O'Meara - who wants him?

Would you take O'Meara in the draft/PSD even though he's nominated Hawthorn?

• Yes

Votes: 136 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 60 30.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Henderson, Zach Smith, tippet, Gunston , to an extent Dangerfield. Brian Lake earlier
Well if that's the list it's not a concern at all. Buddy left hawthorn, beams to lions, Ablett to GC, Thomas to blues, etc. I don't see an issue with it.

Hang on a minute.

If Hawthorn are willing to take the risk and execute a fair trade with the Suns.....you're suggesting this should be stopped?
As long as the trade is fair l'm 110% in favour of it. I for one are completely over him sitting in the stands in his tracksuit. If it's fair he's all yours. BTW do you guys have tanning salons out that way he'll need one now.
And when he breaks up with his girlfriend and gets sick of the terrible weather, overpopulation and 2 hour drive to a decent beach tell him to suck it up.

As long as the trade is fair l'm 110% in favour of it. I for one are completely over him sitting in the stands in his tracksuit. If it's fair he's all yours. BTW do you guys have tanning salons out that way he'll need one now.
And when he breaks up with his girlfriend and gets sick of the terrible weather, overpopulation and 2 hour drive to a decent beach tell him to suck it up.
I'm sure his Premeirship medallions will cheer him up. ;)

Anyone see Jon Ralph report that essendon met with jaegers management today? Odd, can't see him getting to us myself. Just can't picture the PSD scenario occurring

Lachie Henderson, Zach Smith, tippet, Gunston , to an extent Dangerfield. Brian Lake earlier

Crows finished above us last season, take out Danger and there's not a great difference talent wise between the lists.

We gave up Walker, Jensen and a 3rd Rd pick for Smith who was on the outs at GC anyway. It was a big risk considering his injury history.

Leaving: Henderson, Tippett, Gunston, Lake, McEnvoy and Frawley. For every one of them there's an Ablett, Beams, Christensen, Thomas, Jetta and *insert plethora of youngsters who have left GWS here* who have gone to teams much further away from contending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure his Premeirship medallions will cheer him up. ;)

Spoken like a truly arrogant Hawks supporter :thumbsu:

Let's see how the Hawks list holds up over the next few years as the Hawks stars (and absolute legends such as Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Lewis) retire. Will be kinda like the Aussie cricket team when Warne etc moved on.

Spoken like a truly arrogant Hawks supporter :thumbsu:

Let's see how the Hawks list holds up over the next few years as the Hawks stars (and absolute legends such as Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Lewis) retire. Will be kinda like the Aussie cricket team when Warne etc moved on.
You can only hope, eh?

Paddy down to Wines, Wines handballs to O'meara, O'meara takes off, has a bounce, spots a player, throws it on the boot, Wiiinnnngaaarrrdddddd........Ohhh what a mark!! Wingard plays on...kicks...and kicks the goal...

Magnificent !!!
You forgot the part where a Toumpas touch leads to a turnover.

he def worth a first round and possibly a second you know what u going to get with him draft is a gamble
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

As long as it's fair he's all yours friend. We just need blokes who get out on the green stuff occasionally.

What's a fair price for someone you don't expect to play?

So have there been AFL players who have had this type of injuries and overcome it to return to their best?
I'm no expert on the human body as such, but usually the types of injuries I've seen hinder careers is when the player is older - late 20's. I can't think of a lot in their early 20's that have been written off like this. So I'm curious about this.
Adam Cooney is retiring this year. He might have been an even better player, but for the knee injury.

Paddy down to Wines, Wines handballs to O'meara, O'meara takes off, has a bounce, spots a player, throws it on the boot, Wiiinnnngaaarrrdddddd........Ohhh what a mark!! Wingard plays on...kicks...and kicks the goal...

Magnificent !!!

"O'Meara looks a little proppy jogging back to the centre square. Let's hope it's only a knock"

Adam Cooney is retiring this year. He might have been an even better player, but for the knee injury.

The injury is very rare Chris Knights from Richmond did it in May 2013 and his was only a bad tear O'mera had a complete rupture. He played one more game after that and had to retire at 28.
Here is a bit of a history of it from footywire in September 2015,

"Scans have confirmed that retiring Richmond forward Chris Knights will need a knee reconstruction after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament at training.

It's the other knee to the one that dramatically collapsed on him in round seven, 2013, in just his fifth game as a Tiger.

From that day on, the former Crow has battled problems with the knee and soft tissue injuries, and has only been able to play one AFL game since.

Knights made his AFL return in round three this season against the Brisbane Lions but broke down with a hamstring injury that needed surgery and cost him 10 weeks.

He has been in and out of the VFL since, with a quad injury interrupting his ability to string games together."

Last edited:
Back