Omens for Grand Finalists 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

If you add up the letter values (A=1, B=2 etc) you get:

Dustin Martin = 162
Patrick Dangerfield = 163

Well, I think that's settled the Norm Smith medal.......................................

Sycophantic brown noser Bruuce is adjudicating the Norm Smith so the Omen from that is Danger or Dusty will win it no matter how well they play.

Bruce was on the panel last year.

Matthews, Blight, Damien Barrett, Peter Ryan (Age), Lauren Arnell (ABC - who?)

Not particularly relevant to this thread but I haven't shared this on Bigfooty before.

2016 Elimination Final, I spent pre-game listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. I'm not a huge Pink Floyd fan but I felt like listening to them for whatever reason. Dogs win.

Skip ahead to the semi-final. Driving to the game, had the radio, what comes on? Time by Pink Floyd. Dogs win.

Preliminary final, drove up to Sydney. Had my Spotify shuffling randomly through my few thousand songs. Get to Sydney. What comes on? Time by Pink Floyd. Dogs win.

Grand Final. I don't hear Time all week. Comes to the day, I'm nervous. Still haven't heard it. I'm in my seat pre-game, no Time. The omen is gone. 1 minute to go before the bounce. What's that I hear? They ******* play the bells intro of Time by Pink Floyd right before the bounce. Dogs win.

I haven't listened to Time since

2017 - Richmond 3rd after H&A
2019 - see above
2020 - see above

2017 - 50th anniversary of 1967 flag.
2019 - 50th anniversary of 1969 flag.
2020 - 100th anniversary of 1920 flag and 40th anniversary of 1980 flag.

2008, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019 premiership teams have all featured a Rioli.

2004 GF - Hardwick for Port beats Scott for Brisbane.
2020 - Hardwick beats Port and Scott beats Brisbane.

Last edited:
Hmmm, where do we start with Geelong?

- in 2007, we lost to Port Adelaide in the penultimate round of the season. We went on to smash them in the grand final that year. This year we lost to Richmond in the penultimate round...
- The last 4 times Geelong and Collingwood played in a cut throat final, the winner went on to win the Premiership (Geelong in 07, 09, 11 & Collingwood in 2010). We beat them in a cut throat final this year...
- In 2010, we lost to Collingwood in the prelim who went on to win the premiership. We then lost our best player in that game to an interstate side with the word Coast in their name. The following year we played Collingwood in the grand final and won. Last year we lost to Richmond in the prelim who went on to win the premiership. We then lost our best player in that game to an interstate side with the word Coast in their name. The following year we're playing Richmond in the grand final...
- In the last 4 all-Victorian grand finals, the team who was more dominant in the finals (in terms of final margin) ended up winning the premiership. Geelong were +99 in their final margins this year. Richmond were +29.
- The last two teams who were thought to be too old and too slow won the flag (Hawthorn in 1991 and Geelong in 2011). People think we're too old and too slow this year as well.
- Michael Voss is doing special comments tomorrow night. Last time he was in the commentary box was the 2007 Grand final.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a dream we won by 28. Plus the fact Benny Gale back in 2010 had a vision of 3 flags by 2020.

6th grand final where both teams have gone in unchanged, and 3rd in the past four years.

Richmond 6-3 with unchanged GF teams, Geelong 3-2.

3rd highest combined average age for any match.

Not particularly relevant to this thread but I haven't shared this on Bigfooty before.

2016 Elimination Final, I spent pre-game listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. I'm not a huge Pink Floyd fan but I felt like listening to them for whatever reason. Dogs win.

Skip ahead to the semi-final. Driving to the game, had the radio, what comes on? Time by Pink Floyd. Dogs win.

Preliminary final, drove up to Sydney. Had my Spotify shuffling randomly through my few thousand songs. Get to Sydney. What comes on? Time by Pink Floyd. Dogs win.

Grand Final. I don't hear Time all week. Comes to the day, I'm nervous. Still haven't heard it. I'm in my seat pre-game, no Time. The omen is gone. 1 minute to go before the bounce. What's that I hear? They ******* play the bells intro of Time by Pink Floyd right before the bounce. Dogs win.

I haven't listened to Time since

One of the greatest songs of all time.

...That was 35 years ago, the number worn by Geelong’s best player.
Not sure where you got your number from but Mark O'Connor is actually number 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Back