Omens and coincidences thread, 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

2007 finals series featured a win over the Pies by a kick so I am 100% sure we'll beat another Melbourne based team by 100 and then an interstate side in the GF by 100

2022 - 2007
-1 high pressure close final and 1 smashing
- Eliminate the team that finshed 6th in the prelim.
-Play cocky young interstate team in the GF
-18-4 home and away record.
- Reigning premier cops injuries and eliminated in straight sets.

Could probably add the Stevie J injury and Max Holmes 2011 too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a certain parallel between 2011 and 2022. Thrashed the previous year in the PF. Almost considered gon and done, a fresh voice and approach.
I think CS is almost coach as well as he ever has but the fresh assistants have given all a now look
11 years later too.
1952, then 1963, 11 years.
1963, then 2007, 44 years, multiple 11.
I think there's something in that trend, although I hope for the younger ones that the "next" flag after 2022 is not as far off as 2066

Last time I had to work a GF.... production heard me yelling Chappy!!!!! thru the headset...

I will be on headset again Friday night for a bit.... they are gonna hear Jezza!!!!!!

GO Catters

I think re the Coll tight finals - and the ending is a good omen

2007 PF ( great game for neutrals _ but i hated it - thats the definition of mental torture - and it seemed to go forever that game - but the Cats won - then 20 goal GF win - and being honest Coll would have flogged Port just like we would have flogged GWS in 2019 - ( should have been 6 goals up in that prelim against Rich bar inaccurate kicking to h/t )

And then you look at the finals this season - we scrape over the line against Coll - then they lose by the narrowest - 1pt yesterday - so they are oh so close - but theve got nothing to show for it - where as Geel - hopefully we have got 2 premiership cups

11 years later too.
1952, then 1963, 11 years.
1963, then 2007, 44 years, multiple 11.
I think there's something in that trend, although I hope for the younger ones that the "next" flag after 2022 is not as far off as 2066

I hope its more 2011 ...than 2007.

Cause 2007 our finals form looks similar to Port Adelaide... struggle f1 and a big win in f2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back