WANG
NA
ROV

WOD
LAV
WOD R
MYRT
CR
Not buying that Rovers recruits will get them to make the jump? Or is the gap just too big to the big 3?

Seems from afar that they're throwing everything at it for 2024, I've only followed O&M in 2023 and caught a game on stream each weekend so others would know more but hopefully a few players can move into new roles with the 2 blokes coming in to the midfield and a couple of new KPP in.

Sam Murray is clearly a star and racked it up at half back, is there another role he can move into? do the recruits they've landed mean he won't be moving up the ground or is there nobody else in the side capable of being the backline general? Aside from the monstrous game he had vs Wang early in the year did he have any match winning performances in that role?

Not buying that Rovers recruits will get them to make the jump? Or is the gap just too big to the big 3?

Seems from afar that they're throwing everything at it for 2024, I've only followed O&M in 2023 and caught a game on stream each weekend so others would know more but hopefully a few players can move into new roles with the 2 blokes coming in to the midfield and a couple of new KPP in.

Sam Murray is clearly a star and racked it up at half back, is there another role he can move into? do the recruits they've landed mean he won't be moving up the ground or is there nobody else in the side capable of being the backline general? Aside from the monstrous game he had vs Wang early in the year did he have any match winning performances in that role?

It’s got less to do about the top 6 players on the clubs list and more to do about the bottom 6.
Albury, Yarra and Wang have all had a very strong squad of 30 to pick from. That’s what separates them from the rest.
Would like to know how many 100 game players are on Rovers list?
Seems these recruits they’ve been signing since Cresswell turned the club around seem to wash in and out. Except for a few notables that have stayed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think there is a fine line with how many traveler’s you can have.. I’d be careful about getting too many but they certainly are going all in next season.
My question is do they all stick around in the future, long term sustainably is crucial.
I think if they are going deep. Murray has to play more midfield minutes, he could have much more of an impact.

I keep hearing conlan is leaving Albury.. Elliot Powell to Jindera or not play at all is what I’m hearing.
Horlin smith stick around?
They’ll loose Brenner & unthank they’ll get poached by bush clubs and obviously O’Sullivan won’t be there either.

Magpies getting older, they got found out abit later on in the season with their injury list.

Wodonga will be an unknown, hearing they out bidded everyone for Brookes.

North have added 5/6 already but I think they need an out and out gun to help Broomhead

Lavington are concerning for mine, no recruits announced yet and only lost garland, Aalbers it’s very quiet down on tip road.

I think there is a fine line with how many traveler’s you can have.. I’d be careful about getting too many but they certainly are going all in next season.
My question is do they all stick around in the future, long term sustainably is crucial.
I think if they are going deep. Murray has to play more midfield minutes, he could have much more of an impact.

I keep hearing conlan is leaving Albury.. Elliot Powell to Jindera or not play at all is what I’m hearing.
They’ll loose Brenner & unthank they’ll get poached by bush clubs and obviously O’Sullivan won’t be there either.

Magpies getting older, they got found out abit later on in the season with their injury list.

North have added 5/6 already but I think they need an out and out gun to help Broomhead

Lavington are concerning for mine, no recruits announced yet and only lost garland, Aalbers it’s very quiet down on tip road.

Can only speak with Wang with the above but they have added Melville, Federico, Tilley to last years side and will have Anderson, Kelly and Clarke back and firing from injury.
There is one more absolute A grader that is a big chance of signing unless he’s drafted.
Also some great kids coming through which is good to see.
They should be thereabouts again

Yeah I think it really showed last season too many travellers is not the answer, hard to build team bond when you only see blokes on a Saturday. Need to be there with ya mates from the start of Pre Season none of this "training" at other clubs

It’s got less to do about the top 6 players on the clubs list and more to do about the bottom 6.
Albury, Yarra and Wang have all had a very strong squad of 30 to pick from. That’s what separates them from the rest.
Would like to know how many 100 game players are on Rovers list?
Seems these recruits they’ve been signing since Cresswell turned the club around seem to wash in and out. Except for a few notables that have stayed

Yeah that's the same across other leagues but I suppose more pronounced in top comps, need the squad depth. I didn't see enough of the comp to assess bottom end players or guys in and out of the 2s etc. but looking at stats seemed to be a fair few non-contributors.

Heard the other day that Murray doesn't even come up to take training 1 night during the week, is that right? Can't help

Yeah I think it really showed last season too many travellers is not the answer, hard to build team bond when you only see blokes on a Saturday. Need to be there with ya mates from the start of Pre Season none of this "training" at other clubs
100% agree with this. Blokes that move to the area to play are the gold standard. I think Ellis-Yeolman has done this. Respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti to raiders

Well this is the only board outside my local area I read regularly and I have almost no interest in the league.

I actually find Larry very entertaining, like an old school footy version of Chopper Read.
i reckon he's a f wit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back