Omeara how many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked like the Cotchin/Shiel 2017 PF incident. If they’re consistent in their interpretation, then it won’t be looked at any further.
Pretty similar, neither went past the ball to make contact and both were going the ball. Shiel didnt go off with a concussion though which will go against o'meara.

Rules changed a lot in 4 years though as well so I dont think we can look at things 4 years ago as precedents.

AFL's reverse engineering:

1. A player was concussed

2. We are shiit-scared of future class-action lawsuits and multi-million dollar payouts

3. Our lawyers say we must DO SOMETHING in order to "prove" we aren't negligent towards players

4. Is the protagonist one of the Brownlow favourites?

5. Does he play for Sydney or GWS?

6. If "no" to the last 2 questions, what penalty would generate the least amount of criticism from the clubs & media?

7. Once the penalty has been decided, consult the set-penalty tables and work backwards to find the appropriate charge

8. send email to Michael Christian with the details for him to release to the media.

Last edited:
Basically exact same as Selwood on Mansell, and Thomas on Jiath.

0. Not even a fine.

O'Meara attacked the ball with a safer technique for his own personal safety. Yes he has a duty of care for Hayward, but he also has a duty of care for himself. Just as Hayward has a duty of care for his own protection too.

Don't lead with the head ffs.

Looked like the Cotchin/Shiel 2017 PF incident. If they’re consistent in their interpretation, then it won’t be looked at any further.
Pretty similar, neither went past the ball to make contact and both were going the ball. Shiel didnt go off with a concussion though which will go against o'meara.

Rules changed a lot in 4 years though as well so I dont think we can look at things 4 years ago as precedents.

Got 2 incidents this year with precedent in my mind to say it should be 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be interesting to see what happens to the Adelaide player from last night. Almost identical scenario, if the right call is made, he gets off like O'Meara. Will be a real test of Christian's consistency.
Omeara didn’t hit the swans player in the head. Mackay did. Not that I feel Mackay should get weeks. But there is a pretty big difference between the two.

not sure how many times this has to be written.

Omeara didn’t hit the swans player in the head. Mackay did. Not that I feel Mackay should get weeks. But there is a pretty big difference between the two.

not sure how many times this has to be written.
There is a clear head clash between O'Meara and Hayward. You can write it as many times as you like, it doesn't make it true. I don't know why some are getting pissy about this. O'Meara rightfully wasn't sighted and neither should McKay.

There is a clear head clash between O'Meara and Hayward. You can write it as many times as you like, it doesn't make it true. I don't know why some are getting pissy about this. O'Meara rightfully wasn't sighted and neither should McKay.
Watch again.
Hayward hits his head on Morris- hence why Morris went off with the blood rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Back