Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't they make it under 25s instead, or under 23s far better, let the young guys play, afl recruiters might have s look
There have been a handful of younger players drafted or given state league contracts in the last few years that have played interleague. The older guys playing help their performances on the day I believe. Thought Grills playing for the first time last year at age 30 was a great story

Are yarra fudging their points? Dan Howe has magically dropped a point during a round of footy? Maybe corowa will get their first win of the year
Love the eagle eye Trent, heard a few murmurs coming from other competitions with the same questions. Luke Daly four points at Chiltern, and Dean Heta, straight from Albury to a back to back reigning premier side, no previous connections to the club. Must be more to the conditions than we know. I’ll be fuming if we’re left in the dark about the rules, yet Stevie-J gets a dot point presentation on loopholes.

What's wrong Benchy? How many Wang players were in contention for the squad?
Melville, Gottchsling, Sharrock and Naish are stars but all injured. With the exception of the Yarra game Moore looks abit off colour. Tilley? Bloody good player but Tom Boyd's magnet would already be araldited to the board!
That leaves Federico, who i imagine as an inside tackling machine probably has the right to have a week off.

Personally I recon it's a great squad and can't wait to fill a bus full of cold piss for the trip over!
You’re correct, Moore wouldn’t fit in the side on current form, however the stench of sour grapes is wafting through the north easterly wind. Barrett and Bordignon could’ve staked their claim with a trot around the track. I don’t think Reid has come to terms with the blemish on the record books.

What's wrong Benchy? How many Wang players were in contention for the squad?
Melville, Gottchsling, Sharrock and Naish are stars but all injured. With the exception of the Yarra game Moore looks abit off colour. Tilley? Bloody good player but Tom Boyd's magnet would already be araldited to the board!
That leaves Federico, who i imagine as an inside tackling machine probably has the right to have a week off.

Personally I recon it's a great squad and can't wait to fill a bus full of cold piss for the trip over!
was unaware melville was injuried and not sure what naish's injury is the interleague bye isn't this weekend, bordignon, clarke? for the team that was predicted to be unbeatable and full of superstars and after none of them playing in last years team it would be safe to assume they're still dragging the chain

The Ovens and Murray senior interleague squad:
Fletcher Carroll, Jake Gaynor, Jackson Kelly, Isaac Muller, Elliott Powell, Lachie Tiziani, Mat Walker (Albury), Ryan Eyers, Sam Dunstan, Jedd Longmire (Corowa-Rutherglen), Ben Ashley-Cooper, Shaun Driscoll, Jack Driscoll, William Glanvill, Jake O'Brien (Lavington), Mitch Dalbosco, Jaxon East, Matthew Munro, Zac Pethybridge, Brody Ricardi (Myrtleford), Archer Gardiner, Julian Hayes, Josh Minogue, Jack Penny, Cayden Winter (North Albury), Fraser Ellis, Fraser Holland-Dean (Wangaratta), Xavier Allison, Tom Boyd, Will Christie, Brodie Filo, Jace McQuade, Alexander Marklew, Lochie O'Brien (Wang Rovers), Noah Bradshaw, Josh Mathey, Charlie Morrison, Jack A. O'Sullivan (Wodonga), Tom Bracher, Sam Darley, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Brad St John, Ryan Bruce, Matthew Casey, Bailey Frauenfelder, Nick Irvine, Perry Lewis-Smith, Ned Pendergast, Harry Wheeler (Yarrawonga).

Clarke only a couple games back from nearly a year off.
Bords is the wrong side of 30 and has more then done his duty for the league.
Barrett has missed two games including the weekend just gone.

Clarke only a couple games back from nearly a year off.
Bords is the wrong side of 30 and has more then done his duty for the league.
Barrett has missed two games including the weekend just gone.

Taking the piss surely Gyv. F Ellis in the squad. Pretty sure Clarke with only a game under his belt would be a better pick than that. I don't think you'd have him (Ellis) in your best 22 at wang would you, if you're at full strength?

The Ovens and Murray senior interleague squad:
Fletcher Carroll, Jake Gaynor, Jackson Kelly, Isaac Muller, Elliott Powell, Lachie Tiziani, Mat Walker (Albury), Ryan Eyers, Sam Dunstan, Jedd Longmire (Corowa-Rutherglen), Ben Ashley-Cooper, Shaun Driscoll, Jack Driscoll, William Glanvill, Jake O'Brien (Lavington), Mitch Dalbosco, Jaxon East, Matthew Munro, Zac Pethybridge, Brody Ricardi (Myrtleford), Archer Gardiner, Julian Hayes, Josh Minogue, Jack Penny, Cayden Winter (North Albury), Fraser Ellis, Fraser Holland-Dean (Wangaratta), Xavier Allison, Tom Boyd, Will Christie, Brodie Filo, Jace McQuade, Alexander Marklew, Lochie O'Brien (Wang Rovers), Noah Bradshaw, Josh Mathey, Charlie Morrison, Jack A. O'Sullivan (Wodonga), Tom Bracher, Sam Darley, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Brad St John, Ryan Bruce, Matthew Casey, Bailey Frauenfelder, Nick Irvine, Perry Lewis-Smith, Ned Pendergast, Harry Wheeler (Yarrawonga).

Regarding the Albury contingent, If it was picked on form, I think Gilmore pretty stiff to miss out.

Wang have had more injurys in their top 10 each week then the rest of the league combined. Point I am making is alot of these blokes are either currently struck down or barely being held together. I was in total agreement last year that Wang's absence was disappointing, this year its just shithouse luck. Can't blame blokes prioritising welfare over league representation under the circumstances.

Ellis wouldn't have got the call up unless Sexton thought he was up to it mate. Personally I'm happy to see the kid get the chance, has played a couple super games soo far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Filo v Allan head to head, who wins? Only one spot left in the team, who you selecting? Something to mull over.

albury v wangaratta in a few weeks looks like a huge match up, especially from Wang's perspective. Win that and they could be 4-4, lose and go 3-5 and wait until at least rd 10 against rovers to have another chance to square their ledger. Pies won't finish top 3 if they lose the Albury game

albury v wangaratta in a few weeks looks like a huge match up, especially from Wang's perspective. Win that and they could be 4-4, lose and go 3-5 and wait until at least rd 10 against rovers to have another chance to square their ledger. Pies won't finish top 3 if they lose the Albury game

With the injuries wang have at the moment, I think they’d be more concerned getting past Lavington next week before worrying about Albury.

Its a long season , but at this early stage I reckon Yarrawonga and the Wang Rovers are the frontrunners, from there its the Tigers , Wodonga , North Albury and Wangaratta ... but a lot to occur yet as does every year ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back