based on form shown several years ago for a guy who has suffered a very serious injury since that form.

I guess if the medical staff is completely confident in the knee, his recent setback might make it easier to get him for less than if he'd got back in the GC seniors, but it seems a big risk. I'm sure the GC fitness staff thought he was looking good before the knee soreness came up again after his recent reserves games. I'm not sure how our fitness staff can be 100% sure he's not going to have ongoing issues, given the experiences others have had. Is there an example of a player that had this injury and got back to their best afterwards? We are not even sure what O'Meara's best will look like so far, given he was still on an early development trajectory when the knee first broke down.

I know we managed Silk very well with his injury, but I assume his issue was different to the patella issue O'Meara has? The difference there is that Silk was a fully developed player before his knee issues, so they didn't impact his development, this is clearly not the case with O'Meara.

Ultimately , I trust the medical staff, but it does make me nervous given GC's posturing on playing hardball. On the other hand, having a mid that is elite both inside and outside and also has breakaway speed is something we haven't really seen for a long time at Hawthorn (Rioli probably closest we have, but sadly hasn't been able to be used as a fulltime mid), and those type of players are fun to watch, so I really hope this can work out well for both him and us.

I don't want JOM if it's going to cost punky
Bring in a third party like freo (Barlow) or port (Hartlett) and then give GC our 1st

Deal done

We wont give up anywhere near that amount, Hill plus this and next years first round would be enough to land both Mitchell and O'Meara.
I fear you are mistaken but I hope you're right.
Im thinking two of: Breust/Sheils/Langford/Sicily
With draft picks going every which way.
I've also heard things that make me think we will be losing even more players but getting Fyfe.

I've also heard things that make me think we will be losing even more players but getting Fyfe.
If we are lsoing 4 players like that we'd want to be getting fyfe! I dont think we will be giving up that calibre. Breust and Shiels for Injured omeara and tom mitch? No way. Luckily we have an extremely good list manager who knows what we need in certain parts of the ground for our game plan to work. I would say Sis and Sheils are certain no goes.

Had an O'Meara-esque injury myself, extremely hard to come back from, even if the knee is fully functional you have to manage soreness stringently anyway. I'll back our medical team to get him up though. as many others have said, if we didn't think we could get him right, we wouldn't be interested.

Langford is worth nothing, Sicily would fetch nothing more than a early third round pick, Shiels is the same level of Mitchell so pointless having him in the trade, as for Breust we knocked back 2 first round picks for him he's untouchable unless he wants out.

People keep over valuing JOM his knees are potentially shot, given what we paid for Burgoyne pick 12 and a shuffle of later picks would be in the ball park.

Sicily should not be traded…..players like Shoenmakers Whitecross Hartung should be considered for trading along with draft picks for omeara and tom mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back